Cornerbacks - NFLUK Forum All-NFL Team - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 12.06.2018, 04:57 PM
Hall of Fame

1. AJ Bouye - The pass rushes of Houston & then Jacksonville help, but he proved beyond doubt that 2016 wasn't a flash in the pan. Tremendously good at the line which enables him to blanket receivers better than anyone currently

2. Xavier Rhodes - Big CB at 6ft 1" & nearly 220Ilbs, Rhodes has the power and range to play against all types of receivers

3. Darius Slay - Whenever I watched Detroit, he stands out. A real game changer. Maybe not as consistent as others at this level, but a real play maker & game changer

4. Marshon Lattimore - Excellent first year. With tape on him OCs may find chinks in his armour, but its unlikely. He played some top WRs last year and pretty much won out

5. Jalen Ramsey - I'm not as high on him as others. His game perhaps warrants his talk, but not the technician that others are and too often over relies on his phyasical abilities

I agree deepest group in the league with big names (Norman, Peters, Peterson) having slightly off years by their own high standards who are likely to rebound next year. Casey Hayward and Kyle Fuller also unlucky to miss out
Sponsored Links
Old 12.06.2018, 05:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
Plenty of these guys are hitting the ground running straight out of college in contrast to some of the high picks at the receiver position in recent years which is an interesting development given how the modern game favours offense.
True. Do receivers have a steeper learning curve with offences and route trees? Not helped by a lack of 'Pro Style' college offences? There is no doubting that some of the rookies in recent years have been supreme athletes. I do wonder, as I alluded to earlier, how we'd view some of these players if they played for the Browns of recent years rather than teams like the Saints or Jags (who invested heavily in their D).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
I agree deepest group in the league with big names (Norman, Peters, Peterson) having slightly off years by their own high standards who are likely to rebound next year. Casey Hayward and Kyle Fuller also unlucky to miss out
Yeah, it's tough to leave some names off.

I'm actually intrigued to see how Sherman does in SF. I'm not convinced he's fallen all that far just yet.
Old 12.06.2018, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Bit surprised Aqib Talib hasn’t featured on here at all...
Old 12.06.2018, 10:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
A year or 2 ago maybe but there's probably about 10-15 CB's I'd put ahead of him right now.
Old 12.06.2018, 10:03 PM
Starter

Peters as only the odd honourable mention is interesting, given that in the turnover categories he's better than anyone. I agree but surprised no one as yet has placed a high premium on that and put him in.
Old 13.06.2018, 06:15 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
He's on the back end of his career though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhdjh View Post
Peters as only the odd honourable mention is interesting, given that in the turnover categories he's better than anyone. I agree but surprised no one as yet has placed a high premium on that and put him in.
Like the guy above, he's had his off field issues. I don't think he quite lives up to his billing at times too, despite the appeal of turnovers. Undoubtedly he has the potential to be amongst a top 5, but there is so much competition.

I might be wrong, but I think Richard Sherman has the most INT's since the year he entered the league too. Yet he hasn't cracked a top 5 yet either.
Old 13.06.2018, 07:09 AM
Pro Bowler

1. Xavier Rhodes - The guy has great cover skills and blistering pace quicker than any RB or WR.

2. Jalen Ramsey - Part of an amazing duo. Think he had a better season than AJ Bouye who was shredded towards the end of the season.

3. Casey Heyward

4. AJ Bouye

5. Marshon Lattimore