New York Jets Thread - Page 775 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 13.11.2017, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-e-t-s12 View Post
A new low for me. Where do we go from here? The o isn't up to it. The qb isn't up to it. The defence is penalty prone when it matters.

Start petty #1 priority.
Why I wanted us to tank this season. McCown (like Fitz) will have the odd good game, but he's nothing more than a stop gap. We're crying out for a true franchise QB, and we're now probably going to have to splash out on one in FA.

With our OL being as bad as it is, putting Petty in seems redundant. He'd get killed behind that bunch of turnstiles. This one is wholly on the Offense for me, made one of the worst Defenses in the league look like world beaters...
Sponsored Links
Old 13.11.2017, 08:53 AM
Starter

Would cut Skrine in the summer for sure and swallow the $ 6 Million Deadcap he is a walking penalty and gets beat more times than he flashes - With the likes of Vontae Davis and alot of Mid-Tier CBs currently projects to hit UFA in 18 I think he can go.

Ijalana has to go - doesn't even start and 6th highest paid player on the team

While I was hoping Shell would make the leave (and FO seems to be high on him) his name seemingly only gets called when he is beat and Qvale has seriously outplayed him in recent weeks and despite being an UFA and not a "Mac guy" should get the starting gig at RT.

I think Bowles gives McCown one more week after the bye (but uses this to prep Petty/Hack) as lose that and the best we can do is .500 which isn't going to be playoffs so if one of the young QBs really tanks the team they can't be accused of throwing the season away with the call.

Anyone else pick up on the commentary of last nights game that the D (rightly so) were giving the Offence a bollocking in the 3rd Quarter for two quick 3 and outs after there stoppages.
Old 13.11.2017, 09:00 AM
All Pro

Not sure any QB would have helped that putrid performance. Bad game plan, OL got owned, receivers couldn't get open, drops, etc. Just bad all round. D played OK I suppose. We are still a bad team and that is what I expected most games to be like this year. Its the first time they have come out and looked lost, which is still a positive overall providing it remains a one-off.

Bad time for a bye week imo. They need to get up and go again after that.
Old 13.11.2017, 09:08 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Why I wanted us to tank this season. McCown (like Fitz) will have the odd good game, but he's nothing more than a stop gap. We're crying out for a true franchise QB, and we're now probably going to have to splash out on one in FA.

With our OL being as bad as it is, putting Petty in seems redundant. He'd get killed behind that bunch of turnstiles. This one is wholly on the Offense for me, made one of the worst Defenses in the league look like world beaters...
2nd, 3rd and 4th that. The o line in the main issue for me. Fitzpatrick in 2015 showed what even a below average qb can do. It's restricting us from giving petty and hack a fair shot.

Prob beat Carolina in two weeks...
Old 13.11.2017, 09:16 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2312 View Post
Would cut Skrine in the summer for sure and swallow the $ 6 Million Deadcap he is a walking penalty and gets beat more times than he flashes - With the likes of Vontae Davis and alot of Mid-Tier CBs currently projects to hit UFA in 18 I think he can go.

Ijalana has to go - doesn't even start and 6th highest paid player on the team

While I was hoping Shell would make the leave (and FO seems to be high on him) his name seemingly only gets called when he is beat and Qvale has seriously outplayed him in recent weeks and despite being an UFA and not a "Mac guy" should get the starting gig at RT.

I think Bowles gives McCown one more week after the bye (but uses this to prep Petty/Hack) as lose that and the best we can do is .500 which isn't going to be playoffs so if one of the young QBs really tanks the team they can't be accused of throwing the season away with the call.

Anyone else pick up on the commentary of last nights game that the D (rightly so) were giving the Offence a bollocking in the 3rd Quarter for two quick 3 and outs after there stoppages.
The biggest issue on the OL seems to be Centre. Pass rushers coming through the middle unblocked far too often and runners are getting hit behind the LoS far too often when we try running up the middle. I thought Shell was OK to be honest, the mistakes didn't seem to be that many on the right side of the line, though he needs to improve pass blocking for sure.
Old 13.11.2017, 02:08 PM
Starter

Agreed Johnson is definately not a first tier starting C in this league and was rather thrust into the job this year as we had no-one else!

As I have said many times Fulton is potentially available this Spring from the Chiefs and would take a punt on him to beef up the line with some experience.

I have no idea what the Draft looks like for centres but given it is generally not a glamour position we could possibly get in the top 2-3 picks of the draft using one of our multiple 2nd rounders if of course the talent is there....oh for there to be another Cody Whitehair sitting there in the 2nd Round !!!
Old 13.11.2017, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2312 View Post
Agreed Johnson is definately not a first tier starting C in this league and was rather thrust into the job this year as we had no-one else!

As I have said many times Fulton is potentially available this Spring from the Chiefs and would take a punt on him to beef up the line with some experience.

I have no idea what the Draft looks like for centres but given it is generally not a glamour position we could possibly get in the top 2-3 picks of the draft using one of our multiple 2nd rounders if of course the talent is there....oh for there to be another Cody Whitehair sitting there in the 2nd Round !!!
That one still hurts, was such an obvious pick but we went for Hack...
Old 14.11.2017, 09:33 AM
Pro

At least the panthers don't look too hot at the moment...

Although tbh i wouldn't be surprised if we keep it close and subsequently McCown is talked about as the next Namath. Ok, a slight exaggeration, but still. Do wonder if a proper thumping, 40-3 might be a lot better in the long run.