The Big Blue Giants Thread - Page 449 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 12.10.2017, 09:14 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monty View Post
DRC has been suspended after reportedly leaving practice early. McAdoo hasn’t said why exactly but I’m sure we’ll hear more in the coming days. This team is falling apart, what a shambles.
The blame game is evidently well underway. Cue infighting and bickering.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.10.2017, 08:26 PM
All Pro

Of course, if we are going to fix the O-line and start protecting Eli - and start run blocking properly - then that works too.

As does Sullivan taking over the play calling, it seems.

Let's see if we can keep it up!
Old 17.10.2017, 09:48 PM
All Pro

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the result Monday morning but it’s so typical of the Giants that we really shouldn’t be surprised!

I think Sullivan deserves a lot of credit, he called the game very well and after watching the replay I thought it was the most balanced game we’ve played under Mac (no coincidence there). To put up 150 yards rushing on that Denver front 7 is a huge achievement.

It was nice to see the defence back to playing chippy and they came up with some important stops. Giving up 400 total yards isn’t so good though, and I think without the turnovers we could of been talking about another loss.

All things being said, I’m really looking forward to Seattle now, if we win that then who knows what could happen?
Old 18.10.2017, 08:38 AM
Starter

Big differences for me, we didn't miss tackles. This meant that they were forced to throw and when that is the case our D can be aggressive and make plays.

The other was getting the run going. I think some of that credit needs to go to DJ Fluker. It started trending that way vs Chargers when he came in and hopefully this can be a feature of the rest of our season.
Old 18.10.2017, 10:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit-fire View Post
The other was getting the run going. I think some of that credit needs to go to DJ Fluker. It started trending that way vs Chargers when he came in and hopefully this can be a feature of the rest of our season.
Most definitely, his trap block to open up the lane for Darkwa’s big run was fantastic, really good to see. I’d also say Jones at center has made a significant impact too. He gets a lot more push than Richburg. It’s a shame that it’s taken injuries to seemingly find the right combination of OL and RBs. I just hope they stick with these guys going forward, they’ve earned it.
Old 25.10.2017, 05:08 PM
All Pro

So what did you make of Jerry’s bye week press conference?

I thought it was the most uncomfortable I’ve seen him with some surprising admissions. Saying the team believed it’s own hype is a poor statement coming from a GM. What he said about the OL too, basically it’s bad but there are equally as bad units on other teams so that makes it ok then....

I was expecting him to be his usual defensive but composed self, but he looked vulnerable to me, lots of stuttering and woolly answers.
Old 27.10.2017, 09:17 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monty View Post
So what did you make of Jerry’s bye week press conference?

I thought it was the most uncomfortable I’ve seen him with some surprising admissions. Saying the team believed it’s own hype is a poor statement coming from a GM. What he said about the OL too, basically it’s bad but there are equally as bad units on other teams so that makes it ok then....

I was expecting him to be his usual defensive but composed self, but he looked vulnerable to me, lots of stuttering and woolly answers.
He looked nervous, couldn't stand still. Tried to own it, then blamed everyone else. The Talk is Cheap podcast from NJ.com give a very good rebuttal of his arguments.

The lines about the Oline were amazing. What was it? we're comparable with other offensive line? That's ok then Jerry, as long as other lines are rubbish.
We don't know if Ereck Flowers will be the left tackle of the future or something similar. What? How can you not know? I don't expect him to come out and bury Flowers, but neither he or McAdoo have in public at least challenged him to play better. Nor have they brought in any competition to him. In fact the Oline as a unit, has never coped any criticism in public.

He's got to go. The massive spend last year was down to his numerous poor drafts. They've used everything to give him more time, coordinators gone, Coughlin gone, Its time for Jerry to go. Hopefully Mara does it properly and doesn't just promote from within, so he doesn't have to sack McAdoo too.
Old 14.11.2017, 02:17 PM
Rookie

At least we are looking good for a top draft pick

But before about worrying about the draft, I think a new GM and HC, DC etc... Doesn't need to be mid season, at this point we wouldnt want to start winning. That said a GM could be done earlier in order to get his ducks in a row and be ready to hit the ground running by Jan 2018

We need a rebuild for the future and not a band aid

I would love to see David Shaw from Stanford be the Giants HC next year. Put the BIG back into the BLUE. Big and physical is perfect fit for NY ethos. Saban is too expensive, and not convincing at Miami. Harbaugh is too problematic and distraction for a franchise like the Giants. Josh Mcdaniels is ofc in contention with his Belichick exp, but i still have questions with his stint at Denver. An interesting pick for HC is Steve Wilks the Panthers def coord, i think he deserves a shot at the top job, but i doubt Mara and Tisch would be that bold.

1. OL is a priority at this point, esp LT. If you can't pass protect or open holes for the running game then you need Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson, but we don't have that.

2. DL needs to step up. JPP is overpayed and needs to be traded to help with salary cap, i wanted him to succeed but ultimately he has failed to deliver like we had hoped in the earlier days. Need a more reliable pass rush.

3. LB is something to think about, Cassillas is in his twilight so a replacement needs to be considered and operational by 2019

4. QB 1 Eli is good not great, but he is capable so I am not out for his head. But he realistically only has a contract to 2019, so a replacement franchise QB should be work in progress at this point. No point paying top dollar for Eli after his contract runs out. So let's see Webb get some 2nd half play this season, esp in blowouts. Is this 3rd rounder viable as a franchise QB before committing a top draft pick. If not I would like Sam Darnold from USC if he is available or the Browns pick him.

If we can't get Darnold trade down and beef up the OL first priority and DL second.

No point wasting a top draft pick for RB, like Barkley, that have limited shelf lives esp without a decent line. Instead look for RB opportunities in FA., since Darkwa is capable esp if the OL is functional.

Hopefully we can get Baker Mayfield as QB in round 3 of the draft since he is too much of a gamble for a top pick. Not a fan of Lamar Jackson, I get that RG3 feeling. Anyway if that desperate, then may as well get Kaep for the mid term

Anyway this is fantasy, but i would like to see McAdon't, Reese and Spag out. They had their chance and we have all witnessed the disaster. I am all in for Shaw, ground and pound in your face football is NY essence , we are not hollywood fancy and flashy

My 2 cents

Last edited by lunarwolf; 14.11.2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwolf View Post
At least we are looking good for a top draft pick
I don't see a #1 pick changing our fortunes. So I guess we will trade down and go for volume, don't you think?

#1-3 pick would be a waste on a OT or a LB surely, and that seems to be what we need most.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
GOAT

i think its time to start giving the 4th quarter to Webb, we need to know if theres even a hint of something there.

the QB class is looking mixed but we should probably take one or trade it for a decent return.

i hope we get the 1st pick but we will probably stumble to a few more wins and make it a truly awful season picking 5/6th.