Trips to Green Bay - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 01.02.2011, 11:00 PM
Pro

Default Trips to Green Bay

I am very tempted to try and get to a Packers home game next season

I'm hoping some people could shed some light on the best way to do it?

Best place to get tickets? Best deals for hotels in GB? and the best way to travel?

I really want to go to Chicago for a bit of sightseeing also, how easy is it to get from Chicago to GB

If anyones done it, any information would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Old 02.02.2011, 12:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmedway View Post

Best place to get tickets? Best deals for hotels in GB? and the best way to travel?

I really want to go to Chicago for a bit of sightseeing also, how easy is it to get from Chicago to GB

Just wear a cheesehead round Chicago, you should find it real easy to get to Green Bay.
Old 02.02.2011, 12:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmedway View Post

Some advice...
1) Sort out a ticket before you go. I've always used Packers Fan Tours (PFT) which are expensive but provide unique extras such as a good tailgate party, discounts on stadium tours and hall of fame etc. but there are other agencies.

2) This is a big one - decide where you want to stay. PFT offer hotels almost all within walking distance to the stadium but booking a hotel in GB around gameday is otherwise nearly impossible, believe me I've tried. If you don't stay in GB you could stay in a nearby town such as Appleton or take a cabin in the woods, which I love doing.

3) If you want to save money you can drive from Chicago in about 3.5 hours without breaking speed limits too much and since my first visit I've always found this cheaper. If you don't want to drive, PFT offer shuttles from the airport.

4) If you stay in Chicago on the weekend before heading up to GB the public transport is pretty good. Also picking up an Economy or Compact in Chicago centre almost always gets you an upgrade.
Old 02.02.2011, 02:04 PM
Starter

try sportstraveltours, i used them for basebll in new york.superb company,just make sure you give them enough time to sort things.
Old 04.02.2011, 08:04 AM
Pro

I'm also planning to go so thanks for the advice
Old 10.03.2011, 09:48 PM
Pro

Got my ticket and hotel booked for May - Title Town here we come!
Old 13.05.2011, 08:36 AM
Pro

I'm all booked for the Broncos game.

Just need the season to go ahead and to find a hotel. Seeing as I don't drive the cost of a hotel in Green Bay for two nights is looking pretty high right about now.

I've also been thinking of going to watch us play at the Giants on Dec 4th. As far as I've seen and am aware there is no real problems with away fans at games (unlike English football), but I just thought I;d check on hear to make sure I'm not going to get my **** kicked in New York.
Old 14.05.2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds82 View Post
I'm all booked for the Broncos game.

Just need the season to go ahead and to find a hotel. Seeing as I don't drive the cost of a hotel in Green Bay for two nights is looking pretty high right about now.

I've also been thinking of going to watch us play at the Giants on Dec 4th. As far as I've seen and am aware there is no real problems with away fans at games (unlike English football), but I just thought I;d check on hear to make sure I'm not going to get my **** kicked in New York.
as long as you are not over the top celebrating our victory you will be fine, especially if you tell people how far you travelled to see the game
Old 14.05.2011, 02:15 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to IrishLion09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadesaregood View Post
Just wear a cheesehead round Chicago, you should find it real easy to get to Green Bay.
Old 17.05.2011, 07:11 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman4 View Post
as long as you are not over the top celebrating our victory you will be fine, especially if you tell people how far you travelled to see the game
I shall take your advice to heart (and I also like the fact that you know we will win!)

I was also just wondering if anybody knew if they have any hostels in Green Bay?

As I've been looking at hotels, but understand that they will cost me a small fortune on a game weekend, but other than finding a hostel or somewhere on couch-surfer I'll just have to pay up.

Bear in mind that I don't drive either.