Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 17.11.2009, 04:02 PM
All Pro

NAME -Gavin

AGE -41

LOCATION - Worcestershire

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 1998

WHY THE PACKERS - I have followed the nfl since 1982,but I never followed a paticular team,just loved the sport,then in 97 I went to Canada for 6 months,whilst I was there SB 32 was on,I was watching it in a bar surrounded by Packers fans and it was amazing,they were so friendly and proud of their team that I decided there and then they were the one for me,as it happens we lost to Denver but it did'nt deter me,if anything it made my passion stronger

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES -On sky tv,highlights on the net

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - Well I remember them from the 80s but I had no emotional attachment,I remember Forrest Gregg being head coach,so I suppose my 1st real memory would be the bar in Vancouver when I jumped on board the good ship Packer

BEST PACKERS MEMORY -Winning the play off against Seattle in jan 08,14pts down after 2.52 and then Grant and Favre took over,it was an amazing game

WORST PACKERS MEMORY -Favre retiring (finally)

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER -Donald Driver,Clay Matthews(gonna be a star)

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER -#4 who else

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER -Peyton Manning(amazing qb)

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - none (YET)

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE -n/a

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - I don't really dislike other teams,I find it more beneficial to channel my emotion to my love of the Pack,however I understand the dislike of the Bears and Vikes,I'm sure if I was a local Packer then I would feel some kind of hatred for them

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Everton (english football)sorry I refuse to call it soccer

Add any extra information if you can [/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Old 17.11.2009, 04:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickleclown View Post
NAME -Gavin

AGE -41

LOCATION - Worcestershire

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 1998

WHY THE PACKERS - I have followed the nfl since 1982,but I never followed a paticular team,just loved the sport,then in 97 I went to Canada for 6 months,whilst I was there SB 32 was on,I was watching it in a bar surrounded by Packers fans and it was amazing,they were so friendly and proud of their team that I decided there and then they were the one for me,as it happens we lost to Denver but it did'nt deter me,if anything it made my passion stronger

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES -On sky tv,highlights on the net

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - Well I remember them from the 80s but I had no emotional attachment,I remember Forrest Gregg being head coach,so I suppose my 1st real memory would be the bar in Vancouver when I jumped on board the good ship Packer

BEST PACKERS MEMORY -Winning the play off against Seattle in jan 08,14pts down after 2.52 and then Grant and Favre took over,it was an amazing game

WORST PACKERS MEMORY -Favre retiring (finally)

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER -Donald Driver,Clay Matthews(gonna be a star)

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER -#4 who else

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER -Peyton Manning(amazing qb)

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - none (YET)

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE -n/a

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - I don't really dislike other teams,I find it more beneficial to channel my emotion to my love of the Pack,however I understand the dislike of the Bears and Vikes,I'm sure if I was a local Packer then I would feel some kind of hatred for them

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Everton (english football)sorry I refuse to call it soccer

Add any extra information if you can
[/QUOTE]
whereabouts in Worcs are you dude?
Old 17.11.2009, 05:13 PM
All Pro

whereabouts in Worcs are you dude?[/QUOTE]

Upton Upon Severn,down river from you
Old 19.11.2009, 10:09 PM
Starter

NAME - Andy

AGE - 28

LOCATION - Channel Islands

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 1993

WHY THE PACKERS - [baring in mind i was about 12!] The uniform looked cool and the Lambo leap

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Burn them off the internet! tee hee

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - The Lambo leap

BEST PACKERS MEMORY - Vs the vikings in 2004. 3sec left on the clock, game is tied. Longwell is about try a 50yrd FG. Kicks the ball PINGS OFF the right post and THROUGH!!! THE PACKERS WIN!!!

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - Getting rid of Sharper, Longwell and Green [but we have Green back now thank god!]

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Jordie Nelson. Makes big plays when he's on the field.

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Darren Sharper.

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER - Wes Welker.

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? -

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE -

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Vikings and Bears.

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Peterborough Saxons "BAFL"
Old 23.11.2009, 10:48 AM
Rookie

Name: Andy

Packers fan since?: well heres a long story i have always liked green bay and cheered them an followed them whenever i could an the 1997 superbowl exposed me to them further, i used to follow the raiders mainly because there quite popular etc, i made the leap to the good side and have never looked back i guess you can say i officially became a cheese head for life as of november 2009.

