53 man roster prediction - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 06.09.2009, 03:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister-b View Post
A couple of things I don't understand about the new roster, after the cuts.

Who is the backup at LT? The new official depth chart is empty there:
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/
How will things shuffle if Clifton goes down?

Also why do we want 3 FBs and 3.5 TEs?
Daryn Colledge is the back-up left tackle, he'd have to shift over from left guard which would mean one of Wells or Lang would slide in. Colledge played left tackle in college and has filled in for Clifton on occasion, I think he's even made one start at LT against Miami a few years ago.

Keeping three fullbacks is a bit of a head scratcher, but Kuhn and Hall are key special teams players and Johnson is a recent draftee - with good potential. The Packers only kept 3 TE's - Lee, Finley and Havner. The half-points on the previous page were referring to the fact Havner can play both TE and LB (though neither of them particularly proficiently). In short, Havner has much more chance of getting on the field as a TE, where's he's third on the depth chart, than LB, where he's last on the depth chart.

Update: After clicking on your link - to the Packers depth chart - it's clear that they haven't removed the players who have been placed on injured reserve - Harrell, Lee, Moore and Peprah.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.09.2009, 03:57 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengermassey View Post
Update: After clicking on your link - to the Packers depth chart - it's clear that they haven't removed the players who have been placed on injured reserve - Harrell, Lee, Moore and Peprah.
Thanks - I missed that Moore was on IR. Apparently he has a "damaged finger" from early in camp, though it hasn't stopped him practicing and even playing in the preseason ... (Is that all above board I wonder?!)

So in fact it's only "2.5" at TE.
Old 06.09.2009, 07:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Some really questionable decisons here - particularly having Meredith only on the PS and keeping 3 FBs
Old 07.09.2009, 09:51 AM
Starter

I'm hoping we sign Sutton and Lumpkin to the practice squad, i think they both have potential! I think Sutton showed enough over Wynn in my opinion but Wynn must of showed them something in camp that Sutton didn't
Old 07.09.2009, 11:20 AM
Starter

Sutton and Smith have been claimed on waivers.

Brohm, Meredith, Lumpkin, Obiozor, Talley, Toribio, Allen & Ford signed to Practice Squad.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/57615157.html
Old 07.09.2009, 10:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaw View Post
I'm hoping we sign Sutton and Lumpkin to the practice squad, i think they both have potential! I think Sutton showed enough over Wynn in my opinion but Wynn must of showed them something in camp that Sutton didn't
Wynn can pass-block, he's probably the best RB on third down of the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coombser View Post
Some really questionable decisons here - particularly having Meredith only on the PS and keeping 3 FBs
I was surprised the Packers kept Dietrich-Smith and cut Meredith, considering Meredith's draft-status, potential and ability - albeit raw - to play LT. Meredith is the only possible successor to Clifton within the team, and now he can be picked up by anyone as he's only on the practice squad.