I went to a Packers game this season and this is my story........... - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 14.10.2012, 10:31 PM
Team Captain

Thanks for another great tale. That is the only NFL game I have been to and it was a Monday Night one too about 6 years ago. Great game and the atmosphere excellent, a great bunch of fans. In your picture I was at the opposite end to you, top left corner, but still a great view.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.10.2012, 03:41 PM
Rookie

Hey cairns1985, I'll be going to see the Packers play the Giants this November at the Metlife Stadium! Would you mind if I picked your brain for some tips/advice?
Old 15.10.2012, 11:39 PM
Team Captain

Default Hello folks

Not posted on here for a while, I have been to around 50 live Packer games in around 15 stadiums around the NFL

The most recent being the 49ers and Bear games to open the season.....Heading back for the last two home games and the game at Soldier Field in December.

Some games really do stand out I have seen live.........

v Saints 52-3 coming off 0 and 4 start

@ Denver Favre to Jennings overtime

@ Kansas, same year, same trip

@ Carolina on MNF opening weekend, met a guy on his stag party, now one of my best buddies, he lives in GB

V bears xmas day last year

@ Vikings, christmas eve, clinch division, Favre 4th down convo, amazing

@ detroit been 3 times on thanksgiving, special

Vikings 34-0 beat down

Baltimore 2 years ago, MNF, Lambeau is amazing under lights

Falcons @ Saints (not packer related but 1st game after Katrina)

Vikings @ Saints, opener after NFC title game, Favre got killed !

Packers @ NYG done the old stadium twice, once after 9/11 it was switched to last game of season and once 31-13 (IIRC) win the G men went on to win it all.....

@ Philly, got spat at by the haters ha ha

Loads more, lost count the amount of money its cost me to fly over and see these games, all worth it though, got a lifetime of amazing memories.....

Now 315 on season ticket wait list, they have just sent me my letter !! next year could be season ticket holder as well as shareholder.....

anyone need any info RE heading to a Packer game I will be more than happy to help.........

PS Wozzer was in Stadium View on Sat and Sun night for the niner game, too bad we didnt know !!

Last edited by 12times; 15.10.2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 15.10.2012, 11:50 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
They had a few t-shirts to give a way so i'm sure they'd have just given it to the guys from england.

By the way i forgot to mention that everyone in the stadium had a free t-shirts waiting on their seat fro them when they got there,they we either gold or green which gave the stadium the effect of green and gold stripes.

they do this at the tailgate at the Resch centre too ha ha
Old 16.10.2012, 12:33 AM
Pro Bowler

Is there much to do in GB or surrounding area outside the football?
Old 16.10.2012, 06:12 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12times View Post
Not posted on here for a while, I have been to around 50 live Packer games in around 15 stadiums around the NFL

The most recent being the 49ers and Bear games to open the season.....Heading back for the last two home games and the game at Soldier Field in December.

Some games really do stand out I have seen live.........

v Saints 52-3 coming off 0 and 4 start

@ Denver Favre to Jennings overtime

@ Kansas, same year, same trip

@ Carolina on MNF opening weekend, met a guy on his stag party, now one of my best buddies, he lives in GB

V bears xmas day last year

@ Vikings, christmas eve, clinch division, Favre 4th down convo, amazing

@ detroit been 3 times on thanksgiving, special

Vikings 34-0 beat down

Baltimore 2 years ago, MNF, Lambeau is amazing under lights

Falcons @ Saints (not packer related but 1st game after Katrina)

Vikings @ Saints, opener after NFC title game, Favre got killed !

Packers @ NYG done the old stadium twice, once after 9/11 it was switched to last game of season and once 31-13 (IIRC) win the G men went on to win it all.....

@ Philly, got spat at by the haters ha ha

Loads more, lost count the amount of money its cost me to fly over and see these games, all worth it though, got a lifetime of amazing memories.....

Now 315 on season ticket wait list, they have just sent me my letter !! next year could be season ticket holder as well as shareholder.....

anyone need any info RE heading to a Packer game I will be more than happy to help.........

PS Wozzer was in Stadium View on Sat and Sun night for the niner game, too bad we didnt know !!
We probably bumped into each other and didnt know it,i spent most of sunday night on the dance floor !!
Old 16.10.2012, 08:46 AM
Starter

cairns 1985, wow that second pic looks amazing!!!!!
If I were to go to a Vikings away game Seattle are near the top of the list
Old 17.10.2012, 09:53 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
We probably bumped into each other and didnt know it,i spent most of sunday night on the dance floor !!
and me, we must ahve had all the right moves ha ha

Looking forward to be back again this winter, love the town and the people..

Heading to Milwaukee too for a Bucks game, thats a cool city too, saw a couple of Brewer games this fall
Old 17.10.2012, 09:59 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
Is there much to do in GB or surrounding area outside the football?
in winter its brilliant, all the winter sports especially if you head a little upstate.....

Milwaukee is a fun town to visit, especially if you tie it in with a Brewer or a Bucks game. Theres about a hundred brewery tours to do and some excellent shops.

As far as GB is concerned its a great place to go and relax, stay at the astor house on south monroe, truly splendid.

Loads of great walks and wildlife, the botanical garden is ace, especially round xmas when they have the light show.

Hunting your thing ? its all there too

Nation rail museum is nearby too

there loads of good small bars and some good clubs on South Washington Street.

If you go expecting manhattan you will be disappointed. If you go expecting small town america with really friendly people and a great chilled out atmosphere (except on gameday) then you will love it.

As the post above says, Ive been to loads of games there and its one of my favourite places in the world

Just had my season ticket letter through BTW so will be an owner and a season ticket holder next season !!

27 years on the list ha ha
Old 17.10.2012, 11:45 AM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via MSN to yorkiepacker

Congrats on the season ticket. Do you do discounts on any unused tickets to fellow brits