New York Jets Thread - Page 807 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 03.09.2018, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

We’ve signed OLB Jeremiah Attaochu. Had 6 sacks a couple of seasons ago, so hopefully he can give our pass rush a bit of an upgrade, but I don’t see him being a massive difference maker...
Sponsored Links
Old 04.09.2018, 08:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
We’ve signed OLB Jeremiah Attaochu. Had 6 sacks a couple of seasons ago, so hopefully he can give our pass rush a bit of an upgrade, but I don’t see him being a massive difference maker...
Absolutely, but if he stays fit he can at least provide some sort of pass rush. It was a position we really needed to have some sort of upgrade at. Fitness and a poor scheme fit seem to have been his main issues in the past. Hopefully he gives us something and that's one of our glaring problems addressed a little if not solved.
Old 04.09.2018, 04:34 PM
All Pro

Davis Webb signed to PS. Interestingly we seem to have given him a salary way above PS level and in line with what he could expect on the full roster. An effort to keep him here if another QB needy team comes knocking and an indication that he is a front runner to be the prime back up next year?
Old 04.09.2018, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Davis Webb signed to PS. Interestingly we seem to have given him a salary way above PS level and in line with what he could expect on the full roster. An effort to keep him here if another QB needy team comes knocking and an indication that he is a front runner to be the prime back up next year?
Yeah, it’s an interesting one. Surprised the Giants got rid, as I thought he was quite highly regarded by them...
Old 04.09.2018, 06:50 PM
Starter

I'm back following a pre season break. Tbh i have been waiting and waiting for a 'jet' move (aka silly) to be made and I'm delighted I can't see it anywhere.

1: No obvious need to sit Darnold. Different level to petty/hack etc. (IMO I think the hype is real and whilst he may stink a game or two we have our best chance at a franchise qb for several years.)

2: (sorry) the TB trade was well executed. Basically a swap of a 6 for a 3rd for 1 million in cap. If Darnold gets injured then it's unlikely we will be in the same position as the eagles last season, so picking high up might suit.

3: we are a top OL addition and a pass rusher from being 9-7 / 10-6 wild card standard. We might just go all in to win next off-season with some big signings.

4: scared about Monday as nearly everything has gone so well to date since late April!!!!!
Old 11.09.2018, 09:34 AM
All Pro

Okay, hands up if you saw that coming even in your wildest dreams! It's just one game but more than enough to suggest that we will be competent at least and far from the worst roster in the NFL. Takeaways:

Darnold, first throw aside, was as composed as you could hope for in a rookie game 1 starter and looked like a good NFL QB.
OL was good - opened big holes and decent pass pro. Need to maintain this against better competition.
Lee was just exceptional. If he can keep anything like that up the D is really in business.
Secondary can force turnovers.
We have a return game, at last.
We have 4 decent receivers. No stars, but it's hard to cover 4 guys.
The team is prepared, ready and look to have have an effective game plan.

A good day to be a Jets fan.
Old 11.09.2018, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Made a late decision to stay up and watch this one (start of an era and all that). 30 seconds in, I was wishing I’d gone to bed. Here we go again, the Football Gods having a good chuckle at us long suffering Jets fans, our laughing stock status as a franchise restored etc.

Still struggling to get my head round what happened after that, all I know is that it was bloody glorious! Darnold showing his much hyped bouncebackability, Q doing Q things, a consistently dangerous running game, we got two huge punt returns from our normally garbage ST and a Defense that (for the most part) swarmed to the ball. Even our pass rush turned up eventually (thank you Henry Anderson!).

I’m not going to go overboard here. It’s clear Darnold will have the usual rookie ups and downs, the pass protection looked dodgy until Ansah went out and you’re not going to pick off 5 passes every week. That’s not going to stop me enjoying this while it lasts though, or starting to feel a bit more optimistic about what’s to come.

Going to be a good week...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 11.09.2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11.09.2018, 11:03 AM
All Pro

I'm suffering too after staying up. And yes, I was looking for the cat to kick after about 10 seconds. So glad I stuck with it, at least until Sky switched games.

Forgot to say how impressive the whole O was and in particular the ease with which they moved the ball, even in the first half before the Lions imploded. I'm struggling to recall a time we looked that efficient on O in all phases.
Old 18.09.2018, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quick turnaround after the disappointing loss to Miami, which may or may not be a good thing. Just never got going on Sunday until we were well behind, and it ended up as a game of mistakes and missed opportunities.

Darnold played well for the most part, and was let down at times by his receivers. The pass protection wasn’t great either. The second interception, which Pryor has admitted was on him, was a killer. We’d just got on the scoreboard and immediately got the ball back on the Tannehill fumble, so another quick score there could have been pivotal. Instead, we gave it straight back and never seriously threatened after that.

Chris Herndon had a game to forget. Dropped what would have been a big gainer, failed to get out of bounds late in the first half (forcing us to burn our last timeout) then got stopped at the 1 on what proved to be the last play of the half. The Anderson fumble was avoidable, but you have to give credit to TJ McDonald for a great play on the first interception.

Thought the pass rush looked solid for the most part, Henry Anderson looks a steal in return for a 7th rounder. The long 3rd down conversion by Gore near the end was embarrassing, but I don’t think it really affected the result. We got killed in the field position battle, and I doubt their Punter will have a better game.

Not confident about the Cleveland game tbh. Their Defense has looked vastly improved so far against two of the best Offenses in the league, and we’re going to struggle with their pass rush. They always find a way to lose (or not win), but they’re not far away from ending their losing streak and I just hope that we’re not on the receiving end...
Old 19.09.2018, 08:46 AM
All Pro

Not confident about tomorrow either. The O has to find a way of slowing down the rush and establishing the run game. If we can do that I fancy our chances.

I've less concern about the D. The key will be containing Tyrod and making him pass.