Shambles! - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 17.10.2018, 10:58 AM
Rookie

I'm like a lot of others who don't like to complain as there may come a day when we don't get to see like NFL football, and it could be very much you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

The NFL is very 'fashionable' right now and everybody has the right to be there, but how many are true football fans? Some will question how that is defined, but me and my other half for example go every year as a neutral, we are Buccs fans and been to games in Tampa and go to London to watch live NFL game regardless of who's playing because it's live football. We put up with all the nonsense because it is outweighed to get the chance to watch live football.

Saying that, the bag policy was a complete and utter disgrace. We had our authorised clear bag that was fine, we were refused entry to the stadium for the clutch bag with strap my other half had. This bag was within the size criteria but she was refused entry as it wasn't clear, utter tosh. She has wore this bag to games in the US and at Wembley for the last 3 years. We then proceeded to watch people let in with huge rucksacks, we questioned why they were being let in to get shrugged shoulders, so asked again if we could come in to be told no. So we never actually made it inside as nobody was interested.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.10.2018, 11:19 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamez1982 View Post
I'm like a lot of others who don't like to complain as there may come a day when we don't get to see like NFL football, and it could be very much you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

The NFL is very 'fashionable' right now and everybody has the right to be there, but how many are true football fans? Some will question how that is defined, but me and my other half for example go every year as a neutral, we are Buccs fans and been to games in Tampa and go to London to watch live NFL game regardless of who's playing because it's live football. We put up with all the nonsense because it is outweighed to get the chance to watch live football.

Saying that, the bag policy was a complete and utter disgrace. We had our authorised clear bag that was fine, we were refused entry to the stadium for the clutch bag with strap my other half had. This bag was within the size criteria but she was refused entry as it wasn't clear, utter tosh. She has wore this bag to games in the US and at Wembley for the last 3 years. We then proceeded to watch people let in with huge rucksacks, we questioned why they were being let in to get shrugged shoulders, so asked again if we could come in to be told no. So we never actually made it inside as nobody was interested.
Wow that is bad! If it was within the limits I assume you tried to take it up with someone senior at the ground? Id be looking for a refund as a minimum!

My mate had his umbrella taken by security, which was tiny, but for some reason they are banned (so we though fair enough, our error), only to see loads of people with way bigger ones inside the ground!
Old 17.10.2018, 11:54 AM
Rookie

Wow had a totally different experience to you guys

Arrived nice and early, parked in Red Zone car park, literally 100yds from our entrance

Walked to Tailgate area just in time for gates to open, queuing was ok, as you would expect for such a large event, no problems getting food or drinks. Merchandise store was standard, I was at Ryder Cup 2 weeks ago and marquee used was identical, no real delays.

Security getting in was fine, no different to any other major sporting event these days. After final whistle was back in car and on A40 within 15 minutes of leaving stadium.

Like others, not impressed with building work, the days of the iconic walk down "Wembley Way" are gone for ever
Old 17.10.2018, 05:00 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamez1982 View Post
That's a joke. It looks like there's been a bad case of not all security getting the same memo because there have been complaints of some people getting in with certain things and others not. Clutch bags are definitely allowed, even if they're not clear. It says so in all the leaflets and emails.
Old 17.10.2018, 05:11 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
My mate had his umbrella taken by security, which was tiny, but for some reason they are banned (so we though fair enough, our error), only to see loads of people with way bigger ones inside the ground!
Was one of them Steve McClaren?
Old 17.10.2018, 06:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitchB Niner View Post
Was one of them Steve McClaren?
Had to have a chuckle about that
Old 17.10.2018, 06:54 PM
Starter

It all sounds so sad. My first IS game was 2011, and the whole experience blew me away. The tailgate, the freedom, the iconic Wembley Way and a day out that was so, so memorable. I stopped going in 2016 as I became priced out, and now hearing the experiences from so many, I am so glad I don't go anymore. And that hurts me to say as I used to feel so proud that the UK could stage such prestigious games.

The mess it all seems to be now, added to the concrete jungle that is making Wembley disappear off the landscape.... So sad.
Old 17.10.2018, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRaider View Post
Wow had a totally different experience to you guys

Arrived nice and early, parked in Red Zone car park, literally 100yds from our entrance

Walked to Tailgate area just in time for gates to open, queuing was ok, as you would expect for such a large event, no problems getting food or drinks. Merchandise store was standard, I was at Ryder Cup 2 weeks ago and marquee used was identical, no real delays.

Security getting in was fine, no different to any other major sporting event these days. After final whistle was back in car and on A40 within 15 minutes of leaving stadium.

Like others, not impressed with building work, the days of the iconic walk down "Wembley Way" are gone for ever
you did strangely well there then.

I looked into the red zone car park for this sunday's game and was emailed by the company responsible to say it wasn't open apart from a few blue badge spaces.

We did park there last year and it took us forever to get away with the way all the traffic was being forced to go the same way.
Old 17.10.2018, 11:05 PM
Rookie

So how bad is it to get out of the stadium and on the tube after the game?
Old 18.10.2018, 06:33 AM
All Pro

Food outside the stadium, seems like there was far less then usual years. Official tailgate area was completely packed with people and massive queues for every food stand.
---
The queues at the stands near the shopping centre weren't very long. I think people this year headed to the tailgate and didn't head further afield because of the building work. The shopping centre as a whole was quieter.