PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2841 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 26.10.2017, 02:19 PM
Team Captain

Slightly worrying that our OL is incredibly banged up at the moment, bushrod is the only fully fit guy right now apparently.

In better news Patriots have lost hightower for the season, making their already shaky defense look even worse. Now if we can only up our PPG from being the worst in the league to slightly less that worse we might have a chance

Cornish, Maxwell was benched early on in the season after being terrible, cutting him now frees up some cap space and we have verner as CB3 and mccain at nickel so we should be ok. It was a shame he didn't carry that form into this season but think he was already on the downward slope. Tankersley wasn't great last match but he has been brilliant in the games before that, checkout my links to the PFF analysis in previous posts, he deserves the time at CB2 to develop into a better player hopefully, just as Howard is doing slowly but surely.

Anyone staying up for the game tonight? I might try and catch the first couple of Q if i can stay awake...
Sponsored Links
Old 26.10.2017, 04:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfives View Post
Slightly worrying that our OL is incredibly banged up at the moment, bushrod is the only fully fit guy right now apparently.

In better news Patriots have lost hightower for the season, making their already shaky defense look even worse. Now if we can only up our PPG from being the worst in the league to slightly less that worse we might have a chance

Cornish, Maxwell was benched early on in the season after being terrible, cutting him now frees up some cap space and we have verner as CB3 and mccain at nickel so we should be ok. It was a shame he didn't carry that form into this season but think he was already on the downward slope. Tankersley wasn't great last match but he has been brilliant in the games before that, checkout my links to the PFF analysis in previous posts, he deserves the time at CB2 to develop into a better player hopefully, just as Howard is doing slowly but surely.

Anyone staying up for the game tonight? I might try and catch the first couple of Q if i can stay awake...
Mmm, Brady getting banged up as well, that would be more welcome

Looking to tonight's game, would be huge to get the win (however we achieve it), given our hectic schedule/events so far this season, we would have 10 days till next game - might give a bit of recupe time for some of our not fully fit guys (including the OL you mention), and then an extra day after the sunday night Raiders game (at home) as it is then a mon night game to follow. not quite a bye week but as good as it is going to get for us this season.

not staying up, am lucky enough to work from home on fridays so I will record it and get up about 6am and watch it then before work
Old 26.10.2017, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Gonna be hard to win tonight. Thursday night games are so tough on the road teams. I read somewhere that the Dolphins haven't won a road game on a Thursday since 2009. And haven't beaten the Ravens on the road on any day of the week since 1997 when we still had #13 at QB!
Old 27.10.2017, 11:17 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Gonna be hard to win tonight. Thursday night games are so tough on the road teams. I read somewhere that the Dolphins haven't won a road game on a Thursday since 2009. And haven't beaten the Ravens on the road on any day of the week since 1997 when we still had #13 at QB!
Mmm, it appears that you were correct Cornish (altho didn't expect it to be THAT hard)

(as an aside,was lucky enough to be at that game in 2009, my first Dolphins game over in the US, did a sun/thur 2 games in Charlotte trip (my bro was living in South Carolina at the time), think Ricky Williams starred for us (2 or 3 TDs?) but main memory is Pat White making a rare appearance in the wildcat!))
Old 27.10.2017, 12:57 PM
MVP

Ooooffffffff. That hit hard just like Alonso.

Gashed all night long D, even though they fought hard at times.

Offense, sucked, reminded me of that Wild Card game, we were never in it.

Same old Dolphins at times, never take things onto another level. I'm taking no excuses from well Moore this, only had two sessions whatever. The Ravens backup came in and got on with it. Moore has been with the team forever.

Getting bored with NFL, what with all the GamePass crap and usual 2 steps forward and then 3 back with the team. We won't have a winning record for long with this OL. Moore is ok, had a great game last week, nothing special this, we'll probably tail off this season I reckon.

Sorry guys, losing interest in NFL.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 27.10.2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 27.10.2017, 01:23 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
Main memory is Pat White making a rare appearance in the wildcat!))
Aye Pat White, looked interesting that move until the hit from that Steelers player who basically knocked him out of the NFL!!

I give you Cam Wake.

MMHOF

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 27.10.2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 27.10.2017, 08:53 PM
Team Captain

So i stayed up until about 4am when we were 26-0 down and it was getting worse, wake up to find it was 40-0. probably a fair score to be honest based on what I saw.

Unlike virtually any part of the match, what I did find interesting was to ponder how much was the offense playing really poorly or the calls being really poor and giving them no chance. Gase admitted he had simplified the play calling because of mistakes being made but it led to a highly predictable and easy to setup against offense the whole evening. Gase keeps getting touted as a tactical genius but this game really did remind me of the philbin days where we would be so conservative you'd think anything over 5yds was a hail mary. you can have the best team in the world but if the defense gets a read on every play before a ball is thrown how far will you go? the amount of times ajayi got swarmed behind the LOS was an indicator of that IMHO (not saying the OL blocking wasn't an issue but lets just say Suggs and CJ Moseley seemed to have the forward mind control of a Jedi warrior the entire game).

So basically it was the saints game all over, except worse. And I see tonight Gase has come out and flamed his own offense when he's the one that calls all the plays. Signs are all is not well in the team with cracks starting to show (bit like flacco's helmet).
Old 31.10.2017, 01:43 PM
Team Captain

Ajayi traded for 4R pick

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...181836861.html
Old 31.10.2017, 02:03 PM
Team Captain

Shocker.

There were reports that Gase was really angry at Ajayi for not knowing the offensive system and kept blowing protection calls, but this is massively surprising.

Rumours are that Landry is actively being shopped too 'for the right price'.
Old 31.10.2017, 02:17 PM
All Pro

wow
I am utterly shocked - and for a 4th-rounder??
I can't comment on him not getting things right re system/protection but it seems pretty obvious our Offensive line woes are a huge part of any drop or inconsistency in his numbers - when our oline got it right, he put up some huge numbers.
One of our few draft picks that look like a steal in the last many years and we now have a 4th rounder to try do something with? no, I don't get this move.