** The 2014 Free Agency Signings Thread ** - Page 102 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 15.03.2014, 04:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
It's pretty close all round in the north.

Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler
Forte, Lacy, Bush
Johnson/Tate, Marshall/Jeffry, Nelson/Cobb
Lions front, Bears front, Packers front..........

barring injury, they could all conceivably win the division, and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.
I dont think we'll get close to either of them, not this year.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.03.2014, 04:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
It's pretty close all round in the north.

Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler
Forte, Lacy, Bush
Johnson/Tate, Marshall/Jeffry, Nelson/Cobb
Lions front, Bears front, Packers front..........

barring injury, they could all conceivably win the division, and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.
Receivers wise all 3 are great but in my view Rodgers is comfortably better than Stafford and Cutler which is the difference maker offensively.

But then defensively the Bears and Packers are behind the lions.
Old 15.03.2014, 05:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
Receivers wise all 3 are great but in my view Rodgers is comfortably better than Stafford and Cutler which is the difference maker offensively.

But then defensively the Bears and Packers are behind the lions.
They may have Suh/Fairley/Ansah, but the Lions are middle of the road on defence imo. Fair enough, the Bears and Packers are worse, but it wouldn't take much for the Packers and Bears to be a middle of the road D too............
Old 15.03.2014, 05:03 PM
Starter

Surely it should be -

Rodgers-----------------------------------------Stafford-----Cutler
Old 15.03.2014, 05:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
They may have Suh/Fairley/Ansah, but the Lions are middle of the road on defence imo. Fair enough, the Bears and Packers are worse, but it wouldn't take much for the Packers and Bears to be a middle of the road D too............
Oh I agree, the Lions only have a middle D and it's by no means out of reach for the Bears and Packers.

And that's exactly why the Packers are presently faves to win the division for me.
Old 15.03.2014, 05:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENDALL3T View Post
Surely it should be -

My point exactly.
Old 15.03.2014, 05:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Doesn't change the fact they gave up yards and points for fun last year, as yet they haven't addressed it either, and yeah I know its only March.Rodgers being on the field is neither here nor there for that...hell they only beat us with Rodgers playing thanks to yet another abysmal blown coverage on nearly the final snap of the game.
Of course we're contenders, and Peppers knows that. Losing Rodgers isn't "neither here nor there" in affecting the D because they're on the field far more, and with an offense that isn't scoring as much points.

As much as the 9ers and Hawks are the top two NFC teams, our defence was so beaten down by that point (no fully fit OLBs on the roster by that point) and we lost a tight game by one score.

With that defence getting a fully fit Rodgers, Matthews, Perry, Hayward, Raji back at nose, a year of extra development for Jones, and Hyde switched to FS, and a probable defensive-focused draft, I'm looking forward to the D being much improved and the offense better than ever given Lacy's ability.

A lot can happen, but after winning the north for the 3rd time in a row, I find it hard to believe that we're categorically "not even the best team in the North" either.
Old 15.03.2014, 05:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
A lot can happen, but after winning the north for the 3rd time in a row, I find it hard to believe that we're categorically "not even the best team in the North" either.
He makes a fair point.......................
Old 15.03.2014, 05:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENDALL3T View Post
Surely it should be -

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
My point exactly.
Absolutely nothing between Stafford and Cutler.

Stafford has more brain farts than Jay these days.
Old 15.03.2014, 05:22 PM
All Pro

So, Julius Peppers. The contract itself is fine, doesn't make things difficult either given we'll have Cobb and Nelson earning $8m-$9m in a years time plus maybe Raji and Bulaga's contracts too. This is a one-and-done year I'm sure; at $10m guaranteed it's a tad pricey but that's FA for you.

Concerns are gonna be the switch to OLB though I'm sure for some players it's fine, and his decreased production. All that said though, outside of Matthews he had more sacks than anyone else we've got, so he could on paper be an improvement.

Biggest thing it highlights though is that maybe time is running out on Perry - though he's oft seen as a bust he just can't stay healthy missing most of 2012 and just under half of 2013 too. Having said that though in 2013 he still got 4.5 sacks last year. Either way I'm happy that we've tried to patch it and not have the same situation in the playoffs against the 9ers when we had a reserve ILB playing at pass rushing...

Tags
denver splash the cash , desean is a top 10 wr , eli has two rings , get some ham justin! , god hates the raiders. , i dont hate the raiders , i just dislike them , it's a trap! , legion of bill , mauve maneaters - ooh er! , no cap for saints , purple people eaters 2.0 , sb xlix gb 30 den 27 , these aren't the droids , you're looking for