PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2835 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 03.10.2017, 08:37 AM
GOAT

Cutler has no passion and fire.. he was the same in Chicago.. I am not too sure the players will work too hard for him... if we are to fail at least lets fail with Matt Moore under centre.. but Given that Gase brought Cutler in as 'his guy' and we have spent $10 million or so on him.. I cannot see Moore getting reps any time soon
Sponsored Links
Old 03.10.2017, 11:11 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Cutler has no passion and fire.. he was the same in Chicago.. I am not too sure the players will work too hard for him... if we are to fail at least lets fail with Matt Moore under centre.. but Given that Gase brought Cutler in as 'his guy' and we have spent $10 million or so on him.. I cannot see Moore getting reps any time soon
I agree, the few interviews I've watched Cutler doesn't seem that interested.
Although I doubt very much if Moore could do any better behind the O-line the way they're playing at the moment. (I thought the O stood for "Offence" not "Open")
I think they should have stayed with Moore from the beginning. Some players were vocally behind him only days before signing Cutler. Moore would have had better chemistry with them after last season and I think there would have been more camaraderie with the whole offense looking to step up to prove themselves. I feel bringing in Cutler has undermined that and given everyone a get out, seemingly waiting for him to carry the team as the "Star" player.
Old 03.10.2017, 12:44 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Niall 360

Cutler shows lack of passion? Shock, horror!! who could have seen that being the case?

Two terrible offensive performances in a row. Cutler is really struggling when put under pressure, although questions have to asked of the O-Line. According to PFF he was pressured on 50% of his dropbacks. Any QB is going to struggle with that! We seen Tannehill struggle behind a poor line for years. Moore ain't the answer either.

We have to realistic here, what did we really think we'd achieve this year? 6-8 wins was the best we could have hoped for. Next week we could be playing a Matt Cassell led Titans team. We could be 2-2, not exactly the worst record after 4 games. This was always going to be a lost season with Tannehill out
Old 03.10.2017, 06:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Gase has no long term trust in Moore, evidenced by signing a just retired QB in Cutler.
This isn't on Cutler. The line is atrocious, it cannot withstand any type of pass rush, and the run blocking is as bad. Snap after snap the line collapsed in the interior meaning Ajayi was repeatedly initially hit 2-3 yards behind the line

Biggest disappointment has been the WR's. For a supposed top tier group it is rare to see any kind of separation or winning of contested balls.

Gase has real work to do.
Old 04.10.2017, 11:40 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon03 View Post
So..... where next? After another abject failure this time not even being able to score a single point against an average Saints side, can things get any worse? I must admit I was reasonably optimistic for this season, after we did better than expected last year. However, in every match including our one (very lucky) win this season to date, we have been truly awful and the team (and coach!) all appear to be clueless, out of ideas and most alarmingly passionless. Something appears to be rotten to the core within the whole franchise and I must admit I am genuinely losing faith and patience.

Honestly, if there isn't rapid signs of progression, Gase must be on the hotseat. Yes I know second year and all, but the pure ineptitude the last two weeks is unacceptable and if it doesn't revert quickly the question needs to be asked - do we simply press reset and go new coach and new QB next year?
Old 04.10.2017, 03:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post
Honestly, if there isn't rapid signs of progression, Gase must be on the hotseat. Yes I know second year and all, but the pure ineptitude the last two weeks is unacceptable and if it doesn't revert quickly the question needs to be asked - do we simply press reset and go new coach and new QB next year?
Gase did enough last year to earn a 3rd season. His team overachieved last year and underachieving this. Our true standing as a roster is somewhere between the two. We're not as good as many thought, but not as bad as many now claim

The main problem is the offensive line. Its truly terrible. It allows no space to run and no time for receivers to get open. Same as it ever was. We were crying out for a Guard in FA and passed on the likes of Zietler and Lang - a fatal oversight

But lest we forget, we started 1-4 last year and should have succumbed to the Browns only for them to Browns their way out of a deserved victory. A win against a similarly shellshocked (on last weeks showing) Titans is essential
Old 05.10.2017, 08:59 AM
Team Captain

I think this article hints at a big part of where we are going wrong this season, failing to create gaps in the A&B is a big part of Ajayi not getting the space he needs, and that's down to the guards and centre.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpo...for-jay-ajayi/

I watched a bit of the steelers last game and the other Pouncey was wrecking people in the middle, dragging them off spot and pushing them around to create gaps for Bell, when we play our line just gets pushed back or seems to be stuck in concrete. Bushrod has been garbage so far this season in particular.

The titans are terrible at defense so we should post some numbers there but the team has to get the lines set if we are to make any progress this season in the long run IMHO.

Also here are the PFF ratings for the saints game if anyone is interested: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/d...002-story.html
Old 05.10.2017, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

This season has been cursed from the beginning. No way should Gase be on the hotseat no matter what happens this year.

Bringing in a new starter at QB about 3 weeks before the season was due to start was always going to mean in was going to be a tough season.... even if that new guy is an experienced vet who has worked with the HC before. It was always going to be tough for Cutler and the Dolphins to do well this year.

And agree the O-Line is having a 'mare. We knew the guards woulfd be a point of weakness.... but Tunsil, despite playing LT in college, is starting at that position full time in the NFL for the first time in his career.... so it's a learning curve for him too. I think he'll come good in the end, but right now he is a point of weakness on the o-line as well as the guards. On the plus side, James at RT is playing as well as I've seen him.

Fingers crossed things will improve like they did last year as Cutler settles in and the season moves along.

If not.... We just need to write this season off, as it seemed to be cursed from the beginning, and hope our luck is better next year and it all comes together.
Old 06.10.2017, 09:26 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
This season has been cursed from the beginning. No way should Gase be on the hotseat no matter what happens this year.
100% agree. This franchise has gone through far too much turnover over the past 20 year and none of it has led to any substantial success.

I am fully behind Gase leading this franchise, despite the wobbly starts so far and last season. He is a young coach who will still be learning, but I think he brings all the intangibles and football intelligence needed to put a plan in place.

Even if it's not a quick fix, stability at the top (if the right people) is needed before you can expect to have consistent success.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd happily let Gase keep hold of the controls for the next 6-8 years and see what he can do to build the team in his vision.

Plus, exactly as Cornish says, this season has been cursed since 3rd August. With any luck we don't become the new annual injury-piƱata like the Chargers have been and whatever we get out of this season can be used a building block to move forward.
Old 07.10.2017, 09:33 AM
Hall of Fame

Season isn't cursed, its a part of football and relying upon Next Man Up

The Chiefs lost their starting RB and then their leader in Eric Berry and starting a QB on supposed borrowed time. Yet they are 4-0

The team are playing poorly, lacking confidence and with a Coach threatening to call players out, which only works in the short term

What concerns me is the lack of any significant adjustments to counter the abysmal starts we have had on both sides of the ball. The last two weeks were as bad as anything under Philbin.