Antonio Brown *TRADED* - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 03.01.2019, 04:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Antonio Brown *TRADED*

Question about what people will think will happen in this situation. Clearly he is a diva but he has also been the best WR in the NFL for the last few years.

I don't see him at the Steelers next season but what do you think will happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 03.01.2019, 07:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuhaide View Post
Question about what people will think will happen in this situation. Clearly he is a diva but he has also been the best WR in the NFL for the last few years.

Brown cant be traded till March and by then this may have blown over unless the team really want to get rid of him or if the player decide to go public with wanting a trade.

he is now 30 and his cap numbers over the next 2 seasons are well into the $20m+ range so not cheap to keep if he is unhappy with Tomlin or Ben.
Old 03.01.2019, 09:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuhaide View Post

He will be with the Steelers next season, 100%. He'll show up on Day 1 of training camp in a helicopter or a private jet or a black and yellow ferrari or something, like he always does.
Old 03.01.2019, 10:46 PM
Pro Bowler

He will be with the Steelers next season.

IMO would not be unhappy if this diva was traded and we got a first round pick.
He will be 31 yo when he plays his next NFL game and his output fell this season. Juju has over shadowed him and ranks well inside top 10 NFL WR's to AB who is outside top 10. Steelers have deficiencies in other parts of the team that need urgently addressing.

Interesting article below. Just wonder if injuries have slowed him down a bit.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/an...tthew-freedman
Old 03.01.2019, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trading Brown would only create about $1m in cap space. He’s also due a roster bonus of $2.5m on March 17th.
Old 04.01.2019, 12:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradshawSteeler View Post
He will be with the Steelers next season.

IMO would not be unhappy if this diva was traded and we got a first round pick.
He will be 31 yo when he plays his next NFL game and his output fell this season. Juju has over shadowed him and ranks well inside top 10 NFL WR's to AB who is outside top 10. Steelers have deficiencies in other parts of the team that need urgently addressing.

Interesting article below. Just wonder if injuries have slowed him down a bit.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/an...tthew-freedman
Not really a fair comparison as Brown draws the double coverage that means JuJu is free to go one-on-one. Brown still put up good numbers.

As for getting a first round pick to use elsewhere on the team - do you trust Kevin Colbert on 1st round defensive picks? We have used our 1st round draft pick on defense for six consecutive seasons, and 8 of the last 10, and what do we have to show for it? Shazier has been excellent (too bad what happened), Heyward has been really good and dependable, and TJ Watt is been decent. As for the rest, Ziggy Hood was a bust, Jarvis Jones was a complete bust, Artie Burns is looking like a disaster, the new guy Edmunds certainly hasn't pulled up any trees in his first season and Bud Dupree has been very disappointing. Give me another season of AB over that any day.
Old 04.01.2019, 09:26 AM
All Pro

Steelers would be stupid to trade Brown - if he goes onto the trade block, there would be 31 teams in the NFL calling. He’s been one of the best WRs in the game for a half decade now, and as Bob says he consistently draws and often beats double coverage.

This is typical Steelers - it’ll settle down as the off season progresses and come training camp I imagine he’ll be back. I like Juju, but really not sure if he’s a good WR #1
Old 05.01.2019, 05:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Steelers would be stupid to trade Brown - if he goes onto the trade block, there would be 31 teams in the NFL calling. He’s been one of the best WRs in the game for a half decade now, and as Bob says he consistently draws and often beats double coverage.

This is typical Steelers - it’ll settle down as the off season progresses and come training camp I imagine he’ll be back. I like Juju, but really not sure if he’s a good WR #1
with Brown going on twitter again last night he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to let people forget he went AWOL before his teams must win week 17 game.

the Steelers have said they will punish Brown but keep any fines private but surely the team needs to let the locker room know that no one is bigger than the team so should leak out the dollars he should lose.
Old 12.01.2019, 05:58 PM
MVP

so Art Rooney has on Thursday said an Antonio Brown return "hard to envision" right now.
Old 13.01.2019, 04:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
so Art Rooney has on Thursday said an Antonio Brown return "hard to envision" right now.
“When the facts change, I change my mind, sir”. I have changed my mind on this now, from thinking it was a storm in a teacup that would blow over quickly to now thinking he will be traded. The Rooneys are not like Jerry Jones or certain other owners. They don’t talk much publicly. When they do, you listen. Brown has still not talked to the team and continues to talk via social media. Which isn’t making things better. To paraphrase an article on Steelers depot, he either doesn’t get it, or he gets it very well indeed. As it is just pushing him closer to the trade door. At this point I think the team has had enough of his drama, despite that being a high threshold for someone this good, but there is no doubt some other team will be willing to part with good draft picks to get him. I don’t think the dead money cap hit is even a factor at this stage, though the cash savings might be.