NBA Thread - Page 546 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 29.10.2014, 09:51 PM
All Pro

Celtics season starts tonight, not sure if Rondo will be fit, but sounds like he could well be, which would be a nice boost. I like the look of our roster this season, we have one of the better (and underrated) defensive backcourts in the league, however I'm not expecting much from us. Best case scenario this season is we get around 35 wins, worst case we tank (again) and get around 25 wins, we've improved from last year so I'll stick my neck out and say we'll get 33 wins!
Old 30.10.2014, 03:08 PM
Rookie

Didn't used to be much other than a fleeting NBA fan. I was always into NFL, NHL & MLB much more, however, that has changed a great deal over the past few years.

Been really looking forward to this season. The return of Lebron to the cavs, Rose's fitness, the continued demise of the lakers, will the new, not so big 3 in Miami be a success, will the clippers claim LA as their own with an NBA title are all interesting facets to the season ahead.

Enjoyed watching the bulls dominate the knicks last night. They were strong defensively as always, but the scoring from the bench was fantastic. I usually ditch NBA gamepass after the free trial and keep upto date with daily highlights, but loving it so far. However, I think £180 might be a little too much for me to sign up full-time.
Old 30.10.2014, 03:30 PM
MVP

Only watched a replay of the OKC/Blazers so far from last night. Looks like the Thunder are going to struggle early how can they not with only 9 players available and no KD. If they can at least hang around for a while in the west then my prediction of them making it to the finals could pan out as they get bodies back at the right time and make a run with some momentum.
Old 30.10.2014, 06:16 PM
All Pro

Looks like i'm in for a long season (again) as a Knicks fan.
Old 30.10.2014, 06:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Insane game as a Hornets fan, down 75-50 in the 3rd quarter for Kemba to tie it at 100-100 with 1 second to go. End up winning 108-106 in OT!
Old 31.10.2014, 12:21 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
Looks like i'm in for a long season (again) as a Knicks fan.
Same here! (Magic fan)
Old 31.10.2014, 12:48 PM
Rookie

great win for the knicks last night. They were blown away by the bulls on Wednesday night but looked pretty comfortable for most the game against the mis-firing cavs. Would be surprised if the cavs played as poorly tonight, but as a bulls fan, i'm now expecting nothing other than a win.

If I was a thunder fan, I'd be starting to get real worried. An 0-2 start and now Westbrook is hurt as well. Any wins they pick up over the next couple of weeks will be important, but it's how long it will take for Durant and Westbrook to get anywhere near 100% when they return that is of real concern to me. A third of the season could easily be gone before we start to see a team that resembles anything like the real thunder.
Old 31.10.2014, 02:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulldolfan View Post
great win for the knicks last night. They were blown away by the bulls on Wednesday night but looked pretty comfortable for most the game against the mis-firing cavs. Would be surprised if the cavs played as poorly tonight, but as a bulls fan, i'm now expecting nothing other than a win.

If I was a thunder fan, I'd be starting to get real worried. An 0-2 start and now Westbrook is hurt as well. Any wins they pick up over the next couple of weeks will be important, but it's how long it will take for Durant and Westbrook to get anywhere near 100% when they return that is of real concern to me. A third of the season could easily be gone before we start to see a team that resembles anything like the real thunder.
yeah any slight glimmer hope they had for this season went out the window when Westbrook went down
Old 31.10.2014, 04:07 PM
MVP

I really don't know why but I don't like Blake Griffin he's an excellent player don't get me wrong but I really dislike him for some reason.
Old 31.10.2014, 09:54 PM
All Pro

Just finished watching the game from last night, cracking win for the Knick's, not sure what that means for us for the season.