New York Jets Thread - Page 23 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 18.06.2005, 04:43 PM
MVP

Default Re:New York Jets Thread

It is nice to see Cimini Get burned and it just goes to show that if the team doesn't give the reporters the info,then their job becomes very difficult.I guess it is a privilege to be a beat writer for the Jets ;D
Old 18.06.2005, 05:34 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=210#msg246124 date=1119113020]
It is nice to see Cimini Get burned and it just goes to show that if the team doesn't give the reporters the info,then their job becomes very difficult.I guess it is a privilege to be a beat writer for the Jets ;D
[/quote]

When Chad offered up that opinion I'll never forget that someone in the crowd of reporters responded, 'It's a job'.

No. Mining is a job. Emptying dustbins is a job. Working in a factory is a job. If these guys don't know how lucky they are to make a living out of writing about football they need to take a reality check.

Must be the hot weather making me grumpy, but I used to be a sports reporter and I loved every minute of it, especially when people wouldn't give me a story, because that's when the fun started!
Old 18.06.2005, 05:38 PM
MVP

[quote author=ukjetsfan link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=210#msg246148 date=1119116043]
[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=210#msg246124 date=1119113020]
[/quote]

When Chad offered up that opinion I'll never forget that someone in the crowd of reporters responded, 'It's a job'.

No. Mining is a job. Emptying dustbins is a job. Working in a factory is a job. If these guys don't know how lucky they are to make a living out of writing about football they need to take a reality check.

Must be the hot weather making me grumpy, but I used to be a sports reporter and I loved every minute of it, especially when people wouldn't give me a story, because that's when the fun started!
[/quote]

I'm sure it was Cimini who shouted out "its our Job",he was the most vicious when laying into chad the next day in the paper.

What sport/team were you the reporter for?
Old 18.06.2005, 06:15 PM
All Pro

I was lucky enough to work for First Down for three seasons, from 1990, when I left university, till 1992. The job was great fun - it was an incredible group of young guys who just loved writing about football - but the money was not great because sales on the paper were flagging by then.

I still contribute the occasional sports piece to some websites and TV listings mags, but there just isn't any real money in it over here.

Reporting on the Monarchs was incredible and gave me a taste of dealing with a PR department that didn't necessarily want you to know everything that was going on!
Old 19.06.2005, 02:59 PM
MVP

[quote author=ukjetsfan link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=210#msg246189 date=1119118540]
I was lucky enough to work for First Down for three seasons, from 1990, when I left university, till 1992. The job was great fun - it was an incredible group of young guys who just loved writing about football - but the money was not great because sales on the paper were flagging by then.

I still contribute the occasional sports piece to some websites and TV listings mags, but there just isn't any real money in it over here.

Reporting on the Monarchs was incredible and gave me a taste of dealing with a PR department that didn't necessarily want you to know everything that was going on!
[/quote]

That sounds amazing,its a shame it didn't pay too well.Being a beat writer for the Jets would rank up very high on my dream job list.
Old 19.06.2005, 03:02 PM
MVP

It seems Woody has soften his stance on a stadium in Queens.

JETS' FLIGHT PLANS

Quote:
In Woody Johnson's first public remarks since the West Side stadium deal was spiked by Albany legislators, the Jets' owner called a touchdown in Queens not out of bounds.

"I don't even look at that as a defeat," he told The Post, referring to the proposed stadium's sacking. "We're gonna make something good happen for Jets fans. I promise you that."

In the past, Johnson has dodged calls for the Jets to land in Willets Point. Yesterday, he reversed thrust.

"I think Queens and Manhattan and all of our other sites that we can look at are something that we'll really take up in a couple of weeks and see where the dust settles," he added.
Old 19.06.2005, 05:35 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=225#msg246483 date=1119193373]
It seems Woody has soften his stance on a stadium in Queens.

JETS' FLIGHT PLANS

Quote:
In Woody Johnson's first public remarks since the West Side stadium deal was spiked by Albany legislators, the Jets' owner called a touchdown in Queens not out of bounds.

"I don't even look at that as a defeat," he told The Post, referring to the proposed stadium's sacking. "We're gonna make something good happen for Jets fans. I promise you that."

In the past, Johnson has dodged calls for the Jets to land in Willets Point. Yesterday, he reversed thrust.

"I think Queens and Manhattan and all of our other sites that we can look at are something that we'll really take up in a couple of weeks and see where the dust settles," he added.
[/quote]

Sounds hopeful
Old 20.06.2005, 08:14 AM
All Pro

I really hope Woody doesn't just give up on this and accept a joint-tenancy in a new stadium with the Giants. Even though that would be better than the current Giants Stadium (at least it wouldn't be named after another team!) a stadium of their own would be far preferable.

Maybe the Manhattan project was just too ambitious.
Old 20.06.2005, 01:38 PM
Starter

Send a message via AIM to Craig#10

[quote author=ukjetsfan link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=225#msg246674 date=1119255270]
I really hope Woody doesn't just give up on this and accept a joint-tenancy in a new stadium with the Giants. Even though that would be better than the current Giants Stadium (at least it wouldn't be named after another team!) a stadium of their own would be far preferable.

Maybe the Manhattan project was just too ambitious.
[/quote]

Well considering the Giants want to go into co-ownership with the Jets which i think is the best move all round for both parties they will not name it Giants Stadium if both teams are co-owning right from the start so the name of the stadium you dont need to worry about;
Old 20.06.2005, 06:45 PM
All Pro

If West Side Stadium doesn't get built (God forbid) will that knacker New York's chances of winning the 2012 Olympics bid?