NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 15.08.2017, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
Tony Lippett out for the season now
Ah man.... this has been the training camp from hell.

I'm almost as gutted about this as I was when #17 got hurt. Lippett was a raw talent, forced to play last year before he was truly ready. Made some mistakes.... but the unexpected increased playing time really helped him improve dramatically. I was really expecting him to make another big leap forward this season. Such as a shame for the kid who had been on a massive upwards trajectory.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 15.08.2017 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.08.2017, 12:03 AM
Team Captain

Cutler is playing great in this first half, this is looking very promising for the season ahead. Landry, stills, Thomas and jay train also looking really sharp.
Old 25.08.2017, 09:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Cutler made some questionable throws, but thats what Cutler does. I think he'll thrive with Parker, same type of big bodied WR he likes to put his trust in.
We may be fun to watch though now with the shackles Tannehill brings to the offense being taken off.

Defensively we are going to struggle on this showing. And Laremy Tunsil got a working over at LT. Hopefully he settles down. Good to see Pouncey back. Massively important
Old 25.08.2017, 11:45 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfives View Post
Cutler is playing great in this first half, this is looking very promising for the season ahead. Landry, stills, Thomas and jay train also looking really sharp.
I've been encouraged from most of what I've seen from the offense this preseason. DVP is looking like he's ready to step up. If he does, it should give opposing DC's a headache trying to manage him, Stills and Landry.

The defense in the other hand... I'm not filled with confidence.
Old 29.08.2017, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Cutler made some questionable throws, but thats what Cutler does. I think he'll thrive with Parker, same type of big bodied WR he likes to put his trust in.
We may be fun to watch though now with the shackles Tannehill brings to the offense being taken off.

Yeah that's it with Cutler. Him and how he plays is high risk, high reward. He's still got an incredible arm and is certainly not afraid to take chances, and loves throwing long balls to big bodied receivers like Parker. If Parker doesn't break out this year with Cutler throwing to him, he probably never will.

Cutler could be amazing... he might completely self-destruct, and take the team down with him. There's not really any inbetween. It'll certainly make the season interesting!
Old 29.08.2017, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

It is concerning how vulnerable the defense looks though. With players like Suh, Wake, Timmons, Alonso and Jones, you'd think they should be pretty solid on paper. But despite Tannehill's injury and Cutler replacing him.... we still have far more to be concerned about on the defensive side of the ball, than we do on offense.

One good thing is that McDonald is looking like a beast. He should provide a nice little boost in the 2nd half of the season after his suspension.

Lippett and McMillan are young players, but I had high hopes for both of them this year. They leave big holes and are harder than you'd think to replace.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 30.08.2017 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01.09.2017, 02:46 PM
MVP

Watched last nights game. New Game Pass Essentials with 25% off intro offer.

I just get bitten by the NFL bug year on year, mug for it!! 40' games suit my lifestyle, don't watch many full live games now.

It was a decent performance, don't look too much into these last games.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 01.09.2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04.09.2017, 08:41 AM
Team Captain

Some tidbits of news as roster cut-down day arrived in the NFL...

Released (29): P Matt Darr, LB Neville Hewitt, LS Winston Chapman, QB Brandon Doughty, TE Thomas Duarte, G Isame Faciane, QB David Fales, WR Trey Griffey, S A.J. Hendy, OT Sean Hickey, CB Larry Hope, RB Storm Johnson, LB Deon Lacey, WR Rashad Lawrence, WR Malcolm Lewis, CB Jordan Lucas, DE Cameron Malveaux, DE Praise Martin-Oguike, WR Mitch Mathews, WR Drew Morgan, DT Lawrence Okoye, TE Chris Pantale, CB Lafayette Pitts, DE Joby Saint Fleur, RB De’Veon Smith, WR Damore’ea Stringfellow, LB Junior Sylvestre, DE Julius Warmsley, OT Avery Young

Waived/injured (2): LB Neville Hewitt, LB Brandon Watts

Injured reserve (2): CB Tony Lippett, LB Raekwon McMillan

Physically unable to perform list: WR Rashawn Scott

Interesting to see that both Andrew Franks and Matt Darr were released and the dolphins will be going into the season with 2 new special teams kickers.

A lot of Dolphins fans are questioning the decision to keep Cody Parkey over Franks, with Parkey's 3 missed FGs being a hefty reason why the Dolphins beat the Browns last season. But Parkey previously made the Pro Bowl with the Eagles and the Dolphins clearly hope he can be an upgrade to Franks' inconsistency.

Matt Darr was a great punter for the Fins, but training camp reports suggest Haack could be just as good (if not better) and will come at a cheaper cost. Also of note, Haack is a left-footed punter meaning the ball spins slightly differently and may just throw in an extra factor for punt returners.

Time to get excited - we're 6 days away from Dolphins football!!
Old 04.09.2017, 10:53 AM
All Pro

yeah, another couple of interesting moves this week -
Ted Larsen was kept on the active roster list so he can return as soon as he is ready (not have to wait till after week 8) so they must be confident that he won't be out too long
We also claimed LB Justin March-Lillard off waivers - he started 5 games for the Chiefs last season before a hand injury ended it so will interesting to see if he can be stick around.

looking forward to Sunday but really have no idea what is ahead
will get to see us in person in consecutive weeks early on (Saints at Wembley followed by Titans at Hard Rock) so I suppose will find out soon enough...
Old 04.09.2017, 06:44 PM
MVP

There's talk of our game on Sunday possibly being moved (to another date or another location) due to the impending Hurricane Irma.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-sourc...r-against-bucs