Few Questions - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 21.10.2010, 10:01 PM
Pro

Appreciate all the answers guys!

bundesrat-All good on the english, I have a few german friends and youre much ahead of them in that department, yours aint bad at all and I feel ya on the money part I've been wantin to get over to europe for years and right now thats the only thing holding me back, someday I'll make it out here though!

go_browns!- If I had a facebook I'd be joining but unfortunately I'm one of the 2% of people who dont have one And that beer is yours if you come, hell I'll even pick up my favorite(great lakes) and show you what good American micro-brew beer is!

leebladedawg- You're one of the lucky few with that package, I've been wanting to get that myself for fantasy football purposes but unfortunately my college job salary doesnt allow for it, not just yet at least And I must say though I have loads of friends down at OSU and have been in columbus for multiple games, not to mention bled scarlet and grey since I birth, I have yet to go to the Horseshoe. I finally got tickets though and I'll be attending my first game against Penn St in about 3 weeks now, so pumped! And I must say I wouldnt be opposed to London getting a team though its probably a ways off since it seems not even LA can get their hands on a franchise these days, definitely a good topic of debate though.

Go Browns and Go Bucks!
Old 23.10.2010, 08:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn6 View Post
Got a few questions from one of the few fans on here from the states. How often do you guys get a chance to see the brownies live on tv? Can you purchase something similar to an NFL package that would allow you to see multiple games live on TV every week? I've been to a few browns backers clubs when I've had to go out of town, do you guys have many similar groups over there? And do you guys take trips to the states to see the browns play? I've always wondered about this stuff in my hopes that the sport is spreading because of my love for the game.
Welcome aboard Blackburn

Live tv games well only chance is on sky - not very often- or tv links from webdawg on the browns backers site.

I have to wait a day or so after the game and download the full game off ten yard torrents.

Yes we have 2 browns backers clubs in the uk in London and Birmingham.

Alot of people tend to do their own trips trying to get a group trip over sorted out is a nightmare, although this year a think every bugger was over there for the home opener.

Was tempted by home opener but Ive gone for a sunny trip over this year going to Jags away, Panthers home, and dolphins away.

Trying to sort out travel to see the buckeyes vs michigan on sat before panthers game also.

As for london getting a team no chance as people over here have football n rugby teams they follow on a weekend.

A one off game is great but more than that and attendance will drop as lots come in from miles away from london and even ireland.

You would see a drop if we got 2 games at some point, as alot of people would choose 1 or other no way could alot afford 2 games.

Got to ask Blackburn? Crap fans, Crap stadium, ok'ish team and no game day atmosphere apart from 1 drum.

Why them?
Old 23.10.2010, 10:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
Welcome aboard Blackburn

Live tv games well only chance is on sky - not very often- or tv links from webdawg on the browns backers site.

I have to wait a day or so after the game and download the full game off ten yard torrents.

Yes we have 2 browns backers clubs in the uk in London and Birmingham.

Alot of people tend to do their own trips trying to get a group trip over sorted out is a nightmare, although this year a think every bugger was over there for the home opener.

Was tempted by home opener but Ive gone for a sunny trip over this year going to Jags away, Panthers home, and dolphins away.

Trying to sort out travel to see the buckeyes vs michigan on sat before panthers game also.

As for london getting a team no chance as people over here have football n rugby teams they follow on a weekend.

A one off game is great but more than that and attendance will drop as lots come in from miles away from london and even ireland.

You would see a drop if we got 2 games at some point, as alot of people would choose 1 or other no way could alot afford 2 games.

Got to ask Blackburn? Crap fans, Crap stadium, ok'ish team and no game day atmosphere apart from 1 drum.

Why them?
Ha Ha Ha ............................That ******* drum !!!!
Old 23.10.2010, 10:48 PM
Pro

Haha its my last name, they more chose me than I chose them, the Bet24 advertisements didnt hurt either, big gambling family
Old 24.10.2010, 12:12 AM
MVP

Quote:
Got a few questions from one of the few fans on here from the states. How often do you guys get a chance to see the brownies live on tv? Can you purchase something similar to an NFL package that would allow you to see multiple games live on TV every week? I've been to a few browns backers clubs when I've had to go out of town, do you guys have many similar groups over there? And do you guys take trips to the states to see the browns play? I've always wondered about this stuff in my hopes that the sport is spreading because of my love for the game.
I didn't read through all the answers so someone may have answered but yes you can buy DirectTV satellite service and watch any game any team every week or you can go to any sports bar and watch your team too.
Old 27.10.2010, 02:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Hello, from Finland.
I've purchased Gamepass (cost about 215€) so i can watch every game of every team if i like. Of course i watch every Browns game.
In my country there is no backer clubs (that i know of). I've always dreamed of travelling to Cleveland to watch Browns play but haven't had the money for it. Maybe some day. If Browns ever come to play in Europe I'm going to be there.
Old 27.10.2010, 06:58 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa78 View Post
Hello, from Finland.
I've purchased Gamepass (cost about 215€) so i can watch every game of every team if i like. Of course i watch every Browns game.
In my country there is no backer clubs (that i know of). I've always dreamed of travelling to Cleveland to watch Browns play but haven't had the money for it. Maybe some day. If Browns ever come to play in Europe I'm going to be there.
Wow Browns fans from all over europe, excellent
Old 27.10.2010, 07:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
haven't got gamepass watch my games live everyweek on the internet though(naughty i know but can't really stretch to gamepass with the way things are at the moment), also watch THE ohio state university every week either on espn over here if they're showing it or as mentioned above.

went to the horseshoe for a game few years ago when i was visiting family in ohio, saw the old browns stadium from a car window but haven't got no closer yet! Been back to the states since to visit but tend to go early summer so no chance to catch another football game yet, raised a buckeye and a brown and proud of it wouldn't want it any other way!
Old 27.10.2010, 08:25 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOB89 View Post
haven't got gamepass watch my games live everyweek on the internet though(naughty i know but can't really stretch to gamepass with the way things are at the moment), also watch THE ohio state university every week either on espn over here if they're showing it or as mentioned above.

went to the horseshoe for a game few years ago when i was visiting family in ohio, saw the old browns stadium from a car window but haven't got no closer yet! Been back to the states since to visit but tend to go early summer so no chance to catch another football game yet, raised a buckeye and a brown and proud of it wouldn't want it any other way!
Theres no other way to be! Wheres your family live? And no comment on the internet watching, I may or may not be watching a movie I downloaded right now
Old 28.10.2010, 04:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Haha its my last name, they more chose me than I chose them, the Bet24 advertisements didnt hurt either, big gambling family
Well Blackburn6 if you ever manage to visit Blackburn maybe you'll think again , (or change your'e surname! ! ) How can i describe it ?? ............Have you watched the film ' Deliverance ' ?