Week 2. Giants @ Cowboys. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 13.09.2018, 11:41 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is online now
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Location: Charlton
Posts: 26,315
Default

what i love these days if you make a fair factual statement without any real malice in it, it will still be twisted to be a dig.


Landon said


"We're making sure we close the air out of their offensive running game, if we do that, put the ball in Dak's hands, I think we'll have a better shot at winning."


are there any Cowboys that disagree with that? (for me the key word is better rather than that it means we will win.)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12  
Old 14.09.2018, 09:04 AM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Location: Wigan
Posts: 16,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
what i love these days if you make a fair factual statement without any real malice in it, it will still be twisted to be a dig.


Landon said


"We're making sure we close the air out of their offensive running game, if we do that, put the ball in Dak's hands, I think we'll have a better shot at winning."


are there any Cowboys that disagree with that? (for me the key word is better rather than that it means we will win.)
Who twisted it? It's a sound statement to me, and even if it was a dig (which it wasn't) Dak hasn't done anything for a while to prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14.09.2018, 12:59 PM
nick_chicane's Avatar
nick_chicane nick_chicane is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 6,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
hopefully we can stop the run with no invisible Witten about we might be able to get the win.

but the longer the week goes all i can see is Lawrence getting to Eli on every play.
Lets not forget you seem to think Beasley is invisible too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14.09.2018, 01:06 PM
nick_chicane's Avatar
nick_chicane nick_chicane is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 6,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
what i love these days if you make a fair factual statement without any real malice in it, it will still be twisted to be a dig.


Landon said


"We're making sure we close the air out of their offensive running game, if we do that, put the ball in Dak's hands, I think we'll have a better shot at winning."


are there any Cowboys that disagree with that? (for me the key word is better rather than that it means we will win.)
You stop the best player. Its common sense.

I guess it depends how much more rapport Dak has had during the week with his receiving options. Dak did put up over 330 yards on the Giants defense last year at Metlife so it would be foolish to put all your eggs into stopping the run.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14.09.2018, 01:09 PM
nick_chicane's Avatar
nick_chicane nick_chicane is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 6,149
Default

I'm kinda glad this is Sunday Night Football because after sitting through the whole 60 minutes of the loss at Carolina I dont feel like sitting through this until 4.30 in the morning.

I honestly dont know how this is going to go. If the passing game is as messy as last week the Giants will probably have enough to win. It really depends how much they've been able to get to know each other this week. We cant win only using Zeke cause the line (without Frederick) really isn't up to running the ball all day.

Last edited by nick_chicane; 14.09.2018 at 01:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14.09.2018, 01:26 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is online now
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Location: Charlton
Posts: 26,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Who twisted it? It's a sound statement to me, and even if it was a dig (which it wasn't) Dak hasn't done anything for a while to prove otherwise.



the media as per.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14.09.2018, 01:58 PM
nick_chicane's Avatar
nick_chicane nick_chicane is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 6,149
Default

The media are always going to try and create a story, its how they work.

You could look at it two ways. Collins is saying Dak isn't very good or Collins is saying Zeke is very good.

Of course, the media are always going to pick option 1.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14.09.2018, 02:01 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is online now
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Location: Charlton
Posts: 26,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
The media are always going to try and create a story, its how they work.

You could look at it two ways. Collins is saying Dak isn't very good or Collins is saying Zeke is very good.

Of course, the media are always going to pick option 1.



i think beyond the twisting the bit that gets to me a bit is that they then act like little kids and pass the message on.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14.09.2018, 02:05 PM
Lonestar1963's Avatar
Lonestar1963 Lonestar1963 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 28.09.2014
Location: City of Tribes
Posts: 2,753
Default

L, ael is saying that!? Its worse than I thought!!...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14.09.2018, 04:30 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Location: Wigan
Posts: 16,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
the media as per.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i think beyond the twisting the bit that gets to me a bit is that they then act like little kids and pass the message on.
Dak's response was apparently 2 words long. 'Challenge accepted'.


The media twisting things or using misleading headlines does annoy me, but this has added an extra bit of 'fun' to an already interesting match up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:25 AM.