Thoughts on today's game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 02.10.2016, 08:56 PM
Rookie

Default Thoughts on today's game

Not a great game for the first three quarters, but the final quarter was fun. Always nice to have a game that goes down to the wire, as we seem to get so many blow outs at Wembley.

There definitely seems to be an increase in the number of people wearing Jags tops - however the support for the Japs isn't very vocal and isn't coming close to creating a real home atmosphere for them yet in London. The only times the Jags really got behind their team was during the last Colts drive, but their fans need to be that noisy all game.

Colts turned up in decent numbers, again not especially vocal though.

The snack and bar staff at Wembley are still abysmal - no idea how they can be so slow. The food also remains awful. You expect it to be overpriced, but it could at least be edible,

Am quite glad the Mexican wave didn't really take off in today's game, it was attempted during a key part in the game, when the Colts were in the red zone. By all means do a Mexican wave during a blowout, but doing it then didn't really make British NFL fans look very knowledgeable.

Amazed how many people walked out of the stadium in the last few minutes of the game, despite it being on a knife edge. If its a blow out then fair enough, but why pay could money to watch an NFL game then miss the best bit (which the last few minutes usually are in NFL games).

Last edited by Brownstown; 02.10.2016 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.10.2016, 10:18 PM
MVP

I was lucky enough to get a ticket in Block 101, so right on the 50 yard line. A couple next to me arrived five minutes into the 1st quarter stayed for ten minutes (that's ten minutes of actual time, not game clock time) then left, I never saw them again. Thats 2x£115!

A few started leaving at the end of the 3rd Quarter and even more halfway through the 4th - and they were mainly wearing Colts and Jags stuff.
Old 02.10.2016, 10:35 PM
Starter

There were a load of Germans (I think) who were around me, who took to smoking and only stopped after being told twice by stewards. Hopefully they won't be there for the other game.
Old 03.10.2016, 12:04 AM
Rookie

Was an ok game. Worst games I've seen in recent years were Raiders vs dolphins and chiefs vs lions. This was not a classic by any means but decent.
I thought 4th Quarter was really entertaining. Shame neither team started that fluently. Was impressed "Jags" fans cheered loudly on 3rd down throughout. Flag waving was enthusistic.

I was block 501. No American fans within earshot. Was fairly quiet, but friendly. No idiots standing before the snap to go get beer as has happened in previous games.

Mexican wave when Colts were on 1st and goal was bit embarrassing.

Queue to get in was worst I've ever experienced. 20 mins to get to ticket gate then had to be searched again on passing through gate.

Also smoke from the robin thick concert took ages to clear.

Otherwise good day.
Old 03.10.2016, 01:01 AM
GOAT

i wish they would get rid of all the extra stuff and kill the over used PA.
(not directly about this game but still)

i know they wont because its how they set it up and maybe (theres always someone ) some like it but its just so annoying.

cheeleaders, the dull mascot stunt, fireworks, anthems, drums, random music, something to do with pepsi and big balls, announcing the thing we just saw, to me it all kills the atmosphere.
nothing gets a chance to build when the PA system is running things.

Last edited by goodkarma84; 03.10.2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03.10.2016, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

I've come to the conclusion I prefer watching the NFL on TV and might not renew my tickets for next season unless it's a matchup that really interests me.

Fair to say the gimmicks also bore me and I'd rather be at home to watch and listen to the analyst break down the previous play.

The problem with the lack of atmosphere is still a major problem and not sure if that will be ever solved when surrounded by people who are clearly more interested in eating and drinking, or counting the number of people wearing bobble hats and then going home during the 3rd quarter.
Old 03.10.2016, 08:31 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
I was lucky enough to get a ticket in Block 101, so right on the 50 yard line. A couple next to me arrived five minutes into the 1st quarter stayed for ten minutes (that's ten minutes of actual time, not game clock time) then left, I never saw them again. Thats 2x£115!

A few started leaving at the end of the 3rd Quarter and even more halfway through the 4th - and they were mainly wearing Colts and Jags stuff.
if thats the posh seats, then they probably went to the bar
Old 03.10.2016, 08:32 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain5884 View Post
Was an ok game. Worst games I've seen in recent years were Raiders vs dolphins and chiefs vs lions. This was not a classic by any means but decent.
I thought 4th Quarter was really entertaining. Shame neither team started that fluently. Was impressed "Jags" fans cheered loudly on 3rd down throughout. Flag waving was enthusistic.

I was block 501. No American fans within earshot. Was fairly quiet, but friendly. No idiots standing before the snap to go get beer as has happened in previous games.

Mexican wave when Colts were on 1st and goal was bit embarrassing.

Queue to get in was worst I've ever experienced. 20 mins to get to ticket gate then had to be searched again on passing through gate.

Also smoke from the robin thick concert took ages to clear.

Otherwise good day.
only did level 5 blocks 501 etc once, never again
Old 03.10.2016, 08:35 AM
Pro

i noticed on tv that it was mainly level 5 and the posh half way line seats that were empty, lower endzone great support as always, true fans.
Old 03.10.2016, 08:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post

The problem with the lack of atmosphere is still a major problem and not sure if that will be ever solved when surrounded by people who are clearly more interested in eating and drinking, or counting the number of people wearing bobble hats and then going home during the 3rd quarter.
The atmosphere is never going to rival games in the US because the majority of people there are neutrals and not cheering for either team.

Out of the games at Wembley I have been to, the best atmosphere was probably the Steelers/Vikings games, where both teams were there in good numbers and crucially got behind their side.