New York Jets Thread - Page 26 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 30.06.2005, 07:44 PM
All Pro

Default Re:New York Jets Thread

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=240#msg251108 date=1120149390]
He originally signed with Utah in 1997, then left for a religious mission in Pittsburgh from 1998-2000. He received the heroism award from the Mountain West Conference after rescuing a woman from a smoke-filled apartment in 2002.
[/quote]

I like the sound of this guy!
Old 03.07.2005, 12:39 PM
All Pro

Dunno if this heas already been posted (sorry if it has) but the Jets have just signed Aussie Rules Fooball player Ben Graham as punter.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/inde...tions_id=#2025
Old 03.07.2005, 06:05 PM
DarthJet

I so hope Graham makes the team, if he can take to it all quickly we could end up with a steal, be cool to see him take a snap in a game then go after the defense!
Old 03.07.2005, 06:42 PM
All Pro

I reckon Graham probably will make the team. Micah Knorr isn't exactly the best punter out there.
Old 06.07.2005, 05:26 PM
Starter

Send a message via AIM to Craig#10

[quote author=Boycey link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=240#msg251895 date=1120416124]
I reckon Graham probably will make the team. Micah Knorr isn't exactly the best punter out there.
[/quote]

IMHO Micah Knorr sucks - we would be better off signing Vinny to punt for us!! No i am hoping this guy gets the starting spot also as i think he has a much stronger leg from clips i have seen of him and he can tackle!! (although probably will not ever get one)

p.s. i am hoping to go to Raiders @ Jets on December the 11th and just wondered based on experience where is the best place to get tickets from?? Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks guys.
Old 06.07.2005, 07:07 PM
Team Captain

Went to Jets - Seahawks this past season. All Jets games are sold out to season ticket holders, although quite a few end up on the blackmarket to ticket agencies and dodgy men at the Port Authority Bus Terminal/Meadowlands car parks.

I bought my tickets above cost price from 'tktsman' on e-bay, had the tickets very fast but I don't particularly trust e-bay, make sure you check the sellers feedback using www.toolhaus.org.

Ticket brokers have a ridiculous mark up on the tickets, I think you would definitely be able to get the tickets on the day from a tout, but whether you want to risk it is up to you.

Giants stadium has superb sight lines from any position, I was in the upper tier and had a superb view. If there is anything else I can help with you just ask!
Old 07.07.2005, 11:06 AM
MVP

A guy has made a torrent of the Giants@Jets game of the week in 2003.

http://mininova.org/tor/68689
Old 11.07.2005, 10:25 PM
MVP

Jets Sign Another Draft Pick

Jets Sign 5th Round Pick Maddox

The New York Jets announced Monday the signing of fifth-round selection (161st overall) safety Andre Maddox. The announcement was made by Jets’ Executive Vice President and General Manager Terry Bradway.

Maddox, a 6-1, 200-pound product of North Carolina State, finished his career with 341 tackles, eight sacks, one fumble forced, one fumble recovered and 17 passes defended in 47 games played. During his senior year at NC State, he played in 10 games, with seven starts, and recorded 40 tackles, two sacks and four passes defended. Maddox earned first-team All-ACC honors as a junior after he paced the team in tackles in eight games and posted nine double-figure tackle games on his way to leading his team in tackles with 145. He started every game of the season at "roverback," in his sophomore season on the ACC’s top defense, and was the unit’s second-leading tackler with 126 stops. Maddox saw action in 11 games as a freshman, including the Tangerine Bowl contest.

Maddox is the third Jets’ draft choice to sign a contract, joining running back Cedric Houston (sixth round) and defensive tackle Sione Pouha (third round). The New York Jets report to training camp on Thursday, July 28.

-----------------------
3 down 5 to go and just under 3 weeks till the first day of training camp.
Old 12.07.2005, 07:47 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=255#msg253126 date=1120734408]
A guy has made a torrent of the Giants@Jets game of the week in 2003.

http://mininova.org/tor/68689
[/quote]

I can't bear to watch Jets losses!
Old 12.07.2005, 11:08 AM
MVP

Hanging with a new and improved Chad
By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(July 11, 2005) -- Questions about Jets quarterback Chad Pennington's surgically repaired shoulder are starting to disappear, right along with whatever days off players have before training camp begins.

Over the past couple of weeks, Pennington has been consistently throwing the football 30 yards without any problems. Those who have seen him say that Pennington looks sharp, and though his workload likely will be scaled back during training camp, he will be ready when his teammates report on July 29. At this point, there is no doubt that Pennington will be ready for the Chiefs in Kansas City for the season opener on Sept. 11.

Further proving Pennington's readiness and anxiousness for the start of camp are the actions he has taken. This month, Pennington arranged for each of his top four wide receivers -- Laveranues Coles, Justin McCareins, Jerricho Cotchery and Wayne Chrebet -- to travel to Sarasota, Fla., for extended workouts together. The quarterback and receivers have been spending time getting their timing down, learning the Jets' new offense, and trying to get as far ahead as they can with training camp just over two weeks away. If Pennington wasn't healthy enough, he never would have booked the trip. But Pennington has turned up the heat on himself in preparation for what awaits him this summer on Long Island.

The Jet that really feels invigorated this offseason is not Pennington, but Chrebet, who believes he can ring up a Pro Bowl-type season. Chrebet feels so healthy, so fresh, so excited about the new offense that he now is expecting numbers more in line with the ones he put up during the 2002 season, when he caught 51 passes for 691 yards and nine touchdowns. What's interesting about this is, after last season when Chrebet suffered the latest in a series of concussions, some people speculated that the wide receiver would retire. But Chrebet, who turns 32 next month, didn't. Instead, he is returning for his 11th NFL season with all the excitement of his first. If he can avoid another concussion, Chrebet will be a factor again in the Jets offense.
------------------------------
You can watch the video report from Adam Schefter here
------------------------------
What a guy,you can bash his arm all you want but Chad is a team player and is determined to get us to the superbowl.