2018 Season - Page 58 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 02.01.2019, 08:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
The Lions have parted company with OC Jim Bob Cooter. Would imagine he will get a few HC interviews...
Not coming off a great season though.

Tbh, other than the apparent lack of clear cut HC candidates, I'm not sure why an OC who just lost his job would get a promotion. I know he was a 'hot' name a season or two ago, but that's surely cooled off a little now.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.01.2019, 01:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Sounds as though he was injured earlier (Thursday) with a knee and missed walk through Saturday but there was also a bust up with Roethlisberger and his teammates expected him to play Sunday but he did not, and then he left the stadium at half time.

This isn't the first time Brown has caused locker room problems or problems for the team (Facebook Live, arguments, repeatedly getting 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct TD celebration penalties and continuing to do it even though he knew it would get a flag...). However, with greater ability comes greater tolerance and he's still a long way short of crossing that tipping point where nuisance > contribution. Santonio Holmes crossed that line at some point and got shipped to the Jets for a 4th rounder, and was never the same guy again. But Brown isn't currently close to that.

We don't know what happened but based on the last time around I wouldn't blame Brown completely and think you have to blame Roethlisberger a bit as well. He often goes a bit far on his radio show with calling out teammates (or rookie QB Mason Rudolph pre even showing up to training camp) and I'm not sure he is always the glue that holds the locker room together.

I don't think Brown is a bad guy but he had a pretty tough upbringing by the sounds and probably doesn't always have the life smarts that others would when it comes to handling situations. Not that there aren't others with similar tough stories who don't do that. But it gives some context. Anyway, I don't expect this to develop into much of a story. He had a wobbly start but has been very good again this year for the most part.
Very good post this Bob - and I think you are right to point of Ben needs a little more blame than he is currently getting. He often sounds off and gets away with it, I imagine after a while that grinds on teammates who if they did similar would get suspended/fined. In particular he called out Washington this season and I imagine that might have riled Brown up too
Old 02.01.2019, 01:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

Tbh, other than the apparent lack of clear cut HC candidates, I'm not sure why an OC who just lost his job would get a promotion. I know he was a 'hot' name a season or two ago, but that's surely cooled off a little now.
Think Patricia’s approach was at odds with what JBC wanted, which played a fairly big part in the drop off imo. Was very highly regarded before that.
Old 02.01.2019, 06:47 PM
MVP

Tomlin spoke to the media today and is sticking with Brown having a lower body injury that was causing him pain on the Wednesday and that resulted in him been told to rest Thursday but on Friday was asked to have an MRI but he skipped that and then went radio silent and waited till Sunday before having his agent finally contact Tomlin saying he "hoped to still play that day" but by then Tomlin said no but wanted Brown to attend the game which he did but by all accounts left at half time.

Brown has since posted on social media so doing his bit to keep this going.
Old 02.01.2019, 06:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

will struggle to get any HC interviews but will be high on list of teams who might lose there's OC's.
Old 02.01.2019, 06:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
Think Patricia’s approach was at odds with what JBC wanted, which played a fairly big part in the drop off imo. Was very highly regarded before that.
wonder who of the Belichick tree Patricia try's to get.the Lions are stuck with Stafford and his $30m cap number for atleast the next 2 seasons.
Old 02.01.2019, 07:10 PM
Team Captain

Getting rid of Caldwell to replace him with Patricia was such a poor decision for Detroit and it was pretty obvious at the time as well.
Old 05.01.2019, 06:04 PM
Hall of Fame

I wish 2nd Team All Pro selections didn't exist. They just muddy the All Pro waters so to speak.
Old 12.01.2019, 05:54 PM
MVP

so the NFL and maybe more importantly the NFLPA have said that they looked into the Eric Reid drug testing issue that became a story a few weeks back and think he has "overstated" the number of tests he has received.
Old 12.01.2019, 06:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
so the NFL and maybe more importantly the NFLPA have said that they looked into the Eric Reid drug testing issue that became a story a few weeks back and think he has "overstated" the number of tests he has received.
Nothing more stupid than overstating facts that can be easily verified.

Be interesting to see if he just let's things be now or if he's got anything more to say.