PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2826 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 04.08.2017, 01:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
everything about this sentence is horrible.
any excitement I built up about our offence this offseason has just dissipated and we haven't even got preseason games started.
Ah, the joy of being a Dolphins fan....
Absolutely. There was genuine hope only a few days a go that the Dolphins could be a true competitor this year. Tannehill was clearly the leader of the offense and from all practice reports was in command, in control and seemed to have excellent chemistry with his receivers.

For all the questions which had loomed over Tannehill (in my opinion mainly due to horrendous coaching over his first 4 years) this was poised to be his year and it looks to be taken away again which means there is no definitive answer about him. And that is just pure Dolphins' bad luck.

The loss of Larsen is a big deal, because even though he was nothing special, he was a fairly solid player and provided depth and was the Dolphins' only new veteran offseason investment on the O-Line.

I'm definitely gutted about the Tannehill injury because we know what Moore's ceiling is, and Tannehill was still finding his.

The Patriots are set for another easy sweep of the AFC East.
Sponsored Links
Old 05.08.2017, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

So gutted about this. It's just typical Dolphins luck then when things finally start looking up for the franchise, something like this happens.

First playoff run in years and he gets hurt before having a chance to play in the playoffs. And now the most promising a prospect for a season in years, and he gets hurt before the season even starts.

All those years the Dolphins were rubbish and he was an ironman, never missing any games despite being hit constantly.

I think this promising season is probably ruined already. But for what it's worth I do think Jay Cutler is the best option for the Dolphins. He had his best season under Gase just 2 years ago, is still relatively young, and would seem a better fit for the style of offense than someone like Kaep who I have never rated.

Obviously there is no perfect solution, and I'm not a huge Cutler fan... but i do think of all the options available he is probably the best fit.

Try and sign him on a 1 year deal, and then hopefully Ryan can come back strong next year.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 05.08.2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05.08.2017, 12:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Kaep who has been working out & in football shape, versus Jay Cutler who was getting in shape for the broadcast booth.....

If Cutler was an A-Grade top QB then that could be overcome, but he was middling when ready and prepared for football. Yes he knows Gase's system but Cutler's time has been and gone. He knows that, thats in part why he retired

PFT linking us with Bridgwater.........because the last time we gor a QB from Minnesota with dodgy knees , that went tremendously well
Old 06.08.2017, 02:07 PM
MVP

Ahhhhhhh for ..........

I cancelled my GamePass two weeks ago, glad I did now but not for this latest reason with Tannehill, sheeesh.

I was very critical of Tannehill at times but to be fair last season really did end on such a positive step as you all say.

Heard about Cutler too. You know again never his biggest fan, thought he was a good but not great QB, not someone I think we should pursue but...

To be fair to this situation, we all know his diabetic problem, and diabetes can really impact on circulation etc. Maybe playing in Denver and then Chicago, not the best weather at times, just didn't help him.

A new warm climate, a break, and his old playcaller Adam Gase, who knows maybe it can be a good match.

I love Matt Moore, just not for a full season long campaign, the best backup in the league at times but we need a QB.
Old 06.08.2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Cutler signed on a 1 year deal. I think this suggests that the Dolphins are leaning towards surgery for #17.

You know, it's hardly an ideal situation.... but I do believe Cutler was the best option available. And better than getting desperate and sending a load of assets to someone for an average QB in a trade like the Vikings did last year.

After all the optimism, I fear it could be another long season.
Old 06.08.2017, 09:53 PM
MVP

Really gutted about Tannehill, he showed a lot of improvement last year and I was excited about the coming season. Feels like a real kick in the teeth when when it seemed like a lot of things were looking good.

A lot of doubts about Cutler, has he kept in shape? He does at least have history with Gase, but I can't see how we get anywhere near the Pats. Really felt like with Gase we could kick on from where we got to last year, but I just can't see it now
Old 07.08.2017, 09:01 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Niall 360

What an absolute shame for Tannehill and the Dolphins. Just when it looked like he was primed for his best season, he goes and wrecks his knee again. It seemed on paper that he'd have had his best surrounding cast, coming off a very promising season. At this stage it sounds like he'll be shut down for the season, and have that surgery. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it seems now that this should have been done at the end of last season.

Cutler is a big name, but let's be honest, we're not going anywhere this season. Cutler at least gives us reason to watch, rather than sticking with Moore, but it ain't going to be pretty. The big question now is what we do with Tannehill going forward. It'll be an interesting choice.

This is an excellent piece on what we'll be missing with Tannehill out.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/03/t...yan-tannehill/
Old 07.08.2017, 10:38 AM
MVP

I'm more likely inclined to give the Dolphins half a chance with Cutler, less so with Bridgewater, dodgy knees or not.

I hope the sunny climes, maybe less pressure on him and Adam Gase, it could be just a real nice fit that surprises us all.

Years back I thought Carson Palmer was getting to his ceiling and was done but he really had some good years for the Cardinals.
Old 07.08.2017, 12:24 PM
All Pro

Urgh it wouldn't be the Dolphins without some early disappointment. Not overly sold on Cutler but as Cornish said better than trading away the future for a stop gap. Hope Tannehill can come back but i feel like we'll be looking at a new QB next year.
Old 08.08.2017, 01:43 PM
All Pro

Cutler had some of his best games under Gases coaching. I'm quite positive with him for the season.