NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 19.09.2017, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Agree with Ajayi and the need to limit his workload

I think sometimes there is a worry that a physical back will soon wear out. Pace tends to go before power and so I'm not unduly worried about him. Players like Marshawn and Frank Gore show there's longevity to be found for good power runnings

Gore was very similar to Ajayi in college. Full of promise but chronic injury issues scared NFL teams off. Those injuries have since never surfaced in the Pro's and Gore remains a force .....hope its the same for Jay
It's a great point Rams... totally agree that physical backs tend to have better longevity. Jerome Bettis is another example to the ones you mentioned. Fingers crossed Ajayi turns out like Gore did after his college injury history!
Sponsored Links
Old 19.09.2017, 08:08 PM
MVP

As per the Dolphins twitter page.. Timmons has been suspended indefinitely.
Old 20.09.2017, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandwr View Post
As per the Dolphins twitter page.. Timmons has been suspended indefinitely.
It's all very weird. Who knows what happened there.... but I do know that this is another big blow to this team as he was supposed to be a key component of the D.

It's been a nightmare couple of months for the Dolphins in one way or another.
Old 20.09.2017, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
It's all very weird. Who knows what happened there.... but I do know that this is another big blow to this team as he was supposed to be a key component of the D.

It's been a nightmare couple of months for the Dolphins in one way or another.
You've traded a 5th round pick to the Saints for Stephone Anthony, so it looks likely that you've already moved on...
Old 20.09.2017, 08:32 AM
Team Captain

I'm pretty sure under the CBA you can only suspend a player for a maximum of 4 games for conduct 'detrimental to the team', before the players union has to be involved.

So Timmons could be out for 4 weeks and then cut, or might be brought back if the sides can make amends.

Either way, being in Week 2 and already having to trade away draft picks to plug the leaks isn't a good feeling...
Old 20.09.2017, 10:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
You've traded a 5th round pick to the Saints for Stephone Anthony, so it looks likely that you've already moved on...
agree with all above that has been said on Timmons, Ajayi, Landry, CB's and Dolphins crowd (in work so don't have time to substantiate )
but one element to the above trade that intrigues (and pleases) me ahead of the Wembley meeting - should get some good insight into the regular season workings of the Saints defence (and offence to an extent) that could give us an added advantage in play calling?
It used to bug me a few years when AFC East rivals (the Pats in particular) would 'temporarily' sign on of the players we cut in preseason, getting an understanding of plays/schemes we were using.
To get this during the regular season could be useful with that game in mind (and specifically their defence which is not their strength)?
Old 24.09.2017, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
You know what... I thought the exact same thing when I read about that. He really has grown into the role. When he first bought the team he didn't seem to have a clue, and I really hated the guy.

But he has done several things over the last 3-4 years that have gradually won me back over. Fair play to him....
And following on from my previous comments about Stephen Ross a couple of weeks ago.... my opinion of him just went up a couple more notches following his comments about Trump yesterday. Well done to him.
Old 24.09.2017, 08:02 PM
MVP

Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back. A truly woeful performance.

I dread to think what Drew Brees is going to do to our defense next week.
Old 24.09.2017, 09:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandwr View Post
Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back. A truly woeful performance.

I dread to think what Drew Brees is going to do to our defense next week.
400+4?

Absolutely God awful, no excuse just embarrassing.

As fas as my mind how's we are 1-1 having lost late to the chargers and beating the jets as expected. Lalalalalala can't hear you.
Old 25.09.2017, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hope to god they play better than that next week. Was painful today.