This Sunday's Sky games... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 11.10.2011, 12:01 PM
Pro

Default This Sunday's Sky games...

I don't post on here very often but I had to say something about the choice of early game this week...

WHY THE HELL IS NINERS @ LIONS NOT ON!!

This has to be THE best game this week, and it's being ignored in favour of the 1-4 Panthers @ the 2-3 Falcons.

Looks like i'll be glued to RedZone again this week then
Old 11.10.2011, 12:47 PM
All Pro

Some people are never happy!

We may be 2-3 but whenever we've been shown in the past couple of years whether that be on sky or Channel 4 or even ESPN we normally put on a good game. The Panthers may be 1-4 but most of their games have been close and they have an exciting new Quarterback and its a chance to see him in a full game for the first time. Plus its a divisional game so there will be no love lost on either side.
Old 11.10.2011, 12:54 PM
Pro

I wasn't having a go at the Falcons so 'calm down, calm down', I just don't think it's even close to being the best of the earlies this week.
Old 11.10.2011, 01:13 PM
Pro Bowler

If this season has shown anything, it's that no game can be predicted.

Most people complained that Sky showed the Bills v The Pats - everyone expect a dull blow out that would be a formality by half time - turned out to be a brilliant game.
Old 11.10.2011, 01:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Mixed feelings for me, I'm actually looking forward to Carolina v Atlanta. I've seen snippets of Newton whilst watching RedZone and I'm excited at the prospect of seeing him in a full game, especially a divisional game.

That said, Detroit v San Francisco does look a good one too. It would be a perfect Sky game, as it would satisfy those wanting a meaningful game between two in form teams (5-0 v 4-1) and it would also satisfy those who want to see the less fashionable teams - neither has featured much in recent years on Sky due to being pretty poor over that time.

On a general note, I'm not sure why Sky are releasing games in blocks. They usually do that for the first 3 weeks, but why did they release 4,5, and 6 so early and all in one hit? Had they waited until the usual 11 days before gameday, rather than 3-4 weeks ahead, they may have had a better handle on how things were unfolding.

They have just released Weeks 7&8 together - again, why? So much could happen before then and once again the landscape may change? Why not just go back to releasing one week at a time as late as possible as to pick the most relevant games.

I'm wondering if there is a 'gentlemans agreement' with Gamepass as to spread the games around a bit more as to not blackout too many of any one team. I'm shocked that New England v Pittsburgh hasn't been picked - I know many will applaud Sky for not being predictable and picking Detroit v Denver - but equally I feel many will be critical of Sky for not picking that clash.

Last edited by PavlovsDog; 11.10.2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11.10.2011, 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by seggy View Post
If this season has shown anything, it's that no game can be predicted.

Most people complained that Sky showed the Bills v The Pats - everyone expect a dull blow out that would be a formality by half time - turned out to be a brilliant game.
I think you will find most people didn't complain, because Sky didn't actually show that game as a main game.
Old 11.10.2011, 02:31 PM
All Pro

I said a it a few weeks ago, this game was the best one. I agree, why not wait to pick? Confusing.
Old 11.10.2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

The price you pay for picking games well in advance.
Old 11.10.2011, 03:51 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
The price you pay for picking games well in advance.
Yep, you're not wrong.

I'm enjoying RedZone anyway, but I really want to see my Niners on the main game. They were on a lot last season, mainly due to the Wembley game I guess... but it's a pity they were crap last year!

This season we're playing well but not getting a sniff on TV. Sods law!
Old 11.10.2011, 03:55 PM
All Pro

Im guessing the Browns will be another TV "no show" this season....?!