Opinions and Thoughts needed for possible new Falcons book. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 04.02.2013, 05:33 PM
Pro

Default Opinions and Thoughts needed for possible new Falcons book.

I was hoping for some feed back; call it market research on a potential new Falcons related book.

In short it would be a book written by an Atlanta Falcons fan, going through the emotions and highs and lows of a year in the life of an Atlanta Falcons fan.

Of course the majority would cover the actual season and again may depend on the type of season the Falcons have, for example if the Falcons go 7-9 and miss the playoffs who would want to re-live a season like that? Obviously what we are hoping for is a season similar to the one we just had only with a better ending!

The book will not have any exclusives with players or coaches as it is not that type of book. It is a book written by a passionate fan that will contain anecdotes, thoughts and opinion, hopefully with some irony and humour.

You, as a fan can relate to it because you go through the same emotions and have the same passion for your team.

If, when the season starts in September, the Atlanta Falcons takes over your life until February this book could be for you.
………………………………………… ………………………………………….

With the slightly limited information provided is this a book that you would be interested in reading?

Would you read it or know somebody that would?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

(I'm on twitter @davefalcon90)
Old 02.03.2013, 01:32 PM
Pro Bowler

It has already been done, albeit not about the falcons.

Nick Hornby's "Fever Pitch" is a great exploration of the ups and downs of being a sports fan, and the psyche of a supporter. NFL wise, Fred Exley's "A Fans Notes" does a simialr thing, albeit that his sports fandom and obsessiveness is just a part of the narrative, which more of an exploration of the writer's character. There are several books out there, by journalists/writers who have spent seasons with the team itself, following the highs and lows of a single season etc.

The difficulty with the book that you propose, is that - living over here - you will be quite detached from the games thesleves. I doubt that a book setting out your thoughts and feeling on games you are watching or listening to over the internet or on TV, is going to offer anything new or exciting to others. In my view it really needs a different perspective, and you need to be closer to the games, where the atmosphere and emotion is so much more intense.

I've thought about doing something similar. If I was to do so, I would buy a season ticket and fly to the US for every home and away game, or have a season long road trip to the US crossing the country to attend all the games. That would certainly give an differernt perspective, and would give you enough travel related stories in addition to the highs and lows of the football games themselves, to make write a great book.

Last edited by Devilfalc; 02.03.2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02.03.2013, 01:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime90 View Post
I was hoping for some feed back; call it market research on a potential new Falcons related book.

In short it would be a book written by an Atlanta Falcons fan, going through the emotions and highs and lows of a year in the life of an Atlanta Falcons fan.

Of course the majority would cover the actual season and again may depend on the type of season the Falcons have, for example if the Falcons go 7-9 and miss the playoffs who would want to re-live a season like that? Obviously what we are hoping for is a season similar to the one we just had only with a better ending!

The book will not have any exclusives with players or coaches as it is not that type of book. It is a book written by a passionate fan that will contain anecdotes, thoughts and opinion, hopefully with some irony and humour.

You, as a fan can relate to it because you go through the same emotions and have the same passion for your team.

If, when the season starts in September, the Atlanta Falcons takes over your life until February this book could be for you.
………………………………………… ………………………………………….

With the slightly limited information provided is this a book that you would be interested in reading?

Would you read it or know somebody that would?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

(I'm on twitter @davefalcon90)
I'd buy it. Sounds like it could be interesting.