Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch3 View Post
I'm hoping for Jags/Rams superbowl...but expect it to be Patriots/Steelers
That would take some doing...
Old 15.11.2017, 02:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
the Saints offence does look very balanced but there defence is still something of a question mark.during there 7 game win streak they have 5 wins against the Bills/Dolphins/Bears/Packers/Bucs so they are seeing a lot of average/rookie/back up QB's.
I understand that train of thought. Perhaps if the Saints Defense holds down the Redskins offense this week then more people will believe in them.

The way I see it is the Saints Defense only needs to be league average in order for the Saints to be a very dangerous team, due to how good their offense is. From what I have seen over the past few weeks I think it is reasonable to say their Defense has taken a significant step forward from the past few seasons and is now at least an average Defense.
Old 15.11.2017, 04:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Saints D has done far more than is asked of it and expectations during the winning run

Cam Jordan is a premier pass rusher, they are strong in the interior and their DB's are excellent particularly Lattimore. What is really relevant is the running game keeps the opposing offense off the field for long periods

They really need to keep both RBs upright. One goes down, the Saints have to go back to Brees chucking it about mode which no matter how good he is, is easier to scheme against, and further exposes the Saints D who will see far more time on the field
Old 15.11.2017, 07:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
I understand that train of thought. Perhaps if the Saints Defense holds down the Redskins offense this week then more people will believe in them.

The way I see it is the Saints Defense only needs to be league average in order for the Saints to be a very dangerous team, due to how good their offense is. From what I have seen over the past few weeks I think it is reasonable to say their Defense has taken a significant step forward from the past few seasons and is now at least an average Defense.
the next month should tell us how good the Saints defence really is.after the Redskins they get the Rams/Panthers/Falcons so some much better offences.

atleast after a couple of poor seasons its nice to see the Saints play-off bound.

Tags
2018 , matchups , nfl , superbowl