The 2019 Draft and Mock Draft thread - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 23.01.2019, 09:17 PM
Team Captain

Senior Bowl this week.

Watched a bit of the practice on Gamepass last night, best moment was during 1 on 1 drills when the commentators mentioning that Montez Sweat needed to prove he had "heavy hands" followed within 5 seconds by him pushing his rival Offensive Tackle flat on his back.

Rock Ya-Sin seems to be the one who has done himself most good already, people talking about him as a potential first rounder. Did look good in the drills.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.01.2019, 11:12 PM
All Pro

Martz 2019 NFL Mock Draft 1.0

1. Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa, Edge, Ohio State
Nick Bosa is widely considered to be the best player in the draft, Bosa should be able to step straight into the Cardinal’s defense opposite Chandler Jones and make a big impact. Arizona should just pick the best player available.

2. San Francisco 49ers - Josh Allen, Edge, Kentucky
A trade down makes a lot of sense for San Francisco and if they pick here I was thinking San Francisco can’t pick another front seven defensive player, but why not? It is still a position of need despite their previous picks and Josh Allen is probably the second best player in the draft.

3. New York Jets - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
Another team that could use a good trade down to fill their various needs such as the Offensive Line, but with Quinnen Williams still on the board looking to go in the top three, the Jets will pick him up here to form an impressive defensive line with Leonard Williams.

4. Oakland Raiders - Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson
Trading down also makes sense for Oakland who are obviously in full rebuild mode. What they really need is a replacement for Khalil Mack. Admittedly, I need to do a lot more research on the defensive line players but at the moment Clelin Ferrell seems to have the least question marks and will help give the Raiders some sort of pass rush.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
There is a new era in Tampa Bay with Bruce Arians and this is still the first team on the list that gets me wondering if they’ll draft a Quarterback. Jameis Winston clearly isn’t a favourite in Tampa Bay and I don’t know if a new head coach helps him regain his position with Tampa Bay considering a Quarterback next year if Winston doesn’t make the cut or will they bring one in for this year to start behind Winston. For now I’ll go with the former and instead strengthen their weak offensive line with Jonah Williams, who is considered the best Offensive Tackle in the draft right now.

6. New York Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
I thought that the Giants would draft a Quarterback last year in the first round and they didn’t, surely this is the year they find their long-term successor to Eli Manning? Dwayne Haskins seems like the perfect pick, he has a huge upside with a lot to learn. Manning would probably still start the year while Haskins developes. This pick will probably require a trade up into the top three.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jachai Polite, DE, Florida
There are a lot of late first round talent that I think would fit Jacksonville, but I’m not reaching, what I will do though is factor in one Free Agency move into this mock draft here and that is Nick Foles to Jacksonville. Foles will end up somewhere new this year and Jacksonville are the leading candidates, consider that the Quarterback position fixed for now. This pick will likely be decided by a big name being cut and for the purpose of this I’m going to assume it’ll be Malik Jackson. With Jackson gone and Calais Campbell getting more snaps inside, Jachai Polite could rotate into the defense and hopefully bring the sacks back into ‘sacksonville’.

8. Detroit Lions - Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
Detroit need a playmaker to play Defensive End more than any other position so surely they take the best player available to fill that need. Rashan Gary is at the top of my list.

9. Buffalo Bills - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Buffalo needs to upgrade their Offensive Line and Wide Receiver the most to stop Josh Allen running for his life with no targets to throw to, but with Ed Oliver still available I think they’d pick him here to replace the retiring Kyle Williams and focus on the Offense with their next picks.

10. Denver Broncos - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
Denver would love to have a Quarterback like Drew Lock and use Case Keenum as a bridge to Lock in his final year. Without needing to give up any extra picks, Denver will pick up Lock here.

11. Cincinnati Bengals - Devin White, ILB, LSU
I’ve not been able to find a good spot for Devin White, so he’s become the best player available, he’d fit in perfectly at Cincinnati as an inside linebacker and ultimately taking over from Vontaze Burfict.

12. Green Bay Packers - Montez Sweat, Edge, Miss. State
Considered one of the best players available, but a pass rusher is a glaring need for Green Bay and Montez Sweat is next on the list. With or without Clay Matthews, Sweat will be starting for Green Bay and their main weapon on defense.