Why the packs?: I dunno its the $64,000 dollar question i like the history, the stadium, the team colours, logo and my mate is a packers fan and he converted me and made me see the light, also i think being that there the smallest nfl town aswell, there just an all round great team, my life is green an gold!!

How do you watch your games?: mainly on sky sports as there coverage is excellent i use a few p2p programmes aswell. and occasionally crack open a lager watchin my beloved packs

First Packers memory: must be the 1997 superbowl and the fine quarterbacking of Brett Favre throughout the season, seeing people wearing cheeseheads on tv and watchin nfl blitz early saturday morning and seeing green bay in the snow, ahh memories that will last forever.

Best Packers memory: hmm.. guess the above pretty much covers it, although a raider at the time when Brett Favre came to Oakland a day after his father passed and put on such a beautiful display of passing and controlling and offensive line, that stuck with me and made my love of green bay even deeper...

Worst Packers memory: hmm.. the disappointment of th 13-3 season, and Brett Favre retiring in a Green Bay Jersey

Fave current players: Donald Driver, Charles Woodson(obv raider connections) and Clay Matthews who is gunna be big in 1-2 seasons.

Fave all time players: Brett favre

Fave non Packer: steve smith, the guy just knows how to convert 3rd downs, troy polamalu and must be Tom Brady for consistency as New England QB.

Best game/Tailgate experience: never been to a packs game, but have watched the London Monarchs back in 1995 and their games and tailgate parties were amazing, i miss following the London Monarchs and indeed miss NFL europe, i want to go see the packs some time me an my mate are looking into goinb some time!

Teams I dislike most?: Obviously Chicago Bears.. i have a friend who's a Vikings fan and she is trying to get me to come to the dark side NO WAY not in a million years IM PROUDLY a CHEESE HEAD FOR LIFE!!, apart from Bears and Vikings, it has to be Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Other teams you follow: WEST HAM UNITED with a passion im a proud cockney who loves his team, I also follow Barcelona as they are just fantastic to watch, i follow Essex in cricket.
Old 27.11.2009, 10:01 AM
Starter

NAME - Phil

AGE -48

LOCATION - The Wirral

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 1983

WHY THE PACKERS - Got into the sport when Channel 4 starting showng highlights in 82. In 83 decided to pick a team based n whoever was shown on that weeks highlights. As the game was the Pack v th Skins and Washington had won the previous years superbowl chose the Pack as I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - That would be telling

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - The above game.

BEST PACKERS MEMORY - I've afew. Listening to the packers at the lions on armed forces radio on thanksgiving day when Walter Stanley returned a punt 83 yards to win the game 44 - 40. Superbowl XXXI of course, When we signed the great Reggie White.

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - Losing the NFC championship game away at the Cowboys in 96. That hurt for 3 months.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Greg Jennings

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Ray Nitschke

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER - none really to be honest, Only care about the Pack

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - None but I dream of one day going to Lambeau. I just hope we come to wembley soon. Away game though, would never want the pack to lose a home game.

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE - Never been to one.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Chicago, Minnesota and Dallas

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Everton

Add any extra information if you can
I formed the Merseyside Nighthawks in 1986 and was part of the BNGL Premier winning team in 1992.
Old 12.12.2009, 11:24 AM
Starter

NAME - Martin Hart

AGE - 23 right now. 24 next month(January 13th)

LOCATION - Dundee, Scotland

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 2005

WHY THE PACKERS - My best friend, Christina, introduced me to them. Christina is a lifelong Packers fan so it was a natural choice for me to follow her.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - TV, radio, internet streams. Any which way possible that allows me to watch or listen to the games.

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - The 4-12 season under Mike Sherman in 2005. Better best forgotten as the old saying goes.

BEST PACKERS MEMORY - I actually did a blog about this quite recently. Beating the Lions in the final game of last season to hand them their 0-16 season.

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - THAT catch by Mike Wallace with 3 seconds left when we lost in Pittsburgh. I actually cried at the end of the game because I was in so much shock.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Donald Driver

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Brett Favre

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER - Peyton Manning.

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - None, but a trip over to Lambeau is high on my 'to do' list.

