Draft 2016 - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 28.04.2016, 04:14 PM
Starter

Just got this feeling we end up with.....

Elliot
Sponsored Links
Old 28.04.2016, 04:44 PM
Team Captain

I'm sticking with Ramsey, think we could still get a decent RB in the later rounds, though I wouldn't be too disappointed if Elliott is picked instead.
Old 28.04.2016, 04:48 PM
Team Captain

Been wanting Ramsey since Jan but the last couple of weeks swaying to Elliot. Just think if you are picking this high you should get a star. Either though I will be happy. Hope they don't go Bosa just to fill in for Lawrence and Gregory,find that pick quite underwhelming. Can't see it but would like to see Cook in Rnd 2, but think he goes by the end of the 1st rated him at Michigan state last year. Liked fuller at Notre Dame, think he could add to the WR.
Old 28.04.2016, 06:22 PM
Starter

My wish is we trade down and get a first for next year.
Old 28.04.2016, 07:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majicman View Post
My wish is we trade down and get a first for next year.
Unless someone gets desperate you'd be trading back into the late teens to get that type of return (and stay in the 1st round this year too). Are you happy to do that? You are probably looking at a CB, WR or DT talent-wise at that point of the draft.

Everyone wants future picks but it might be hard to find a team willing to give up enough to make it worth your while. You have to look at a 2017 1st round pick as the middle of the round.

Look at this years draft, look at the players being mocked to go around pick 16-22, and ask yourself would you be happier with Ramsey or Elliott this year, or would you be happier with Jarran Reed now AND the equivalent to Josh Doctson in 2017?

An interesting debate but I'd be surprised if someone like the Jets for instance would be willing to give you 2 1st's to move up to no.4.
Old 28.04.2016, 08:37 PM
Starter

I don't think it's going to happen with a trade.
I'm hoping Lynch falls out of the first round and we pick him up on day 2.

Ramsey to the Chargers is back in play...

Looks like Elliot...
Old 28.04.2016, 08:41 PM
Starter

Richard, If Elliots on the board at 4 would you trade down to pick up a #1 next year if you stayed in top 15 this year? or just take Elliot.
Old 28.04.2016, 09:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Richard, If Elliots on the board at 4 would you trade down to pick up a #1 next year if you stayed in top 15 this year? or just take Elliot.
Hmmm. If I could get a top 15 2016 pick, a 2016 4th round pick, plus a 2017 1st round pick, I think I'd have to take it. The 4th rounder would allow you to fill another 'need' this year and that would be the deal maker or breaker.

I really like Elliott though. The thought of putting an end to the 'any back can run behind this line debate' for the next 5+ years is very appealing. He's such a well rounded back too. The idea of adding a stud RB, the glamour of the position, the help it would bring, it's so hard to put off for another year.

However, if you come away with Treadwell or Coleman, one of the CB's, or even a DT like Reed or Clark, plus knowing that you have 2 1st round picks next year for a QB, RB or both, then you are probably happy.

Ideally you want a Ramsey, Elliott, Hargreaves, Lawson, Bosa, Rankins or Treadwell. If they all go though, which they probably do, then Jackson III, Reed, Spence, Coleman, Bullard, Clark, Alexander etc are 'Plan B's. That's 14 guys, plus the 2 QB's who are going 1-2, that takes you to 16. So worse case scenario you are going to have a shot at 3 or 4 of those guys.

Realistically I think you lose Ramsey, Elliott and Bosa by trading out of the top 10. Personally I'd then be hoping to scoop up Hargreaves, he's a great nickel corner if nothing else.
Old 28.04.2016, 09:55 PM
Starter

It's amazing isn't it just a few hours to go and I'm not sure the Cowboys have made up their minds who they would pick at#4 if Ramsey and Elliot are both there
Old 28.04.2016, 10:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's amazing isn't it just a few hours to go and I'm not sure the Cowboys have made up their minds who they would pick at#4 if Ramsey and Elliot are both there
The dilemma is they really want to 'fix' their defence, BUT, the players available don't fit exactly what they need. On the other hand one of the best players in the draft is a RB, a position that everyone loves to say you don't need to draft in the 1st round let alone the top 5.

That's the back and forth of it - draft a player that will help your defence but isn't what you really want i.e. a speedy edge rusher to get you sacks., OR, forget about immediate 'need' and add another weapon to an offence that is probably good enough if your QB is healthy.

Once you (they) have made that decision the pick is an easy one. Simple.

Tags
draft 2016 , nfluk