13. Miami Dolphins - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Miami appear to be in the hunt for a Quarterback and for the purpose of this mock draft, they don’t find one in free agency and look to the draft. If Jones becomes available with the 13th pick they’ll take him there.

14. Atlanta Falcons - Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Miss. State
Simmons is one of the best players available and the Falcons will be able to rotate him into their defense, or rely on him if Jarrett left in Free Agency.

15. Washington Redskins - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Murray is a project, but when you’ve got Alex Smith on the sidelines it makes perfect sense to pick up Murray with the 15th pick. Murray probably starts the season while his mentor Smith is recovering, which keeps his interest in the NFL and gives him a great chance to develop into an elite Quarterback he has the capability to be.

16. Carolina Panthers - Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
Carolina need to protect their Quarterback better to prevent Cam Newton from having so many niggling injuries. Cody Ford can step in to play at either Tackle or Guard instantly and improve that issue.

17. Cleveland Browns - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
I’m a little unsure about who the best Cornerback in the draft is and this may be why I’ve not selected any so far in this draft. Williams is considered to be the best Cornerback and Cleveland could make use of him opposite Denzel Ward in their defense.

18. Minnesota Vikings - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
Minnesota’s main issue last year was their offensive line and this should be the first area to address if they’re to be considered one of the Superbowl favourites again.

19. Tennessee Titans - A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
Tennessee have a poor selection of receivers and A.J. Brown should compliment Corey Davis nicely.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
Cornerback Artie Burns was benched during the season and Pittsburgh are still looking for a starting Cornerback, Baker may well be the best Cornerback in the draft and would be a good pick at 20 for Pittsburgh.

21. Seattle Seahawks - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Seattle only have four picks in this year’s draft, yet have so many holes on their team to fill so they could look to trade this pick for two others. If they select here, Christian Wilkins should be able to slot in nicely next to Jarran Reed.

22. Baltimore Ravens - N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
Baltimore don’t have many positions of need on their team and it is time to see what Lamar Jackson can do. N’Keal Harry is quickly becoming my favourite Wide Receiver in this draft and seems to be able to reel in some of the most difficult deep throws.

23. Houston Texans - Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
Houston’s biggest need is at Offensive Tackle and their fortunate that Greg Little has fallen this far in the draft.

24. Oakland Raiders - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
Oakland have so many positions of need that they can just go with the best player available, Murphy could possibly be the best Cornerback in this draft and would likely become the starting Cornerback for the Raiders.

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
Philadelphia require a starting Cornerback and an heir to Jason Peters at Left Tackle if they’re to become Superbowl contenders again. With no round one worthy Cornerbacks available, Philadelphia reaches slightly for an Offensive Tackle to play on the left.

26. Indianapolis Colts - D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
Indianapolis should be a team to watch in Free Agency I think they’ll pick up a few big names which will determine how they pick in round one. Indianapolis’ strength has suddenly become their Offensive Line, allowing Andrew Luck to improve the passing game. Too much is being asked from T.Y. Hilton at the moment and another Wide Receiver will significantly help them.

27. Oakland Raiders - Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State
Oakland gained this pick by trading Amari Cooper to Dallas, so why not bring in a Wide Receiver to replace him.

28. Los Angeles Chargers - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
The Chargers don’t need a lot to become a Superbowl contender, another piece to the defensive line should give the Chargers one of the best front 7s in the league.

29. Kansas City Chiefs - Zach Allen, DE Boston College
The Chief’s Offense is fine, it is the Defense that needs a few pieces if they want to beat the best teams. Zach Allen is an all-purpose Defensive End who should be able to start for the Chiefs.

30. Green Bay Packers - Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
With a pass rusher already addressed, Green Bay can select the best player available, who’ll also be a starting safety for the Packers.

31. New England Patriots - Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
I’ve settled on there being five Quarterbacks that will be sought after in this draft as potential starters, but I’ve ordered them in where I think they’ll be drafted. Will Grier is possibly my favourite Quarterback in the draft and surely this year the Patriots start a new Quarterback project.

