........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 100 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 19.12.2007, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Default Re:........Dallas Cowboys thread

[quote author=Inky link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=975#msg808723 date=1198030907]
Here is a complete list of the Cowboys' 2008 Pro Bowl selections:

(** denotes starter)

** Terrell Owens, WR (sixth selection)[/quote] Deserves it, had a great season.
Quote:
** Flozell Adams, T (fourth selection)
Kept Romo on his feet for most of the season, and actually not had a bad year. Jury out.
Quote:
** Jason Witten, TE (fourth selection)
Definitely deserved, having a career year and the go-to guy for Romo this season.
Quote:
** DeMarcus Ware, LB (second selection)
The guy's a beast, definitely deserved.
Quote:
** Andre Gurode, C (second selection)
As with Adams, but I would have put Olin Kreutz of Chicago in myself.
Quote:
** Leonard Davis, G (first selection)
The man mountain who has been making holes for Barber all year. Deserved.
Quote:
** Nick Folk, K (first selection)
Our rookie of the year, finally bringing some stability to the kicker position.
Quote:
Tony Romo, QB (second selection)
Definitely deserved, ignoring the 5 INTs at Buffalo and poor performance against the Eagles on Sunday, he's having a fantastic season and has broken franchise passing records along the way.
Quote:
Marion Barber, RB (first selection)
Mr Stiff-arm. Well deserved.
Quote:
Ken Hamlin, S (first selection)
There are better safeties in the NFC IMO
Quote:
Terence Newman, CB (first selection)
About time, he has deserved to go long before now!
Quote:

(First-alternates)
Roy Williams, S
Not deserved IMO, he is not the player he should be. Coverage is poor, goes for the big hit rather than just making the tackle, now suspended for his third horse collar tackle of the year.
Quote:
Greg Ellis, LB
Often ignored over Ware. Had a very good year and bagged plenty of sacks.
Quote:
Keith Davis, ST
Deserved, great ST player.
Quote:
Mat McBriar, P
Again, deserved.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Old 19.12.2007, 03:01 PM

I'll have me some of that action!

** Terrell Owens, WR (sixth selection) - T.O. T.O. T.O. Superstar, and I fancy there's a big game or two in the post-season for this guy yet.

** Flozell Adams, T (fourth selection) - False start Flozell…. An up and down year. Usually up before the snap :P He probably deserves to be there or there abouts.

** Jason Witten, TE (fourth selection) - Best tight end in the NFL. He can do it all.

** DeMarcus Ware, LB (second selection) - He's a perennial Pro Bowler from now on. Just stunning, so much so that Greg Ellis has got a trip to Hawaii off the talent of Ware. Not that Ellis isn't quality, but the brilliance of DeeeeeeeWare has allowed Ellis to get so much freedom to do his thing!

** Andre Gurode, C (second selection) Im sorry Ed but Kreutz??? No freaking way. Gurode has been solid, I wouldn’t say he's been outstanding but he's played very well on occasion, and I think come Saturday with Corey Proctor we might see how much of a foundation he has been.

** Leonard Davis, G (first selection) Dallas' player of the year. They laughed when they gave him that money but with McQuistan and the drafting of the incredible Doug Free and James Marten he was never going to flounder at tackle. Instead he's been outstanding. I might even venture to use the word dominant.

** Nick Folk, K - 'Queer as' has done very well. The best kicker in the draft. Not sure if its thoroughly deserved in contrast to other NFC kickers, but he's settled this position down. And those late kicks in Buffalo probably got him a hell of a lot of votes.

Tony Romo, QB (second selection) - Better than Favre. There I said it, and if you can say that about someone then he's a contender for the Pro Bowl. Plus the fact that he's nailing that fine looking Jessica Simpson gets him even more kudos!!!

Marion Barber, RB (first selection) - First of many. Who cares if he doesn’t start. So much more than a goalline rusher. Parcells' best draft pick (of which there are many excellent ones).

Ken Hamlin, S (first selection) - Been a good acquisition. Very happy with him. Again, not sure if in comparison he deserves to go, but Im happy with him, so Im glad he's got some recognition.

Terence Newman, CB (first selection) - Echo what Ed said. Long overdue. Even thought this has not been his best year - hampered by injury.

(First-alternates)
Roy Williams, S - He's deserved to go once. Last season for me. The way I see it with him is we all know what the weaknesses are. People repeat them ad nauseum when they have no intelligent thoughts of their own to say. But sometimes…. Sometimes I look at it from the other angle…. Coaches must see something in the guy, otherwise he'd not have got where he has - mind you, he is a Sooner………

Greg Ellis, LB - Well deserved - glad to see him back after his nasty injury last year.

Keith Davis, ST - considering he was shot in the off-season. Well done again.

Mat McBriar, P - Probably there or there abouts for deserving this.
Old 23.12.2007, 08:54 PM
All Pro

Just wondering what Tank Johnson has been like for you guys, i was quite sad we let him go. Has he been good?
Old 24.12.2007, 06:46 PM
All Pro

[quote author=eatme link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=990#msg810901 date=1198443257]
Just wondering what Tank Johnson has been like for you guys, i was quite sad we let him go. Has he been good?
[/quote]
Doing quite well me thinks - did you see that tackle on sat night - mullered the qb but called for helmet to helmet but a great hit none the less.
Old 25.12.2007, 02:02 PM
Team Captain

[quote author=adeace link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=990#msg811750 date=1198521968]
[quote author=eatme link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=990#msg810901 date=1198443257]
[/quote]
Doing quite well me thinks - did you see that tackle on sat night - mullered the qb but called for helmet to helmet but a great hit none the less.
[/quote]

Yeah it was a great hit.

Funny how Helmet to Helmet is called when you hit a QB, but not when you hit a running back
Old 25.12.2007, 05:56 PM
All Pro

[quote author=adeace link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=990#msg811750 date=1198521968]
[/quote]
[/quote]

yuh i saw that, just wondering how much playing time he's getting and if he's actually a force like he was with me bears
Old 28.12.2007, 05:20 PM
Pro

[quote author=eatme link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=990#msg811979 date=1198605373]
[/quote]
[/quote]

yuh i saw that, just wondering how much playing time he's getting and if he's actually a force like he was with me bears
[/quote]

He is finally getting into good football shape and is starting to make an impact. The guy has some REALLY quick feet...he is off like a bolt at the snap. He just sat so long...with the suspension and jail time he got out of playing shape and also a new system that he had to adjust to...he looks to be firing on all cylinders.
Old 06.01.2008, 11:46 PM
All Pro

Gone a bit quiet boys did we just finish 13-3 or 3-13, I know we finished a bit subdued but we'd tied it all up nothing mattered near the end now its time to stand up, beat big blue then its championship game then after that - revenge against the patriots (if they make it who knows .... "on any given sunday&quot
Old 07.01.2008, 01:17 AM
All Pro

I hate this type of game, we look better on paper in every area, but I am worried that we have given up such long runs up the middle recently.

And if TO is out it could be a long tense game.
Old 07.01.2008, 06:57 PM
Team Captain

I think this is the worst possible opponent for us.

The Cowboys stopped playing after they beat the Packers, and playing at home against a team we have already beaten twice this season isn't going to do an awful lot to quell the complacency.

If TO isn't up to full speed then I can see this being a very long night.