Randy Moss. Best Player currently in the NFL? - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

View Poll Results: Is Randy:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.06.2005, 08:19 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Randy Moss. Best Player currently in the NFL?

[quote author=Craig#10 link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=30#msg239756 date=1118173859]
not saying i am right thats just my opinion and i guess in a way its coz i really am not a fan of Randy Moss what so ever!
[/quote]

End of story. Harrison is Moss' *****.

(btw you can have your opinion, never tried to take that away from you, but you simple can not deny with the smallest amount of objectivity that Harrison is better than Moss)
Old 07.06.2005, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to ThaDon

[quote author=LSU link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=30#msg239786 date=1118175565]
[quote author=Craig#10 link=board=1;threadid=11065;start=30#msg239756 date=1118173859]
not saying i am right thats just my opinion and i guess in a way its coz i really am not a fan of Randy Moss what so ever!
[/quote]

End of story. Harrison is Moss' *****.

(btw you can have your opinion, never tried to take that away from you, but you simple can not deny with the smallest amount of objectivity that Harrison is better than Moss)
[/quote]

agreed
Old 07.06.2005, 08:24 PM
Starter

Send a message via AIM to Craig#10

Yea ok i can see your point but hey T.O. is still my #1 man and this really is from the heart lol at #2 WR forget Harrison L.C. HES BACK BABY !!

BTW im not being serious there about L.C. just incase you were thinking i have 0 knowledge about the NFL
Old 07.06.2005, 08:31 PM
All Pro

You can like whoever you want

But there are 3 positions in the NFL that are simply not debateable as to who's the best.

SS - Ed Reed

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson

WR - Randy Moss

There are a couple of others (MLB, OT) that are almost like that, but you could just about make a feasible case for either.
Old 07.06.2005, 10:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Also you do realize Moss is on a clear pace to break EVERY NFL receving record, yes?
Not strictly true LSU.

He's about 100 yard ahead of Rice's position that many seasons and three touchdowns behind him, according to something I read on the sports illustrated site.

His career average certainly is higher than JRs but Rice played throughout his thirties and into his forties damaging his average and Randy Moss hasn't have Jerry's post season impact.

Now why exactly all you Vikes fans defending Moss again? He's our man now, of course I don't disagree with you about Moss i'd rather have him than any of the current top echelon wide receivers.
Old 07.06.2005, 11:01 PM
All Pro

Post season stats are a different set of statistics though. He's on pace to beat Rice's records despite spending half of last year out or gimpy - that makes his production unbelievable..

He wont beat them cos he wont play till hes 67, but he'll have the most impressive set of career stats when all's said and done, and he's the WR i'd want if i had my life on one game.

He may play for you but Moss will always be a Viking.
Old 07.06.2005, 11:19 PM
All Pro

It was only counting Rices regular season stats...

But anyway Randy Moss is still really good, but I don't think he will ever manage 22 receiving touchdowns in fourteen games, though if anyone else is going to do that at the moment it would probably be Randy.

Old 08.06.2005, 06:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's on pace to beat Rice's records despite spending half of last year out or gimpy - that makes his production unbelievable..
What you fail to mention is that Rice started 95 games in his first 7 years compared to Moss' 104.

Quote:
He wont beat them cos he wont play till hes 67, but he'll have the most impressive set of career stats when all's said and done, and he's the WR i'd want if i had my life on one game.
That is completely unfair to Rice. Aside from Rice's 95 starts to Moss' 104 in the first 7 years, Rice also missed a virtually whole year to injury in 1997.

If Moss says healthy and continues to play at the same level that he has for the last 7 years, he would still need to play for over 10 years (until he's 38) to beat Rice's current yardage numbers, and almost 12 years to catch the same number of passes. On the bright side, he is "only" 7.5 years away from the TDs record.

Rices remained very productive in to his late 30's purely because he works harder than any other athlete in the NFL and is tremendously dedicated. Moss is on the opposite end of the spectrum- a great natural athlete, but with a big ego and poor attitude. That is why he won't get close to most of Rice's records or career achievements.

Its funny how the vikings fans all proclaim Moss to be unstoppable and far better than any other WR in the NFL, and yet he has NEVER led the NFL in receiving. Marvin Harrison - who according to some on the other thread - don't have the talent/skill to be considered amongst the greats has been more prductive than Moss over the last 6 years (Harrison has more receptions than Moss in 5 of the last 6 years, and more yardage than Moss in 4 of the last 6).

Moss is the best athlete playing WR in the NFL and may have the most natural talent, but he certianly isn't "miles ahead" of everyone else wher it matters: i.e. in terms of productivity.
Old 08.06.2005, 07:41 PM
All Pro

The fact that he's never led the league recieving is irrelevent - he's been the #1 guy without any serious #2 since Carter retired, and without any serious running game since Smith retired since he was at Minnesota - that makes him the sole focus. Rice had other people to deflect the attention away during his career, Moss hasn't had that.

Even drawing triple coverage a lot of the time he's still posted 1200 yard seasons and raked in the TDs.

Added to the fact that when he is shut down hes drawing so much coverage that there's acres of space for other lesser offensive weapons. Harrison has other people to deflect attention - look at last season - Wayne, Stokely, Pollard, Edge, AND Harrison...

In terms of productivity Moss heads Harrison in their first 7 years in the league. The fact that hes started every game bar his injury last year says something about the guy - he's the best weapon in the NFL and he's done it with less around him.

If you took Harrison away from the supporting cast and put him with what Moss has had over the last 7 years he wouldn't even be in Moss's shadow for stats.

I am aware though that as a Falcon fan you might not be able to remember what a decent WR looks like..