Stock Sale Update - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 08.12.2011, 12:12 PM
Starter

Thanks for the advise,im on the case already. I only want one,but how cool would it be to own a part of your team. I'll let you all know how i get on.
Go Pack Go
Sponsored Links
Old 08.12.2011, 02:51 PM
All Pro

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this just a fundraising drive because there is no monetary value to the stocks therefore you are just making a donation to the Packers.

Sounds like a way of just making money..
Old 08.12.2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this just a fundraising drive because there is no monetary value to the stocks therefore you are just making a donation to the Packers.

Sounds like a way of just making money..
True, but we do get voting rights and can go to shareholder meetings which may sound dull but you can meet the GM and President and the Coach.

And it is cool to say that I am an Owner of the Green Bay Packers.

A lot of fans in the States are saying that Packers fans are stupid to give money to this stock sale, but if other teams could do it, fans would put money down.

Plus if the fans didnt donate this way, then the other obvious way to raise money is to raise ticket prices.

It also helps keep the team financially viable.

Metspacker will you frame your Stock Certificate when you get it? Thats what I am doing with mine when it arrives.
Packers are sending them out on the 16th, so my contact should receive mine around the 20th so if im lucky and he sends it straight away i might get mine between Xmas and New Year
Old 08.12.2011, 03:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
True, but we do get voting rights and can go to shareholder meetings which may sound dull but you can meet the GM and President and the Coach.

A lot of fans in the States are saying that Packers fans are stupid to give money to this stock sale, but if other teams could do it, fans would put money down.

Plus if the fans didnt donate this way, then the other obvious way to raise money is to raise ticket prices.

Metspacker will you frame your Stock Certificate when you get it? Thats what I am doing with mine when it arrives.
Packers are sending them out on the 16th, so my contact should receive mine around the 20th so if im lucky and he sends it straight away i might get mine between Xmas and New Year
I can understand you wanting to own a share in your team and I don't think that a fan stupid for wanting that but I think it should be confirmed for what it is. Essentially the Packers are holding their hand out and waiting for the money to come in.
Old 08.12.2011, 03:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Can you explain to me what subjects the voting rights would be on. Personally i wouldnt buy a share in the Steelers if it was available as i dont see it as anything more than a money making scheme playing on the blind loyalty of the fans. Whe you say you can go to shareholder meetings is that option open for every fan that wants to go or is limited to say 100 or 200 fans as i can see a big problem if 40k fans want to turn up at the meeting.
Old 08.12.2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
I can understand you wanting to own a share in your team and I don't think that a fan stupid for wanting that but I think it should be confirmed for what it is. Essentially the Packers are holding their hand out and waiting for the money to come in.
They explain the rules very clearly in the offering document so we know what we paying for.
Old 08.12.2011, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Steeler View Post
Can you explain to me what subjects the voting rights would be on. Personally i wouldnt buy a share in the Steelers if it was available as i dont see it as anything more than a money making scheme playing on the blind loyalty of the fans. Whe you say you can go to shareholder meetings is that option open for every fan that wants to go or is limited to say 100 or 200 fans as i can see a big problem if 40k fans want to turn up at the meeting.
I am sure that you can vote on who becomes a Packers Director and I know from prior reports that the voting in the past got the people on the board who were the driving force behind the hiring of Ted Thompson as GM.

The annual shareholder meeting was moved to Lambeau Field after thousands were turned away in 2005.

I seem to remember reading there was close to 20,000 there in 2008 and the usual turn out is over 10,000
anyone can go who is an owner but of course they will never get 100% attendance.
Old 14.12.2011, 08:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
My contact paid for it on his card and then i will pay him back. I would assume the US Resident has to pay for it, have the Certificate sent to them with your details on it, and then they would forward it to you.

You can only purchase it as a US Resident but the Packers have Stockholders who have moved abroad so you dont have to be a US Resident forever, so you can change it.

Members of the Military do this to get Stock so it should be no problem at all.
trouble is, they won't send you any mail... their not going to pay to ship things to you in the uk...
Old 14.12.2011, 12:26 PM
Starter

Quote:

Without a doubt,pride of place in the hallway. Gonna be the first thing people see when they come round. I have a cunning plan and if all falls into place i hopefully will be picking mine up in the States round about feb 5th. Ha Ha. Get in.
Old 14.12.2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingie16 View Post
trouble is, they won't send you any mail... their not going to pay to ship things to you in the uk...
Most things will be sent by email anyway so it isnt a big issue.