Season on a Knife Edge - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 09.10.2012, 11:45 AM
Pro Bowler

If we beat the Texans then I have no doubt we'll reach the playoffs as a wilcard at worst but i'm not optimistic to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.10.2012, 12:31 PM
Pro

Not lost faith yet but im not happy with what im seeing. What annoys me most it that after every game McCarthy tells everyone that the lose was on his shoulders and that he shouldnt of given up on the run game so quickly..fair enough he takes some responsability..but he says this loss and the next week we dont run the ball. Yeah i know we have not had a reliable runner since preinjury grant, but benson..till injured..looked good. McCarthy has always preached to just keep running to keep the opposing defence honest but we never see this. We ran the ball well first half against the colts, benson went out and McCarthy gave up on the running game even though we have Alex Green who the packers have spoken highly about.

I like McCarthy a lot but his aversion to the run is killing our offence..creating more 3 and outs and putting our poor/rebuilding defence under so much pressure.

I read this week in the journal sentinal that maybe rodgers is changing from run plays at scrimmage..if this is the case they need to get on the same page pretty damn quick
Old 10.10.2012, 05:16 PM
All Pro

with benson's injury, the packer offense looks really untenable. They must run the other running backs, if only to try to give rodgers a break.
Packers go 2-4 after playing the texans, and by week 8 will be 3-5 with a win at home over jacksonville.
Old 11.10.2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAtomic View Post
with benson's injury, the packer offense looks really untenable. They must run the other running backs, if only to try to give rodgers a break.
Packers go 2-4 after playing the texans, and by week 8 will be 3-5 with a win at home over jacksonville.
5-4 at the bye

Lose on Sunday and then beat Rams, Jags and Cards
Old 11.10.2012, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
5-4 at the bye

Lose on Sunday and then beat Rams, Jags and Cards
I don't think the Rams is a gimme. Their D-Line gets pressure and if they play keep ball with the Offense, could be a close game.

I expect you guys to be 5-4 at your bye but that Rams game is a massive banana skin imo.
Old 11.10.2012, 03:28 PM
All Pro

Jeez you lot over react just a bit! You have arguably the best QB in the league; even if he's off form he's still better than most of the league! Granted Minnesota & Chicago have both had great starts but I still think that the Packers have the most depth and over the course of the season that'll show up. The Packers should be 4-1, the loss at Seattle was ridiculous as we all know & last weekend they blew a big lead. Unfortunately you caught the Colts at a bad time as they were rallying for their coach and a team with passion usually performs way above it's usual standard. Don't give up hope, you'll still be playing in January.
Old 11.10.2012, 04:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben414 View Post
Jeez you lot over react just a bit! You have arguably the best QB in the league; even if he's off form he's still better than most of the league! Granted Minnesota & Chicago have both had great starts but I still think that the Packers have the most depth and over the course of the season that'll show up. The Packers should be 4-1, the loss at Seattle was ridiculous as we all know & last weekend they blew a big lead. Unfortunately you caught the Colts at a bad time as they were rallying for their coach and a team with passion usually performs way above it's usual standard. Don't give up hope, you'll still be playing in January.
This.

All this handwringing...

It's so early. Even if you lose on Sunday, the Bears and Vikings still have their games with Houston to come. Are either of those teams really looking unstoppable? You made Chicago look awful just a few weeks ago and here you are conceding the division to them - the negativity here is really surprising to me.

And like everyone says - two years ago you laughed your way through the playoffs on the road. The sky is not falling. Cheer up, cheeseheads
Old 11.10.2012, 11:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Whatever happens on sunday, I think we all agree that being at worst 5-4 for the bye is a must.
Old 12.10.2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
I don't think the Rams is a gimme. Their D-Line gets pressure and if they play keep ball with the Offense, could be a close game.

I expect you guys to be 5-4 at your bye but that Rams game is a massive banana skin imo.
I agree its no gimmie i mean I hope we are 5-4 at the bye.
Old 12.10.2012, 01:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post

And like everyone says - two years ago you laughed your way through the playoffs on the road. The sky is not falling. Cheer up, cheeseheads
There's a huge difference between now and then, back then we were just an up and coming team (upstarts if you like), nothing was really expected, expectations were low, now we are one of the elite (although that seems ridiculous with that D).
Coaches seem to have worked on pressuring Rodgers and covering Jennings, Finlay seemed to be potentially great but now can't catch a cold.

Now Benson is injured our only real running threat has vanished, I really can't see where another 8-9 wins are going to come from.

Any team with a half decent O-line who can give their QB 3 seconds to get the ball to their pick of their wideouts and we're dead in the water.

Negativity? Maybe, but that's what I see when I watch us this season.