Fake shop websites - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL UK Shop

Old 26.11.2012, 05:55 PM
Pro

http://www.footballfanaticsshop.co.uk/faq.html

This appears to be a rip off of the official site.
Old 27.11.2012, 09:31 PM
Pro

Do we think this is a rip off website?

http://www.nflmerchandise.co.uk/new-...at-22951-p.asp

I really want one of hose bobble hats, and can't find anywhere online in the UK that sells them, until this one popped up.
Old 08.12.2012, 12:21 AM
Rookie

A friend of mine bought a jersey for me from www.nflshop.uk.com thinking it was the official site for NFL jerseys (in all fairness the website looked really well done so I don't blame him in any way).

I would like to offer some advice though to anyone else that may have been affected by this. I have spoken to my brother who is a bank manager and he has told me that you can call up the bank's fraud detection department and tell them that you have discovered that the website has scammed you (which it has by marketing the jerseys as authentic). They will then give you a refund of the money within 24 hours and even if the website does send you a fake jersey, you have no obligation to return it to them. Also a bank has far more clout to shut down a business then the NFL would do (no offence to you guys but they do).

I know it's a bit of a mess to sort out but these company's will continue to do this as long as there is a profit to be made from it, so let's take away their profit by shutting them all down.

I will make sure my friend does this and write it on here if we are successful.
Old 11.12.2012, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPye999 View Post
A friend of mine bought a jersey for me from www.nflshop.uk.com thinking it was the official site for NFL jerseys (in all fairness the website looked really well done so I don't blame him in any way).

I would like to offer some advice though to anyone else that may have been affected by this. I have spoken to my brother who is a bank manager and he has told me that you can call up the bank's fraud detection department and tell them that you have discovered that the website has scammed you (which it has by marketing the jerseys as authentic). They will then give you a refund of the money within 24 hours and even if the website does send you a fake jersey, you have no obligation to return it to them. Also a bank has far more clout to shut down a business then the NFL would do (no offence to you guys but they do).

I know it's a bit of a mess to sort out but these company's will continue to do this as long as there is a profit to be made from it, so let's take away their profit by shutting them all down.

I will make sure my friend does this and write it on here if we are successful.
Just thought I would provide a little update on this. My mate called the bank and they confirmed that they would refund the money and then take it directly from the company that sold the product. It's then up to them to argue the case with the bank. Not sure if all bank's do this but HSBC definitely do.
Old 14.12.2012, 12:37 AM
Rookie

Ok guys final update, I'm afraid all the advice we were given from the bank was slightly incorrect. There is quite a lengthy procedure to go through to get your money back. There are two ways to do it, first you can go to an official retailer of NFL jerseys and get a written confirmation that the jersey you have is counter-fit, you then send that to the bank and you will get a refund. The second thing you can do is if you haven't got a retailer near to you is take a load of pictures of the jersey and tell them why you believe it is a fake and they will send that to someone that will look over what you sent and will decide if the jersey is fake but that can take anything from 6-8 weeks. My friend who bought the fake jersey has decided not to go through this process but I wanted to post it here just so you were aware of what you could do.

On a side note, I did receive the jersey today and while it is clearly fake, I have seen a lot worse, I'm gonna keep it as a throwaway although I have now been on the official website and bought a real one.
Old 14.12.2012, 07:11 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMUFalcon View Post
Do we think this is a rip off website?

http://www.nflmerchandise.co.uk/new-...at-22951-p.asp

I really want one of hose bobble hats, and can't find anywhere online in the UK that sells them, until this one popped up.
I think it looks good.
Old 23.12.2012, 08:16 AM
Rookie

Question Super Bash

Not sure if this is the right thread and know it's early and know I have hardly any posts but got put off as no one believed me (accept my brother) or it seems as if they didn't as I made a few posts (long ones) when I joined last year and they just vanished over night as if I had not made them... I complained on the bugs page but that's where I kind of felt it was said that was impossible - so I kind of just gave up before I started (got put off as I find writing hard)... but now as the team I loosely follow looks like one of many going to post season may just fancy this Bash thingy if my team makes it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Also I know my brother will be going regardless so at least I'll know someone.

So is it going to be held this year, will there be a lottery again and is it going to be at the Indigo O2 again?
Old 23.12.2012, 06:09 PM
All Pro

Red face Wrong Thread Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukes View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread and know it's early and know I have hardly any posts but got put off as no one believed me (accept my brother) or it seems as if they didn't as I made a few posts (long ones) when I joined last year and they just vanished over night as if I had not made them... I complained on the bugs page but that's where I kind of felt it was said that was impossible - so I kind of just gave up before I started (got put off as I find writing hard)... but now as the team I loosely follow looks like one of many going to post season may just fancy this Bash thingy if my team makes it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Also I know my brother will be going regardless so at least I'll know someone.

So is it going to be held this year, will there be a lottery again and is it going to be at the Indigo O2 again?
Hey bro - nice to see you back but yes it's the wrong thread if you look at the titles this one was for fake online shops supposedly selling NFL gear - if you looked down the list you would of found one thread titled Super Bash. Maybe the mods will move your post or maybe there delete it but just glad you came back after your posts dissapeared last year when you joined up.
Old 31.12.2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobsta007 View Post
Looking to buy from here : www.NFLMerchandise.co.uk

Anyone know if this site is okay?

Many thanks.

Robert
Just wanted to add my experience of this site - I ordered a jersey from them and it took many weeks to arrive.

I assumed it was a genuine jersey and wore it. Only when I compared it to a jersey I bought from the Jets shop in the USA a few months later did I realise it is a fake. In fact, its a bad fake and I can't believe I thought it was genuine! Searching the internet reveals a few people who have been stung by these guys.

I am awaiting their reply BTW
Old 02.01.2013, 07:12 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetster View Post
Just wanted to add my experience of this site - I ordered a jersey from them and it took many weeks to arrive.

I assumed it was a genuine jersey and wore it. Only when I compared it to a jersey I bought from the Jets shop in the USA a few months later did I realise it is a fake. In fact, its a bad fake and I can't believe I thought it was genuine! Searching the internet reveals a few people who have been stung by these guys.

I am awaiting their reply BTW
They're absolutely useless. I ordered a bears jersey from them and after letting them know it was fake as there was no rubber shield the guy said he'll send me a replacement. This one came with a rubber shield but was also fake as the numbers and lettering were stitched on. I could complain to them again but I had so much hassle originally I can't be bothered with it anymore, I hope the guy gets shut down though!

Last edited by harrington16; 02.01.2013 at 07:15 PM.