Planning trip across the pond - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 22.04.2015, 01:01 PM
Pro

Default Planning trip across the pond

Since the announcement of the schedule I've had to alter the plans I made for my nfl trip, thinking about going London -> LA -> St Louis (Seahawks @ Rams) -> Las Vegas -> Kansas (Broncos at Chiefs) -> San Francisco (Ravens @ Raiders) -> London.

My question is has anyone been to St Louis or Kansas? Is there much to do during the non-sport filled days?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 22.04.2015, 01:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awatters94 View Post
Since the announcement of the schedule I've had to alter the plans I made for my nfl trip, thinking about going London -> LA -> St Louis (Seahawks @ Rams) -> Las Vegas -> Kansas (Broncos at Chiefs) -> San Francisco (Ravens @ Raiders) -> London.

My question is has anyone been to St Louis or Kansas? Is there much to do during the non-sport filled days?

Thanks in advance!
First thing first - it's Kansas City, not Kansas. And it's not even in the state of Kansas it's in Missouri.

All these mid-American towns are worth visiting for a couple of days. Just a day or two, don't stay for a week. Most have something interesting to see in their own way, and it's a completely different experience from California, Florida or New York/Boston/Washington which is all most people see.

When I go to Pittsburgh, I do the same - a couple of days is cool, then I head somewhere else for the rest of my stay.
Old 23.04.2015, 03:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I'm guessing your planning is not in order, as it would make more sense to go London > Vegas > LA > San Fran > St Louis > Kansas > London

from a holiday perspective you'd be better off going to Seattle than St Louis as there is more to do.
Old 23.04.2015, 03:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Been to St Louis, but I flew in, checked into my hotel, waited 5 minutes, went to the game, went back to the hotel, had breakfast, left St Louis. So am not much help. My advice would be to take your passport to the game if you want an alcoholic beverage, I only took my driving license and had to sit sober for the entire game .
Old 23.04.2015, 05:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
Been to St Louis, but I flew in, checked into my hotel, waited 5 minutes, went to the game, went back to the hotel, had breakfast, left St Louis. So am not much help. My advice would be to take your passport to the game if you want an alcoholic beverage, I only took my driving license and had to sit sober for the entire game .
Same with me for KC. Well, they didn't even take ID at Arrowhead funnily enough.

I'd imagine some BBQ and bars in the light district would keep people busy.

Its all about Arrowhead though!
Old 23.04.2015, 07:43 PM
Starter

There ain't a great lot to do in St Louis apart from going up the arch which is a great view and a visit to the Anheuser Busch brewery are the two must do, not much else and a couple of days is all you need there.
Old 23.04.2015, 07:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ARTHUR View Post
There ain't a great lot to do in St Louis apart from going up the arch which is a great view and a visit to the Anheuser Busch brewery are the two must do, not much else and a couple of days is all you need there.
Can go and watch MLB's best team if you're a baseball fan.
Old 27.04.2015, 07:35 PM
Pro

Sorry guys haven't been on the past few days, cheers for all the advice!

RE: kingie16, You're right my planning was not in order, decided to stick with a more conventional route with Boston, St Louis, Kansas City(MO), Washington DC and New York. Got tickets to see rams seahawks, chiefs broncos, redskins rams and giants redskins. I swear I'm not a secret redskins or rams fan
Old 28.04.2015, 03:15 PM
Pro

Awatters - Where did ou get your tickets from, StubHub or Ticketmaster, or elsewhere? Looking to book up an east coast trip in November and get some tickets sorted soon so interested to know best places to go for tickets and the like.
Old 28.04.2015, 05:08 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2020 View Post
Awatters - Where did ou get your tickets from, StubHub or Ticketmaster, or elsewhere? Looking to book up an east coast trip in November and get some tickets sorted soon so interested to know best places to go for tickets and the like.
Yes I got them from stubhub, quite good prices and they email the tickets a week before the game. Though sometimes it can actually be cheaper to get tickets from nfl ticket exchange run by ticketmaster