NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 09.09.2017, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Top marks to Stephen Ross.
Paying to charter enough planes to get the players, coaches, staff and their families to California and safe from Irma and anymore that follow.
I'm sure some staff will still be in Davie and at the stadium but SR has really grown into the role of team owner.
I raise my imaginary hat to him.
You know what... I thought the exact same thing when I read about that. He really has grown into the role. When he first bought the team he didn't seem to have a clue, and I really hated the guy.

But he has done several things over the last 3-4 years that have gradually won me back over. Fair play to him....
Sponsored Links
Old 09.09.2017, 03:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
You know what... I thought the exact same thing when I read about that. He really has grown into the role. When he first bought the team he didn't seem to have a clue, and I really hated the guy.

But he has done several things over the last 3-4 years that have gradually won me back over. Fair play to him....
Agreed
He is no fool that's for sure, you don't get the money he has by making too many mistakes. When he first bought the Dolphins I think he realised he did not know everything about running a team and brought in some "advisors"
As he grew into the role of Team Owner and realised his "advisors and influential staff" were largely idiots he has made changes for the better. Jeez he even paid for the stadium renovations upfront himself, key word there being the word upfront.
More than happy with SR at the helm.

Until we have a losing season again and again and again when it will all be his fault
Old 11.09.2017, 03:42 PM
Team Captain

Apparently Stephen Ross has asked the NFL about moving the London game back to Miami...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-they-said-no/

Other than the extra travel, I still stand by my earlier post - it doesn't make much sense to me. It's certainly working to drive up the hatred for the London games from some US fans though!

Engineers are due to assess the stadium for structural damage in the coming days. Tornadoes in the area hit the Marlins' Park and damaged the roof.

The players are currently using the Cowboys' facility in California to prepare for their game against the Chargers. The Dolphins also have provisional plans to train in West Virginia before the Jets game (week 3) if their own practice facilities are damaged. So it is still entirely unclear as to when the players will be able to practice back at home.

Out of interest, given all the uncertainties about the conditions in S Florida - would anyone here prefer the Week 4 game to be put back in Miami, on the slight chance that they may benefit from some reduced travel?
Old 11.09.2017, 07:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
Apparently Stephen Ross has asked the NFL about moving the London game back to Miami...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-they-said-no/

Other than the extra travel, I still stand by my earlier post - it doesn't make much sense to me. It's certainly working to drive up the hatred for the London games from some US fans though!

Engineers are due to assess the stadium for structural damage in the coming days. Tornadoes in the area hit the Marlins' Park and damaged the roof.

The players are currently using the Cowboys' facility in California to prepare for their game against the Chargers. The Dolphins also have provisional plans to train in West Virginia before the Jets game (week 3) if their own practice facilities are damaged. So it is still entirely unclear as to when the players will be able to practice back at home.

Out of interest, given all the uncertainties about the conditions in S Florida - would anyone here prefer the Week 4 game to be put back in Miami, on the slight chance that they may benefit from some reduced travel?
I probably wouldn't mind, as long as I was re-imbursed everything I've paid for it (tickets, travel, etc).

There's no way the NFL could/would do that though, it would be a nightmare to arrange and extremely costly to them. It would also be a bit of a PR nightmare, something the league would be keen to avoid given that they're intent on trying to raise the profile of the game over here.
Old 12.09.2017, 09:34 AM
All Pro

One particular beat writer has been beating this drum for the last week, seems a backwards move to annoy fans who have booked travel etc for the last 8 months to get a game in a state/stadium which is currently under-water and potentially damaged.
Old 16.09.2017, 08:48 PM
MVP

So, we're a day away from (FINALLY) getting our season underway! What's everyone's thoughts and predictions for the game?

Hard to predict how the week 1 'bye' will affect us. Do the Chargers have the edge from having a real game under their belt or do we have the upper hand as we haven't played and will be fresher?!

So hard to predict this one. I really have no idea what to expect from this Phins team this season with Cutler at the helm. But with everything the Phins have been through in the last week or two I'm going to predict a Chargers victory - but hopefully I'm wrong! San Diego..err I mean Los Angeles by 3.
Old 16.09.2017, 09:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Its been a weird season and we've not played a snap.
I had a look on the Chargers forum earlier, and their fans only seem concerned with Ajayi and Landry. I think Cutler will be looking to Parker for big plays, particularly with Verrett out.
Tunsil vs Bosa could be an interesting battle.

Not confident, but I'll go with a Dolphins win. I'm hoping the advantage of last weeks game tape to study will outweigh the rust and recent distractions.
Old 17.09.2017, 12:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harps View Post
Its been a weird season and we've not played a snap.
I had a look on the Chargers forum earlier, and their fans only seem concerned with Ajayi and Landry. I think Cutler will be looking to Parker for big plays, particularly with Verrett out.
Tunsil vs Bosa could be an interesting battle.

Not confident, but I'll go with a Dolphins win. I'm hoping the advantage of last weeks game tape to study will outweigh the rust and recent distractions.
We could definitely be seeing a strong dose of Parker, given that Landry's had some knee issues this week and I believe is now listed as questionable for the game. I expect he'll suit up and play, but possibly with a limited snap count as I'm sure they won't want to risk worsening his knee even further. If so hopefully Carroo and Grant can step up and make some plays to help the offense out.
Old 17.09.2017, 04:23 PM
Pro Bowler

Timmons out. Apparently something angered him. I thought the Dolphins were done with this sort of crap
Old 17.09.2017, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Far from the ideal start to the season for the Fins, with the unscheduled bye last week and now Lawrence Timmons going walkabouts. Sounds like he won't play tonight now, which obviously puts his future with the team in some doubt...