Total $3,749,583

Nicky ;D
Sponsored Links
Old 03.02.2005, 06:01 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Indianapolis Colts Thread

The Latest on the New Stadium

Colts President: ‘We Fall Behind with Every New Stadium’
INDIANAPOLIS — Bill Polian’s perspective on the proposed stadium for downtown Indianapolis is simple.

Polian, entering his seventh season as the Colts’ President, said recently the stadium is vital to the team’s competitiveness in the NFL. And further, he said without a new facility, the franchise cannot stay on pace with other NFL teams.

Polian recently appeared before the Indiana House Public Policy and Veterans Affairs Committee to discuss the proposed stadium.

He stressed he was not appearing to discuss stadium finances, or how the stadium will be funded. Instead, he reiterated his view that the Colts can not continue to sign such players as quarterback Peyton Manning and wide receiver Marvin Harrison on a long-term basis given the financial constraints of their current venue, the RCA Dome.

An excerpt from Polian’s appearance:

“I’m not here to talk about finances. The financing mechanism is your business . . .

“At present, we’re in the smallest and one of the oldest buildings in the National Football League. We cannot remain competitive in that building.

“It is that simple.

“The Collective Bargaining Agreement which we have in the National Football League mandates free agents. Free agents receive signing bonuses. Signing bonuses are funded by the revenue stream generated by the stadium.

“It’s that simple.

“That’s the equation, ladies and gentlemen. And without those revenue streams, we will no longer be competitive.

“Over time, the disparity between ourselves in a 57,000-seat facility and others in 70,000-seat buildings continues to grow. As soon as a new stadium comes on board, the salary cap goes up. And the revenue grows for people with new stadiums; it remains constant for us. We don’t stay the same. We fall behind with every new stadium.

“What that means, very simply, is we cannot retain the kind of players who set records that will stand probably for our lifetime.”

The proposed new stadium in downtown Indianapolis would be a multi-use venue for NCAA Basketball’s “March Madness,” the Colts and major conventions and trade shows. The project is expected to inject $2.25 billion into the local economy and create 4,200 permanent jobs and 4,900 construction jobs over the next 10 years.

Colts Owner and Chief Executive Officer Jim Irsay, a member of the league’s Super Bowl committee, said in December “there is a high probability” Indianapolis can host a Super Bowl between 2011 and 2015 if a new stadium is built.

--------------------

nicky ;D
Old 03.02.2005, 09:44 PM
All Pro

All well and good but WTF is he doing about it????

He can say all he wants about how much we need a new stadium, but get off your A$$ and DO something.

We all know Isray wants an LA franchise, sounds to me like Polian is starting think out of Indy too, which is not good news.
Old 03.02.2005, 09:54 PM
All Pro

Why? I dont really know about American cities etc, what advantages has Indy got over LA? I do hope we stay in Indy but if its betta for the team then i dont have a problem with them moving to LA, on the other hand, I dont want to see them move for Irsay or Polian, for the franchise only!

nicky ;D
Old 03.02.2005, 09:58 PM
All Pro

Personally I've got no connections with Indy, so while I'd rather they stay put if they have to leave for financial reasons to benefit the team I won't be all that bothered.
Old 04.02.2005, 09:32 AM
All Pro

this is not looking good,we have to stay in indy. How indy important people wont give us some financial support after wat the team has given the city is beyond me. stinks to high heaven.
Old 04.02.2005, 05:14 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Colt_Ant

an article on the Edge situation..

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...d/10812912.htm

Old 04.02.2005, 05:45 PM
All Pro

I'd take Surtain for Edge. I think that's a far bigger bonus for our Passing D than it is for our Running O any day. If we get a decent DT and a decent ILB in the draft I think that's a far stronger team than this year.
Old 04.02.2005, 07:29 PM
All Pro

Yeah I like this trade, a really great CB for edge, just what the Colts need.

But I am quite shocked at Edge's attitude, all he really cares about is money!!
Old 04.02.2005, 07:51 PM
MVP

As a Phins fan, though Im gutted to be losing Surtain, this trade would really make a lot of sense for both teams.

So bring it on !!!!!