2018 NFL London Games ticket news - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 18.01.2018, 08:08 PM
Pro

Everyone who wants a ticket at spurs will get one even if you have to use gumtree on the day of the game. ....don't worry too much about it.....
Sponsored Links
Old 18.01.2018, 08:12 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1991 View Post
He replies to me often and he does it himself .
TBF, I got a reply that purports to be from him 2 hrs later.
Old 18.01.2018, 08:12 PM
Rookie

The reason why they haven't waited until the WHL seating is finalised to get some cash in sooner rather than later. Season ticket money months in advance is a huge cost of money bonus . NFL need to clarify what a ST means - is it ID's or tickets per game . I have just one ticket per game on my ST - I should only be allowed to apply for 1 WHL ( I will anyway ) . ST holders with 4 tickets per game currently can apply for up to four . ST holders with 5 or more tickets per game appear to be stuffed - one or more of their party will have to try their luck on the open market. If WHL is going to be such a squeeze ( if so - why hold games there ) - then why not say all STH with up to 4 tickets per game are guaranteed WHL seats ( or 3 or 2 if the numbers still don't add up ) and those wanting more than the limit go first come first served in the ST window .
Old 18.01.2018, 08:21 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobsgrg View Post
When I used to live in Plymouth the issue was the last train back home was before you could get back to the station after the game finished with 6pm kick-off. So the issue is getting back home again. An earlier kick-off allows you to get there and back in a day.
You said people who travel far would need two nights accommodation. That’s the bit I’m querying here, leave early enough Sunday, and you’d just need to stay over Sunday evening.
Old 18.01.2018, 08:26 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemers View Post
You said people who travel far would need two nights accommodation. That’s the bit I’m querying here, leave early enough Sunday, and you’d just need to stay over Sunday evening.
I said if the kick-off was at 2:30pm they would need two nights whereas you asked about 6pm.

If you are travelling from up north then you can't check-in to hotel, drop your stuff off and then go to the game whereas with a 6pm kick-off you can.
Old 18.01.2018, 08:27 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1991 View Post
But say all 20000 season ticket account holders log in during April on the same day and the 1st 10000 of them all buy 4 tickets , that’ would most likely mean that the remaining 10000 account holders waitin in the queue would end up with not one seat . So half season ticket account holders would not even get one seat even if they only had one to start with during last years games !!
You are presuming there are 20000 accounts here. I don’t think there are, I think it’s much less than this. That figure has never been revealed, we only know there are roughly 40000 season tickets purchased.

Besides, moot point, or relevant one, depending how you look at it, there won’t be 40000 tickets available in the priority window. That’s why there’s a cap on four per account for starters. The number in the priority window could be as little as 10000, we have no idea at this point.
Old 18.01.2018, 08:35 PM
Pro Bowler

We can all expect some clarity soon from Kirkwood and Qualcomm

Should be one for one on the seats eg. 3 seats at Wembley is 3 at WHL. NOBODY should be able to buy more at WHL than they have at Wembley, until general sale, if they last that long.
The cut in % discount is just another 2 fingers to everyone.

Do they want fans of the sport at the games or just bucket list-ers who are just there cos its a "thing to do" and have nothing better to do then take no notice of the game whilst talking/eating/drinking/getting up and down and leaving by half time?
Old 18.01.2018, 08:48 PM
All Pro

Clarity... they have a successful ten-year series that sells out an 84,000 stadium. They secure one of the most attractive fixtures in that ten years - the Seattle Seahawks for their first appearance v Jon Gruden’s Raiders. The 12th man fans v the Black Hole fans.

They then intend to take this game from an 84,000 stadium to a 60,000 stadium - which is currently half-finished, has no seating plan, and on their own admission at the Facebook Live launch, is only hosting one game because there could be teething issues. They want to learn from this game, they anticipate there will be lessons to be learned.

Then, they come out with a half-arsed ticketing launch, hack-off their most loyal fanbase, then announce an online Q&A will take place at 1pm in 5 days time - when most folk will be at work.

All this, played out to a background where the most loyal fans and their 40,000 ticket uptake is held up by NFL UK to trumpet the interest over here from fans. These fans also see their discount slashed from 20% to 10%.

Carlsberg don’t do monumental fcuk-ups, but if they did....
Old 18.01.2018, 08:49 PM
Pro Bowler

They know how many seats were sold as ST packages eg. i have 1 ID with 4 seats, therefore they know thats 4 STs (not 1). If they dont know that info then we're all up a creek.

Say the STs take up 40,000 seats, that is most of WHL and after team allocation and Corporate would be about capacity.
They should state the figures of; current no. of seats taken by STs and the amount likely set aside in WHL. If around the 30k mark for current holders and around that figure for availability, most people would feel comfortable of getting a ticket without the hysteria

They should not be allowing new STs for this year to add to the number. Call them "Wembley package" for discount on the 2 games there.

Lack of pricing for the 2 Wembley games is a joke, only been using the venue for 10 years.

Years of chirping "we've sold x000's of STs" (mainly to ticket website's secondary affiliates) has finally come back to bite.
Old 18.01.2018, 09:02 PM
Rookie

Default My reply from Alistair

It wont be a system where if you bought 2, you can buy up to 4 - its matching. So if you buy 2, you will be able to buy up to 2 (subject to availability). We will clarify that over the coming days

Wont get into all of the detail behind ticketing but it's not as straightforward as 20,000 unsold - there are sponsors, rights to buy for participating team season ticket holders (eg Cleveland sold 1500 tickets that way last season), team allocation and a couple of other groups. If we sell more Wembley season tickets this time round than 40k, we may not have ability to guarantee seats for everyone. Until the stadium is built, we can't confirm broadcast seat kills (when you have cameras behind end zone and they need clear view etc)

All above is only meant to show that there are loads of moving parts to consider - rest assured, we will get it (mostly!) right over coming months

Cheers

Alistair

Hi Alistair

Again thank you for your prompt reply . I have read the press release and I still struggle to understand why 40000 or so season ticket holders cannot get 40000 or so seats in a 60000 capacity stadium , it still leaves 20,000 seats unsold .

I honestly Mean that if I renew my Wembley tickets and then I am unable to get spurs tickets I will put my season tickets up for sale and will not buy any further season tickets in future . I have been to every game here and would not feel valued if I lost my tickets at a game because somebody else has taken my allocation due to it being a first come first serve system where everyone can buy up-to 4 tickets even if they had only 2 last year .

I really hope this is not the case.

Kind regards

Ali

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Dan1991; 18.01.2018 at 09:18 PM.