Shambles! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 14.10.2018, 11:21 PM
Starter

Send a message via ICQ to DavidLF
Default Shambles!

Just about sums up the entry arrangements tonight, I was in Club Wembley (Purple Zone) and the worst I've experienced for any of the NFL games i've attended, which is all 22 of them. Then Club Wembley arrangememts for bars etc, were just as shambolic. It really was an embarassment!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 15.10.2018, 09:46 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLF View Post
Just about sums up the entry arrangements tonight, I was in Club Wembley (Purple Zone) and the worst I've experienced for any of the NFL games i've attended, which is all 22 of them. Then Club Wembley arrangememts for bars etc, were just as shambolic. It really was an embarassment!!!!!!!!!!!!
David - in what way?

In the lower tier I have to say (and I don't like moaning too much about the NFL days as I feel we are really lucky to get them) but the queues to get in were horrendous due to the new airport style checks, the queues for the food/drink looked as bad as I have ever seen them, the merch sellers were struggling with the sheer volume of customers, no programme sellers away from merch stalls inside the ground and the price of a pint up £1 on last year! All in all the experience for me was a real step backwards this time around. Hopefully it will improve as we go on this season.
Old 15.10.2018, 09:58 AM
All Pro

I found it better than usual tbh. I was in green and the fact security was separate from the turnstiles helped speed things up, and they actually enforced their publicised rules for a change
Old 15.10.2018, 10:19 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I found it better than usual tbh. I was in green and the fact security was separate from the turnstiles helped speed things up, and they actually enforced their publicised rules for a change
Yellow was slow, maybe I just arrived at the wrong time - 4.50 from memory. It didn't help that the girl running our queue said the only thing that couldn't go through the scanner was phones and when we got to the front they wanted everything metal including belts!
Old 15.10.2018, 10:22 AM
Starter

Send a message via ICQ to DavidLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
David - in what way?

In the lower tier I have to say (and I don't like moaning too much about the NFL days as I feel we are really lucky to get them) but the queues to get in were horrendous due to the new airport style checks, the queues for the food/drink looked as bad as I have ever seen them, the merch sellers were struggling with the sheer volume of customers, no programme sellers away from merch stalls inside the ground and the price of a pint up £1 on last year! All in all the experience for me was a real step backwards this time around. Hopefully it will improve as we go on this season.
All the reasons you've quoted Paul plus the main bar you can now only get in if you have a dinner reservation or approved accreditation (whatever that is). Speaking to people on the door they didn't really know what was going on and were giving out contradictory information. Getting into the stadium was terrible and I have no idea why the queues were like they were having been to the other 21 games and never experienced it. (even at Twickenham). I have been told that they have changed security firm and they possibly messed up tho.
Hopefully next week is better - but my point about embarrassing is that if anyone visited for the first time or from the USA they would see the UK organisation in a really poor light.
PLUS - I am not a moaner normally, honest!
Old 15.10.2018, 10:45 AM
Pro

Fortunately we got through the yellow zone security quickly but we got in about 5.30 as most were inside already but can see it would be bad during the peak rush. With the building work funnelling and closure of the righthand ramp is going to cause issues.
Was bad when leaving after the game. Took 40 minutes just to get to Fulton Way.

Learnt lesson and will rather walk long way round to the tube than endure Olympic Way.

The absolute bright spot for us was after getting home and watching Russell Wilson's post game interview and within 2 minutes of it being over, knowing his cap was in my son's hand and now is taking pride of place in the front room. Tops getting hold of AP's gloves from last year or Josh Norman's from the year before that.
Old 15.10.2018, 10:51 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISLEONG View Post
Fortunately we got through the yellow zone security quickly but we got in about 5.30 as most were inside already but can see it would be bad during the peak rush. With the building work funnelling and closure of the righthand ramp is going to cause issues.

Learnt lesson and will rather walk long way round to the tube than endure Olympic Way.

The absolute bright spot for us was after getting home and watching Russell Wilson's post game interview and within 2 minutes of it being over, knowing his cap was in my son's hand and now is taking pride of place in the front room. Tops getting hold of AP's gloves from last year or Josh Norman's from the year before that.
Some nice kit you have bagged their!!!

We left on the 2 min warning and almost got up Olympic way before being stopped right by the station. Friendly security staff said we were literally the first people they had stopped. We waited for all of five mins and were on our way. I was back at my hotel near Bank at around 10.00pm
Old 15.10.2018, 12:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISLEONG View Post

Irrelevant brag
Old 16.10.2018, 08:48 AM
MVP

Before I start I will say I have been to all 22 IS games and most will know from year on year I have be a big defender and fan of the IS games - so I can comment with some experience - and it was definitely a backward step. In America, going to the football is an experience, I know there are certain long term members that think the IS should be a game and that's all - but that is the opposite of what it is in America, and whilst we unfortunately cannot replicate the NFL experience here easily - I believe we should keep in an experience that is more than just 60 minutes of football.

The issues Sunday though reach far further than stripping back the experience, everything was worse.

Fanatics - not intent with running the online shop badly have taken over the stall on match days and this year was by far and away the worse for anyone wanting merchandise, and whilst I will agree most things you can buy online, a lot of stuff is unique to the day and the queues were far far worse than usual - none of the tents that are usually round the stadium were open, the ones inside were then swamped, people were queuing missing the game. They just got it wrong - then by half time people were still wanting items but the event items were sold out. - its turning down money and the NFL don't like that.

The programmes was a similar story - I don't usually buy mine before the game and in attempt to keep it nice buy towards the end, its never been an issue before - this year that option was gone. I wasn't too upset as in recent years I have not bought one for every game but its another small change that I don't really get - again seems like turning down money.

Tailgate security was laughable. Pepsi give you a can on the walk up, you start to drink it, get near tailgate - "cant bring that in here" - walk through security - pepsi guy gives you another can.. go to leave tailgate with another one open and drinking it - "cant leave here with that" - walk through back out and guy gives you another one... hahaha that's just stupid.

The American couple in front had a baby - security didn't want to let the baby milk and baby food in... that's just insulting to us as a nation.

I had to give up a pack of chewing gum - as it was "food". ha. ok.

From the minute you got to Wembley you could just see it was a massive backwards step for how it felt, the energy, set and everything was different.

The energy and atmosphere was due to the changes.

The seahawks fans papered over the cracks somewhat as they were fantastic but all in all in was a badly organised shambles compared to previous years and they should be getting better not worse.

I know resident "niche sports" guy BuffaloG will be on hand like in every thread to tell us why our opinion and the evidence we prove is wrong but that's just white noise now.
Old 16.10.2018, 08:56 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I was in the green zone, too. When I arrived at the line (around 4:10 I think) I saw it was already snaking around and feared I'd be queuing up for ages but it moved along briskly. I was queuing up for merchandise for much, much longer lol