32. Los Angeles Rams - Brian Burns, DE/OLB, Florida
The Rams have a stacked roster and don’t have many areas to improve, Outside Linebacker is one of those areas and perhaps Brian Burns can slot in there. If Burns becomes more of a Defensive End, Burns could take on a role similar to what Dante Fowler Jr. had this season.

33. Arizona Cardinals - Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
Arizona now focus on their biggest position of need and select Dalton Risner to try and help Josh Rosen.

34. Indianapolis Colts - Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
With no Defensive Ends available, the next best Cornerback will fit nicely.

35. Oakland Raiders - Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
Took a while for the first Running Back to come off the board and he’s also one of the best players available at pick 35.

36. San Francisco 49ers - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
San Francisco will find a replacement for Foster in Wilson.

37. New York Giants - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
With a Quarterback already drafted, the Giants can find their replacement for Eli Apple at Cornerback.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
Jacksonville will be very lucky if Noah Fant drops this far in the draft, but teams ahead have bigger needs than Tight End, which means this late round 1 prospect has fallen to 38 and would be a huge help to the Jacksonville Offense.

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
Tampa need to improve their defensive backs and Adderley is next on the board.

40. Buffalo Bills - David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
Buffalo couldn’t pass on the defensive line talent in the first round, but they must give Josh Allen some protection in the second round and draft David Edwards for their Offensive Line.

41. Denver Broncos - Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
Denver needs to add some players to their defensive line and since they’d likely be starting, that needs to start in the second round.

42. Cincinnati Bengals - Beau Benzschawel, G, Wisconsin
With Inside Linebacker already addressed, Cincinnati can add another piece to their Offensive Line.

43. Detroit Lions - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Detroit will be happy to find a replacement for Golden Tate in ‘Hollywood’ Brown.

44. Green Bay Packers - Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
Green Bay’s first two picks went to the defense and now it is time to find some protection for Aaron Rodgers.

45. Atlanta Falcons - Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
With Coleman likely leaving Atlanta and Freeman missing game time, the Falcons find a new Running Back to rotate in.

46. Washington Redskins - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
Teams could reach for Arcega-Whiteside, but in this draft he falls to second round and becomes a playmaker for new Quarterback Murray.

47. Carolina Panthers - Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
Moving onto the other side of the trenches with a pass rusher for Carolina.

48. Miami Dolphins - Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
Miami needs an addition to the interior of their Defensive Line.

49. Cleveland Browns - Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
Cleveland pick the best Offensive player available.

50. Minnesota Vikings - David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
Dalvin Cook’s frequently finding himself injured, so Minnesota find another Running Back here.

51. Tennessee Titans - Jerry Tillery, DE, Notre Dame
Tillery should fit into Tennessee’s Defensive Line.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
Bush falls nicely for Pittsburgh’s Inside Linebacker need.

53. Philadelphia Eagles - Kris Boyd, CB, Texas
Philadelphia fill their other biggest need in a Cornerback.

54. Houston Texans - Irv Smith Jr, TE, Alabama
Jordan Thomas has played very well towards the end of the 2018 season, but Houston can opt for a player with higher potential here.

55. Houston Texans - Johnathan Abram, S, Miss. State
Predicting that Houston will lose Tyrann Mathieu, a replacement Safety is found here.

56. New England Patriots - Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
New England pick up the next best Defensive End to help Trey Flowers

57. Philadelphia Eagles - Bennie Snell Jr., RB, Kentucky
With Ajayi likely to leave Philadelphia, they add another Running Back to their rotation.

58. Dallas Cowboys - Taylor Rapp, S, Washington State
That was a long wait for Dallas’ first pick! I think Lawrence will be retained to strengthen the Defensive Line, which switches the focus to Dallas’ Defensive Backs.

59. Indianapolis Colts - Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan
So far Indianapolis have picked up a Wide Receiver and a Cornerback. Defensive Ends haven’t fallen very nicely for Indianapolis, so here they reach for one.

60. Los Angeles Chargers - Te’Von Coney, OLB, Notre Dame
Again, the Chargers don’t have many real needs but Coney is one of the best players available and could also start.

61. New England Patriots - T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Hockenson will become a new project for New England as Gronkowski has less snaps.

