PA at Wembley - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 29.10.2018, 01:07 PM
MVP

Default PA at Wembley

Hopefully it was just my aging ears but was the PA at Wembley yesterday rubbish yesterday? Could barely hear a thing. The fact they had subtitles up there later on makes me think it was just my ears.

Although the Eagles fans booing and chanting before, during and the silence for Leicester and the National Anthem did add to the difficultly. I know the Eagles fans have a reputation for being badly behaved with a mob mentality, seeing them yesterday it is justified.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.10.2018, 07:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Hopefully it was just my aging ears but was the PA at Wembley yesterday rubbish yesterday? Could barely hear a thing. The fact they had subtitles up there later on makes me think it was just my ears.

Although the Eagles fans booing and chanting before, during and the silence for Leicester and the National Anthem did add to the difficultly. I know the Eagles fans have a reputation for being badly behaved with a mob mentality, seeing them yesterday it is justified.
How do you know it was Eagles fans not Jags fans?
Old 29.10.2018, 08:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
How do you know it was Eagles fans not Jags fans?
I am assuming Mr P.Bin used his eyes. Always good when identifying things.

And then what you do is look at tell tale signs...
The logos firstly. Eagles fans have an Eagle and Jaguars fans a Jaguar.

Secondly the colour of jersey/apparel, for the casual or new fan this could be harder...

You can even use your ears....

For those more familiar with America accents are even a give a way.

If you were there yesterday you would have witnessed which fans were rowdier.

Eagles were easily the loudest and most soccer like fans we have had over. From my point of view I’m not criticising. Although I didn’t hear the booing or noise on silence... not really anyway. I think I heard one guy shout.
Old 29.10.2018, 09:37 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post

Secondly the colour of jersey/apparel, for the casual or new fan this could be harder...

You can even use your ears....

For those more familiar with America accents are even a give a way.

If you were there yesterday you would have witnessed which fans were rowdier.

Eagles were easily the loudest and most soccer like fans we have had over. From my point of view I’m not criticising. Although I didn’t hear the booing or noise on silence... not really anyway. I think I heard one guy shout.
there was a couple of shout outs in first few seconds, benefit of doubt im not sure they would have known what was going on. the minutes silence isnt really a thing in states

thought eagles fans were fine, bit gallus in groups at times but their noise and passion was welcome and closest a wembley game has felt to US one for me
Old 29.10.2018, 09:44 PM
Pro Bowler

maybe a tad quieter.
Subtitles are a near must for the "on field" interviews as theyve only ever been barely audible in previous years, both at Twickers and wembley.
Old 29.10.2018, 10:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post

Yes that is what I did! Luckily I have had years of experience of "using my eyes" so I am quite good at using my eyes to identify things. That's how I knew they were Eagles fans. They had clothes with "Eagles" written on it or a logo which looked like an Eagle and not a Jaguar.

Also they seemed to be very keen on telling me how to spell "Eagles". I was not sure how they knew I was dyslexic but I appreciate the thought!
Old 30.10.2018, 11:00 AM
Pro

I complain every year about this when the NFL surveys come out. The PA system is terrible. You can't hear virtually anything in section 544.

The American Eagles fans around us were very loud and we had one in particular a few rows in front who keep standing up and was quite offensive towards players and the cheerleaders at times and then trying to dance to the music at others. I suppose it takes all sorts.