........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 150 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 22.08.2009, 09:56 AM
All Pro

Well we destroyed the titans, looks like our backups finally learned they have to step up and our starters looked brilliant against a good titans defense
Everyone of our QBs looked good, especially romo and felix jones looked unstoppable
Great christening for the new stadium
Sponsored Links
Old 22.08.2009, 10:03 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
Well i see the cowboys are yet again going to be on the end of more jokes. This is in relation to the replay screens in the new stadium were the titans punter in the preseason game hit the screen in the third quarter. Apparently after the game Jerry Jones said that they will not be raised. Frankly, i think he must be embarrassed that happened. Like how stupid can you be not to remember that there is punting in the game. Get the damn things raised before the NFL commissioner comes in and has them removed. The thought of this occurring crossed my mind quite a while back, but i thought we had people intelligent enough to know what the minimum height of them should be. Well, they dont seem to be as smart as a brick. We deserve to be the laughing stock after that.
Apparently they had Matt McBriar in to test the height of the screens when they were installed - maybe it says more about his punting than the height of the screens! I think punters may be tempted to try to hit them regardless what height they are.

The Cowboys website says that the have to be raised 25 feet for to accommodate a U2 concert soon so it can be done.
Old 22.08.2009, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd71 View Post
Apparently they had Matt McBriar in to test the height of the screens when they were installed - maybe it says more about his punting than the height of the screens! I think punters may be tempted to try to hit them regardless what height they are.

The Cowboys website says that the have to be raised 25 feet for to accommodate a U2 concert soon so it can be done.
Well they need to be raised regardless. I thought i seen somewhere that they are currently at 90 ft, i assume to the underside of them. You would have thought that was high enough. But if they are to be raised an extra 25 feet just for the concert, have it done now and keep them there permanently.
Old 22.08.2009, 11:34 AM
Team Captain

It may have only been a pre season and i was only watching the chopped up highlights but we looked good against the titans, Romo consistently hitting his mark, Witten catching everything, Williams likewise and Felix looking awesome!!!!!!! Our back ups were making plays too, crayton, bennett et al!!
Old 22.08.2009, 01:28 PM
MVP

Felix Jones looked amazing! Im looking forward to seeing more of him this season! I feel slightly more optimistic now!
Old 22.08.2009, 01:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Felix Jones looked amazing! Im looking forward to seeing more of him this season! I feel slightly more optimistic now!
Me too
I think we have the best potential smash and dash (and tash) combo in the league because no one is a more agressive power runner than MB3, no back is more explosive and agile than the cat and we have a great relief player in Choice

This is going to be a potent running attack with our line thrown into the mix as well
Old 22.08.2009, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanebassist086 View Post
Me too
I think we have the best potential smash and dash (and tash) combo in the league because no one is a more agressive power runner than MB3, no back is more explosive and agile than the cat and we have a great relief player in Choice

This is going to be a potent running attack with our line thrown into the mix as well
agreed, very early to predict but i can see the cat being a pro bowl within the next year or two!! He is going to be that good, there is no doubt !!
Old 22.08.2009, 02:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
Well i see the cowboys are yet again going to be on the end of more jokes. This is in relation to the replay screens in the new stadium were the titans punter in the preseason game hit the screen in the third quarter. Apparently after the game Jerry Jones said that they will not be raised. Frankly, i think he must be embarrassed that happened. Like how stupid can you be not to remember that there is punting in the game. Get the damn things raised before the NFL commissioner comes in and has them removed. The thought of this occurring crossed my mind quite a while back, but i thought we had people intelligent enough to know what the minimum height of them should be. Well, they dont seem to be as smart as a brick. We deserve to be the laughing stock after that.
Jeez, life`s a barrel of laughs for you isn`t it?

I challenge you to say something positive about the Cowboys....
Old 22.08.2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffrey Foo View Post
Jeez, life`s a barrel of laughs for you isn`t it?

I challenge you to say something positive about the Cowboys....
Your right. But can you not see they got something simple so horribly wrong. They are not playing table tennis for god sake.
Old 22.08.2009, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Shane Lechler is going to be embarrassing that scoreboard on Thanksgiving Day.