Need new coach and gm? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 20.11.2013, 10:48 PM
Pro Bowler

TD is fine, but Smith is a total liability. He's an appalling game and clock manager, who has a knack for consistently doing the wrong thing. He plays key starters getting them hurt in meaningless games, calls TOs when he shouldn't, fails to call TO's when he should, punts when he should go for it etc.

He is gutless. He plays not to lose, stifling our offense in the process and relying on our defense to hold on when 2 scores up, rather than trying to keep scoring. He has no guts or aggression, and a handful of uncharacteristic aggressive calls in 5 years doesn't change that.

Our gameplan in the Giants playoff game 2 years ago, was the worst and most embarrassing I've seen in 25+ years. We wasted our time even boarding the plane, as we essentially forfeited the game with our gutless gameplan drawn up by Mularkey and approved by Smith.

Smith might be a nice guy, but he's a horrible head coach. If someone said he was the worst in the league, I wouldn't disagree.
Old 22.11.2013, 03:03 AM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

News based of TNF HT

Blank has said Smith and TD are back next year
Roddy is getting an extension - I expect it will move some money backwards to help with any FA signings.
No news on an extension for Julio yet though...I'd wait and make sure he comes back fine.
Old 22.11.2013, 11:26 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_91 View Post
News based of TNF HT

Blank has said Smith and TD are back next year
Roddy is getting an extension - I expect it will move some money backwards to help with any FA signings.
No news on an extension for Julio yet though...I'd wait and make sure he comes back fine.
With the injury Julio has, no way is he going to be offered a new deal until he plays a significant number of games next year. Very concerned with the long-term implications.
Old 08.12.2013, 09:20 PM
All Pro

Smith has to go. Losing to an Rodgerless Packers side is embarrassing. I haven't been so disillusioned with a sports team ever (Liverpool under Roy Hodgson came close).
Old 08.12.2013, 10:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Should've punted on 4th and 2 before the missed field goal.

The D did fine but again who fails to turn up in the 2nd half with more cap space set aside for them?????