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE - Wembley in 2007 for the Saints-Chargers game. Nothing will ever beat the experience of my first NFL game.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Lions, Vikings, Bears, Newcastle United and Dunfermline Athletic

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Raith Rovers FC, Sunderland FC, Michigan Wolverines, Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto FC

Last edited by PackersRule; 30.12.2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12.12.2009, 01:11 PM
Pro

Great idea for a thread!

NAME - John Jemmett

AGE - 28

LOCATION - Monmouth, S Wales

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 2007

WHY THE PACKERS - Packer nation, one of the oldest franchises, community owned rather than corporate, Lambeau field. After being introduced to NFL by a 49ers fan on a drunken all-nighter I checked out the different teams and immediately fell in love with the Pack.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Gamepass, Sky/Five whenever they (rarely) show GB.

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - First game I watched was the 2007 Cowboys game when Rodgers came on for Favre.

BEST PACKERS MEMORY - Hard to choose from, could've been the Seattle 2007 snow game, or Rodgers beating the Vikes in 2008 in his first NFL start, or handing the Lions their 0-16 season. but I think I'll go with the Favre retirement speech after 2007 season, it was a real tearjerker.

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - Couldn't decide between being swept by Favre and the Vikes this year or that final FG kick in the Giants 2007 Conference championship game.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Aaron Rodgers

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Before he joined the Vikings, Brett Favre. But would now have to say KGB.

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER - Troy Polamalu, very professional, humble, and softly spoken, and a huge hitter!

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - None yet unfortunately, bring the Pack to the UK next year please!!!

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Minnesota Viqueers, Chicago Bores, I would also dislike the Lions too but they're so rubbish it's not like they're even a threat and worth it. It's actually amusing watching them get beat up week in week out!

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - NHL Philly Flyers (only US team I support not nr GB!), MLB Brewers, CFB Badgers. I'll probably get into Basketball at some point too in which case I'd have to go for the Bucks obviously
Old 13.12.2009, 05:06 PM
Rookie

NAME - Lee

AGE - 21

LOCATION - Middlesbrough, UK

PACKERS FAN SINCE - As long as I can remember.

WHY THE PACKERS - First team I saw. It was who my dad liked.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - TV/Internet.

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - Watching Packers v. Dolphins (I think!) back in the 90s when I was just a kid with my dad.

BEST PACKERS MEMORY - Seeing Favre break the TD record at HHH Dome.

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - Giants Game or when Randy Moss and the Vikings beat us - when he did the 'moony' thing.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Theres a few, but probably Charles Woodson.

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Probably Favre/Driver.

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER - Drew Brees, because hes immense.

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - Vikings v. Packers @ Dome, the TD record game in 2007. Then Packers v. Redskins at Lambeau, also 2007.

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE - First (and only) trip to Lambeau, no competition.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Vikings. Cowboys. New York Jets.

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Middlesbrough FC, FC Barcelona, Minnesota Twins.

Last edited by MrLAH88; 13.12.2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 29.12.2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Bowler

NAME -Peter

AGE -43

LOCATION - Stevenage, Herts

PACKERS FAN SINCE - 1979

WHY THE PACKERS - US Air Force guy from Madison, WI was my neighbour as a kid.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Internet

FIRST PACKERS MEMORY - Listening to the Packers in 1979 on the American Forces Network. David Whitehurst was the Quarterback (subbing for the injured Lynn Dickey). Star player was probably James Lofton.

BEST PACKERS MEMORY -On the field there's quite a few. The Super Bowl XXXI win is clearly a huge one, but the win in the NFC Championship that year is probably even bigger for me. The 28-0 victory over the Raiders towards the end of the 1993 season to secure a play-off berth was also huge.
Off the field, there are again many - meeting some of the people associated with the Packers that are now my personal friends are clearly at the top of the list.

WORST PACKERS MEMORY - Off the field - the passing of one of the close friends referred to above.
On the field - probably the 4th and 26 play against the Eagles in 2004 (2003 season playoffs)

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - None in particular but I've got lots of time for Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Kampman.

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Of those that I've seen - Brett Favre. Of those that I never got to see play live, but have seen lots on film and read about - Don Hutson (surely the greatest Packer of them all).

FAVOURITE NON PACKER PLAYER -None

PACKERS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - Too many to mention. Have seen the Packers play a number of times at Lambeau Field and on the road in places like Detroit and Indianapolis.

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE - Being featured on Fox-TV prior to the 1999 Green Bay v Chicago game.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Chicago

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - No other pro football teams.