Android streaming of Gamepass - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 20.08.2013, 05:37 PM
Pro

Exclamation Android streaming of Gamepass

Seeing as it has been conveniently overlooked several times by Gamepass admin (including direct messaging) I've started a new thread to hopefully shed some light on it.....

Could you please tell us why android users cannot stream at full quality like apple users? There is no difference tech-wise. Both systems are fully capable of steaming at 4000. This question has been raised over and over but yet Gamepass is avoiding it. Please answer the question as it seems ridiculously biased.
Sponsored Links
Old 20.08.2013, 06:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkies View Post
Seeing as it has been conveniently overlooked several times by Gamepass admin (including direct messaging) I've started a new thread to hopefully shed some light on it.....

Could you please tell us why android users cannot stream at full quality like apple users? There is no difference tech-wise. Both systems are fully capable of steaming at 4000. This question has been raised over and over but yet Gamepass is avoiding it. Please answer the question as it seems ridiculously biased.
because android is the ford fiesta of the OS world. ..IOS is the Aston Martin. Ford fiesta parts are cheap, plentiful and universal. The Aston on the otherhand is different gravy. One OS for one piece of hardware as opposed to the buggy multiple androids for multiple devices. Apple - It deserves the best. Thanks Gamepass!

You know it makes sense rodders, come across to the light side. Stop trying to make a fiesta drive like an Aston....

Gimmee a A...A - gimme a P...P. - gimme a P...P........................gimmee an L....L..........gimmee an E...E...............

Old 20.08.2013, 07:42 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL_Rich View Post
because android is the ford fiesta of the OS world. ..IOS is the Aston Martin. Ford fiesta parts are cheap, plentiful and universal. The Aston on the otherhand is different gravy. One OS for one piece of hardware as opposed to the buggy multiple androids for multiple devices. Apple - It deserves the best. Thanks Gamepass!

You know it makes sense rodders, come across to the light side. Stop trying to make a fiesta drive like an Aston....

Gimmee a A...A - gimme a P...P. - gimme a P...P........................gimmee an L....L..........gimmee an E...E...............

okay i'll bite

buggy android? jellybean is an incredible iteration of android, it's beautiful and fast

there's no excuse to not treat it as an equal to ios, some android phones are more powerful than ios devices so there should be the option to stream in the same bitrates

can't help feeling that it's being artificially held back for some reason
Old 20.08.2013, 07:56 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulmerist View Post
okay i'll bite

buggy android? jellybean is an incredible iteration of android, it's beautiful and fast

there's no excuse to not treat it as an equal to ios, some android phones are more powerful than ios devices so there should be the option to stream in the same bitrates

can't help feeling that it's being artificially held back for some reason
I'm glad you did and not me, I'd hate to go through the usual specs of how they match up. Apple is not significantly better at all and as pointed out, both can support decent HD streaming (as proved by the 2 ipads in my house, the android run tablet, friends iphone, my htc one X using various HD streaming media)

I'm sensing some sort of corporate intervention. Now, as it is not made clear when purchasing gamepass i'm left to wonder where fair trade practice comes in and where android users are advised of the lower, unjustified quality.
Old 20.08.2013, 08:04 PM
Pro

it seems weird that in the description on the play store it states "Availability of HD-quality video is subject to device internet-connection speed and to the system requirements for streaming content at higher bitrates"

where as far as i can see there is no option for HD bitrates, on my nexus 4 the highest bitrate i can select is 1200kbps, i'm certain if you encode video at 1280x720, the lowest resolution that could really qualify as "HD", you would encode in a much higher bitrate
Old 20.08.2013, 08:11 PM
Pro

it also seems really misleading that on the features page it has multiple devices and hd video listed but doesn't have any kind of statement about the lack of hd video on android
Old 20.08.2013, 08:26 PM
All Pro

my ipad works great, it bodes well to do a bit of research before you purchase
Old 20.08.2013, 09:17 PM
Pro

The alternative is to just build a mini pc of course, much cheaper than investing in Apple gear
Old 21.08.2013, 05:12 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Leeds View Post
my ipad works great, it bodes well to do a bit of research before you purchase
You're right, it does bode well and you'll see I actually did that from previous posts. That STILL doesn't detract from why non apple platform users are forced to use a lower quality, with no warning, or admittance from NFL in their app or anywhere (apart from this forum) . What if I was Joe public who didn't use thus forum? How would I know? You can say "do a little research". That's what i have done since last season. The point is it isn't made clear. I'm pretty sure there's some trade rules broken here.
Old 21.08.2013, 05:25 AM
All Pro

Of course, Im just playing

I had a Samsung galaxy note 2 (for around 2 months before selling it and getting an ipad) and I found it a very good piece of kit. You're right, there is no excuse for being short changed as far as streaming GP is concerned. Android seem to always have an excuse though. I remember how long it took for sky go to make an appearance on jellybean. Even then it wasn't as good (IMO) as the iOS developed app. You're right about the tech too - android devices are far more powerful so need to sort it!

Tags
gamepass