62. New Orleans Saints - Tre Lamar, OLB, Clemson
With only one pick in the first four rounds, New Orleans can’t get this wrong, the player they draft needs to be able to step straight into this team and win the Superbowl, no pressure.

63. Kansas City Chiefs - Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Kansas City’s next pick will probably go on the Defense as well, so they select the best player available.

64. Kansas City Chiefs - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
Another player for the Kansas City Chiefs defensive backs, it’s certainly an area of weakness.
Old 26.01.2019, 10:02 PM
Team Captain

This is a great effort! Really interesting.

If 5 QB's go in the first round teams are buying the contract more than the player but it could happen like that I suppose.

I like your take on Ferrell, he seems to be being taken for granted. Seems to me there's a lot of 3-4 Edge guys in the first round but not so many who could definitely be a 4-3 DE and he definitely has that ability.
Old 26.01.2019, 10:41 PM
All Pro

Daniel Jones should be nowhere near day one, barely day two of this draft. I don’t see it with him, he’s a day three project QB imo
Old 26.01.2019, 10:42 PM
All Pro

Anybody seen much or done much work in Hakeem Butler from Iowa State? I absolutely love him, think he is a stud WR in the making, interested to hear others thoughts
Old 27.01.2019, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

My far too early stab at the first round:

1. Arizona-Nick Bosa DE/OLB
2. San Francisco-Josh Allen DE/OLB
3. N.Y Jets-Quinnen Williams DT
4. Oakland-Clelin Ferrell DE/OLB
5. Tampa Bay-Greedy Williams CB
6. N.Y Giants-Dwayne Haskins QB
7. Jacksonville-Jonah Williams OT
8. Detroit-Rashan Gary DE/OLB
9. Buffalo-Ed Oliver DT
10. Denver-Drew Lock QB
11. Cincinnati-Devin White LB
12. Green Bay-Jachai Polite DE/OLB
13. Miami-Jeffery Simmons DT
14. Atlanta-Cody Ford OT
15. Washington-DeAndre Baker CB
16. Carolina-Deionte Thompson S
17. Cleveland-Christian Wilkins DT
18. Minnesota-Greg Little OT
19. Tennessee-Montez Sweat DE/OLB
20. Pittsburgh-Byron Murphy CB
21. Seattle-Brian Burns DE/OLB
22. Baltimore-D.K Metcalf WR
23. Houston-Jawaan Taylor OT
24. Oakland-N’Keal Harry WR
25. Philadelphia-Marquise Brown WR
26. Indianapolis-Dexter Lawrence DT
28. Oakland-Kyler Murray QB
28. L.A Chargers-Mack Wilson LB
29. Kansas City-Trayvon Mullen CB
30. Green Bay-Nasir Adderley S
31. L.A Rams-Devin Bush LB
32. New England-T.J Hockenson TE
Old 27.01.2019, 05:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Daniel Jones should be nowhere near day one, barely day two of this draft. I don’t see it with him, he’s a day three project QB imo
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

No QB prospect in years has screamed career backup QB to me more than Jones.
Old 27.01.2019, 10:40 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Anybody seen much or done much work in Hakeem Butler from Iowa State? I absolutely love him, think he is a stud WR in the making, interested to hear others thoughts
My summary of the WR class is it's DK Metcalf, and the rest. He is by far the best WR in the class for me.

With respect Butler, he plays to his size, with I don't some like Whiteside and Harmon do. I'm wary with his style of receiver you could end up with Mike Evans, but you could end up with Kelvin Benjamin. I can see why people would like him, but there are risks with him
Old 27.01.2019, 11:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Miami take a QB at #13 I'm done. There's nothing of value there. I'm not interested in a reach for next Jake Locker or Christian Ponder

Its dull, its safe, but pass rush or run stuffer critical for Miami. And a Defensive minded Coach like Flores will likely get the defensive help this roster needs
Old 27.01.2019, 11:56 AM
Starter

I hope the Patriots avoid this years weak QB class. Brady’s heir apparent should wait another year.

It’d be very unlike us but I’d love to see us go out and get a Ferrari WR high in this draft.