Petition for 3rd party ticket sellers - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 02.05.2018, 10:45 AM
Rookie

Default Petition for 3rd party ticket sellers

All

I'm sure I am not the only one who is sick and tired of what is going on with the ticketing situation regarding 3rd party ticket sellers mopping up most of the single game tickets and re-selling for a hefty price.

Personally I have a season ticket for the games(Luckily), but I am sick to the back teeth of these websites/ somehow legal touts screwing everyone over. Twitter was in a melt down yesterday and god knows what it will be like when the tickets go live for WHL.

So I decided (in 10 minutes of frustration) to start a petition to government to get the law changed regarding these 3rd party sellers, to make it illegal to re-sell tickets for the london series, much like they made ticket resale illegal for normal football games.

I feel we have a big enough community throughout Britain to make a difference here, so the real fans can actually afford a ticket to watch the sport we all love.

WE need 5 signatures to get it published, 10k to get a response from parliament and 100k to get it into parliament for discussion.

Please support the petition using the following link.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...mGGI8dI1p1k4js

Best Regards + Fins UP!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02.05.2018, 11:28 AM
Team Captain

Signed, as requested. Good luck!
Old 02.05.2018, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Nice work
Old 03.05.2018, 06:26 AM
Rookie

Try again later, petition is being aproved. Further more NFL could implement a rule similar to some concerts where the tickets/party holder has to provide ID to get in the venue, No if's no buts, Basically whoever's names on the ticket is the person coming in, non transferable.
Old 03.05.2018, 10:30 AM
Pro

The prices come down anyhow, as they don't sell... they are only for the very desperate currently. But until they implement a method for fans to return tickets they can't use, then you can't enact a ban on reselling them.
Old 03.05.2018, 12:05 PM
Rookie

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/991761511478636546
Old 03.05.2018, 05:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardomoorinho View Post
All

I'm sure I am not the only one who is sick and tired of what is going on with the ticketing situation regarding 3rd party ticket sellers mopping up most of the single game tickets and re-selling for a hefty price.

Personally I have a season ticket for the games(Luckily), but I am sick to the back teeth of these websites/ somehow legal touts screwing everyone over. Twitter was in a melt down yesterday and god knows what it will be like when the tickets go live for WHL.

So I decided (in 10 minutes of frustration) to start a petition to government to get the law changed regarding these 3rd party sellers, to make it illegal to re-sell tickets for the london series, much like they made ticket resale illegal for normal football games.

I feel we have a big enough community throughout Britain to make a difference here, so the real fans can actually afford a ticket to watch the sport we all love.

WE need 5 signatures to get it published, 10k to get a response from parliament and 100k to get it into parliament for discussion.

Please support the petition using the following link.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...mGGI8dI1p1k4js

Best Regards + Fins UP!!
the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee are looking at secondary ticket sites as part of the inquiry into live music, getting in touch with them might help.
https://www.parliament.uk/business/c...-launch-17-19/

becky
Old 04.05.2018, 10:42 AM
All Pro

There is no silver bullet for touting.

The heart of the problem is that the ticket supply is limited but people want to plan in advance. There is an expectation that demand will exceed supply, whether or not it does. If it does, tickets will inevitably be rationed (by whatever means, price, queuing, lottery) and some people will always end up feeling aggrieved.

You see the same thing in share issues. Big price spikes soon after issue, then they drop back. Also airlines, where tickets can be very expensive on the day they come out (stinging people who are terrified of not getting a seat), then gradually drop in price until a month before the flight, before spiking again to sting people who have no choice (people flying out for emergencies, funerals etc). Except that with flights you have more choice.

Stringent ID is all very well, but if your son can't make it and you want your daughter to come instead, shouldn't that be okay? Especially when you have a block of season tickets.

An economist might recommend a dutch auction. Sell all the tickets from day one, at 10 times the normal price, and then drop the price a little every day until they are all sold. That way everyone pays what the ticket is worth to them and the touts are eliminated (who will pay more later when the price is going down?). Just like airline seats, you would have to get used to the idea that everyone pays a different price.
Old 05.05.2018, 04:01 PM
Starter

If that policy is implemented then it'll be the end of me going to live games.

I currently have a season ticket. But I only want to go to Wembley games (various reasons, lets not go round that again). So I normally have spare tickets to sell.

So far I've sold my Twickenham tickets on GetMeIn for face value (or a bit lower). If I'm not allowed to sell my spare tickets legally then I just won't got at all.
Old 07.05.2018, 08:15 PM
All Pro

It's easily solved by having an official resale process like they had for the London Olympics