PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2825 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 02.08.2017, 10:11 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
The O-line was the only real blind spot of the Front Office this off season. As you say there is very little depth and with Pouncey as injury prone as he is & Bushrod gaining in years, the worry is that players not up to standard will be called in

I was a big advocate for getting Forrest Lamp in the draft, particularly when he dropped out of the first round after we didn't pursue TJ Lang or Zietler in FA. The internal part of the line in a power running game is essential. Given we've seemingly built our ethos around it, we are one injury or two from it all collapsing
yeah, when Lamp dropped into the second I thought we might trade up to get him but no joy.
The last part is the most surprising, given what we are trying to build as you say.
One thing the all time draft we just did on the forum brought home to me was regarding the more successful Olines - in almost all cases, you had the 5 guys playing together over a number of years (and you could often name them all, even from decades back, including some great Dolphins Olines!) - this isn't something we have built in recent years in what I can see as a co-ordinated way.
Despite all the other storylines and soundbites, I honestly think our season will be defined by how healthy our Oline can stay.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.08.2017, 02:28 PM
Team Captain

It's been confirmed that Ajayi suffered a concussion in padded practice on Monday. He'll be out at least a week or two, but hopefully it doesn't impact on him heading into the season.

Damien Williams (more balanced/better blocker) is taking starting snaps over Kenyan Drake in practice, looking to earn that money and a new contract next year.
Old 02.08.2017, 03:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
yeah, when Lamp dropped into the second I thought we might trade up to get him but no joy.
The last part is the most surprising, given what we are trying to build as you say.
One thing the all time draft we just did on the forum brought home to me was regarding the more successful Olines - in almost all cases, you had the 5 guys playing together over a number of years (and you could often name them all, even from decades back, including some great Dolphins Olines!) - this isn't something we have built in recent years in what I can see as a co-ordinated way.
Despite all the other storylines and soundbites, I honestly think our season will be defined by how healthy our Oline can stay.
I think you're spot on (again!). The building of the O-line has been in place since Jake Long was drafted and never at that point has it been settled with 5 starting calibre guys playing as a cohesive unit. I can only see this continuing. James is below average, Bushrod is short-term, Tunsil is an unknown (but high ceiling) LT in the Pro's & Pouncey's career as a top end Center will be defined by whether his hip clears up.
If this year is a bad one, I can see us going back to the drawing board once more
Old 02.08.2017, 03:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
It's been confirmed that Ajayi suffered a concussion in padded practice on Monday. He'll be out at least a week or two, but hopefully it doesn't impact on him heading into the season.

Damien Williams (more balanced/better blocker) is taking starting snaps over Kenyan Drake in practice, looking to earn that money and a new contract next year.
Williams gets little press but is very dependable. A lot like Mike Gillislee when he was here.

I like Kenyan Drake though. He could be Jamaal Charles-esque if given the workload - but he won't be. He'll be used primarily as a 3rd Down Back guy
Old 03.08.2017, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

Tannehill just went down in practice with a non-contact left leg injury, after a scramble to the sideline.

Yep, that's the same leg as injured last season...

Managed to walk off under his own power, so keeping everything crossed for some good news.
Old 03.08.2017, 04:56 PM
All Pro

Two padded practises, and two keys to offense injured.

Might be getting a higher draft pick than we thought next year....

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03.08.2017, 06:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Case of sitting and waiting, nothing can be gained by fact he walked off under his own steam.

If he has a season ender, that could be the Tannehill era over, Gase was prepared to be won over, but this puts a shadow over his future.

Hopefully its another near miss, but non-contact injury suggests that knee is waiting to blowout
Old 04.08.2017, 09:09 AM
Team Captain

Also, somewhat lost in the Tannehill news is the fact that Ted Larsen appears to have suffered a torn bicep, which will cause him to miss multiple games and could be season-ending.
Old 04.08.2017, 09:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
Also, somewhat lost in the Tannehill news is the fact that Ted Larsen appears to have suffered a torn bicep, which will cause him to miss multiple games and could be season-ending.
everything about this sentence is horrible.
any excitement I built up about our offence this offseason has just dissipated and we haven't even got preseason games started.
Ah, the joy of being a Dolphins fan....
Old 04.08.2017, 09:45 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
The O-line was the only real blind spot of the Front Office this off season. As you say there is very little depth and with Pouncey as injury prone as he is & Bushrod gaining in years, the worry is that players not up to standard will be called in

I was a big advocate for getting Forrest Lamp in the draft, particularly when he dropped out of the first round after we didn't pursue TJ Lang or Zietler in FA. The internal part of the line in a power running game is essential. Given we've seemingly built our ethos around it, we are one injury or two from it all collapsing
wow, how low does it go for us, not only have our worries about our Oline started coming to pass already, but even poor old Lamp is now out for the year and we didn't even manage to draft him