New NFL Game Pass Perfection on my TV - Basic Guide - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 06.09.2017, 08:39 PM
Rookie

Lightbulb New NFL Game Pass Perfection on my TV - Basic Guide

Ok, so there is no denying that the new Game Pass app is rubbish at pushing stuff to your TV (iphone of android). This post is long but if you want to watch Game Pass on your big TV and currently struggle, this post may be for you so bear with it.

Every year I employee various workarounds to ensure I can watch Game Pass at the best quality on my TV and over the last few years this has meant bypassing the official application and using the unofficial Kodi plug-in to stream games and NFL Network shows.

If you haven’t installed Kodi and tried the unofficial Game Pass application on your PC, then you should. It’s good. If you don’t know what Kodi is then look here https://kodi.tv/download

Anyway, that’s not why I’m posting this. (Even the application on Kodi is having trouble this year as everything has had to be rewritten to match the change of service providers for NFL Game Pass Europe). The reason I am writing this is because I have worked out how to get the native android application running to perfection on my TV and it isn’t all that difficult if you’re a little tech savvy.

Essentially all that I have done is side-load the NFL Game Pass EU android application on to my Amazon Fire Stick using my android phone and then installed a mouse pointer application (on the Fire Stick) to control the app.

What you’ll need…
Hardware…
An Amazon Fire Stick
An Android phone or tablet

Software (from the Google Play Store)…

NFL Game Pass Europe
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.nfl.gamepass

App2Fire (original) Free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.appstofiretv

Mouse Toggle for Fire TV £2.36
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggleforfiretv

First, download the NFL Game Pass EU android application on to your android device

Then use App2Fire (original) to push and install this application from your device to the Fire Stick

Once NFL Game Pass EU is installed on your Fire stick, you can try running it, but it’s not easy to control. This is where “Mouse Toggle for Fire TV” comes in.

Install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV on your android device and follow the instructions (read them carefully)

Once that’s installed on your Fire Stick, you double tap the Play button to get the mouse on the TV screen and you can hold the middle button and a direction to swipe through the NFL Game Pass EU app.

Playback is excellent quality, you can skip forward and backwards using the big blue buttons (essential if they aint going to removed adverts (fools)) and I haven’t had it fail on me once. Basically the android application is pretty good. (It’s just the Chromecasting that’s awful).

Anyway, until the actual Fire Stick application comes out “sometime in the season”, this is an excellent way of watching Game Pass.

Hope it helps someone somewhere to cope with the awful “updated” application which has been released.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.09.2017, 11:18 PM
Hall of Fame

This is useful. Thanks.

I have a Philips Android TV with Kodi installed on it and a sideloding app installed on Unfortunately the Google Play store on the android TV is pared down and doesn't have the NFL Gamepass app and I don't have an android smartphone/tablet as I'm on iOS devices. But hopefully this is useful to some.

I travel a lot so that's what I use Gamepass for so it important to me that the experience of watching downloaded on demand content is good and with this ludicrous decision to retain adverts and the flakey forward/back functionality this will be substandard compared with what we had before.
Old 07.09.2017, 08:18 AM
Rookie

Thats great I will try this.
I just ditched sky and bought gamepass for the first time so just finding my feet. Was just looking how to exactly do this tv trick.
While you are there did you get a vpn to see the blacked out games. Also are play-off games still blacked out on game pass? I read differing opinions. Excuse going off topic slightly
Cheers
Mint.
Old 07.09.2017, 05:31 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
This is useful. Thanks.

I have a Philips Android TV with Kodi installed on it and a sideloding app installed on Unfortunately the Google Play store on the android TV is pared down and doesn't have the NFL Gamepass app and I don't have an android smartphone/tablet as I'm on iOS devices. But hopefully this is useful to some.

I travel a lot so that's what I use Gamepass for so it important to me that the experience of watching downloaded on demand content is good and with this ludicrous decision to retain adverts and the flakey forward/back functionality this will be substandard compared with what we had before.
I imagine that if you have ES File Explorer (or something similar) and a drop box account on the TV then you can download the APK, drop it into you drop box and install through the ES File Explorer. I did this on the Firestick through my mac yesterday.

https://apkmonk.com/app/com.deltatre.nfl.gamepass/

It may help until the apps appear "in the coming weeks/during the season"
Old 07.09.2017, 06:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchesterBroncoLUHG View Post
I imagine that if you have ES File Explorer (or something similar) and a drop box account on the TV then you can download the APK, drop it into you drop box and install through the ES File Explorer. I did this on the Firestick through my mac yesterday.

https://apkmonk.com/app/com.deltatre.nfl.gamepass/

It may help until the apps appear "in the coming weeks/during the season"
Cheers. I've got ES File Explorer and can try using Google Drive to transfer the file from my iPhone to the TV. Will give that a go.
Old 07.09.2017, 06:24 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
Cheers. I've got ES File Explorer and can try using Google Drive to transfer the file from my iPhone to the TV. Will give that a go.
Yeah it should do. You will need to download the mouse app to use gamepass though. I've got RemoteFTV on my iPhone and I think but not 100% it's free. It looks distorted when it loads up (gamepass that is) as its built for a phone but the picture is very good when loaded. I've had NFL Network on the last couple of hours with no issues.

We shouldn't have to resort to this on the opening day of course.
Old 07.09.2017, 06:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, the Google play store on my Philips Android TV is rubbish. No Dropbox or GoogleDrive. Not even sure how ES File Explorer works as never sideloaded something.
Old 07.09.2017, 07:51 PM
Starter

Go into ES File Explorer

Down the left hand side you will see several headings, click on the Network drop down and then select Cloud. Then select New and it will give you an option to sign into/set up several servers (I think thats the right word) including Dropbox and I presume Google Drive (Gdrive). Then you just sign in and assuming you have the same account on your iPhone, put the APK on to that and it should appear in ES File under Network, Cloud, then Drop Box/Gdrive or whatever.
Old 07.09.2017, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Appreciate the post. Installed on fire stick via es file, not easy at all to use the app once installed.
Tried the Kodi add on afterwards and it works a treat. I'd advise anyone to install Kodi on the fire stick rather than go to the trouble of installing the official app APK. Navigation is far easier and quality is great. Fast forwarding and rewindng is easy also
Old 07.09.2017, 08:52 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
Appreciate the post. Installed on fire stick via es file, not easy at all to use the app once installed.
Tried the Kodi add on afterwards and it works a treat. I'd advise anyone to install Kodi on the fire stick rather than go to the trouble of installing the official app APK. Navigation is far easier and quality is great. Fast forwarding and rewindng is easy also
I've just checked and it's been updated. It's not worked for a while but now it is. I wholeheartedly agree if you have Kodi download it from there, much easier now it's working. It's what I usually use.

Tags
fire stick , game pass , game pass eu