This is how SB 51 plays out.....so predictable - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 23.01.2017, 04:23 PM
Starter

Default This is how SB 51 plays out.....so predictable

Pats win the coin toss and defer, preferring to receive the 2nd half kickoff.
Close first half...not much scoring. Non - NE fans get their hopes up.
Endless annoying close ups of celebrities in the crowd who aren't even watching the game , but fiddling on their phones.
2nd half Pats score on first possession after taking kickoff.
Falcons crumble under pressure, and by end of3rd quarter the game gets away from them as Ryan tosses up picks trying to catch up. The SB stage is all too much for the younger players.
Pats win - what a surprise. Falcons players appear happy just to have been there, and vow to learn from the experience and come back next year (never happens unless you are NE - see Carolina last year)
Brady MVP again...yawn....

Tell me you see something different......pleeeeeease....
Old 23.01.2017, 04:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean42 View Post
I see something a little different. I'd expect the Falcons to play well on offence, and execute well on offence all day, because that is what they do. I'd expect the Patriots to find a way to win, because that is what they do.
Old 23.01.2017, 04:51 PM
Pro Bowler

I think it will be a cracking game, Atlanta is a juggernaught and they are playing inside a dome, granted Ryan won't be getting the same amount of time but they spread the ball around well and defense has improved to a competent level. I think they have a real chance to win.
Old 23.01.2017, 04:53 PM
MVP

On yesterdays games... I see a win for the Falcons.

They need to start strong though. I think they can do it.
Old 23.01.2017, 04:53 PM
Starter

Oh, and I forgot to add....BB masterful game plan takes away Julio Jones to render him a non-factor with just 4 grabs for only 36 yards on 11 targets.
He says " You try and beat us with Sanu and Gabriel "...which of course they won't be able to...
Old 23.01.2017, 04:57 PM
All Pro

Atlanta will win by 10 points. The Packers came into the Georgia Dome and sucked. The Steelers came into Gillette Stadium and sucked. Prior to that though, the Patriots looked vulnerable.

Go Falcons! I'm cheering for the Falcons because three years ago I did the Georgia Dome stadium tour, and unlike, for example, the Cowboys stadium tour, it was a homespun affair where they charged you five bucks or something and it went into a charity jar on the counter. Clearly, at the new Falcons stadium the tours will no doubt become like JerryWorld - more corporate and organised, but the old tour was great. Whoever was around at the time showed you around the place and it was refreshingly old-school.

Old 23.01.2017, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Pats win the coin toss and defer, preferring to receive the 2nd half kickoff.
Close first half...not much scoring. Non - NE fans get their hopes up.
Endless annoying close ups of celebrities in the crowd who aren't even watching the game , but fiddling on their phones.
2nd half Pats score on first possession after taking kickoff.
Falcons crumble under pressure, and by end of3rd quarter the game gets away from them as Ryan tosses up picks trying to catch up. The SB stage is all too much for the younger players.
Pats win - what a surprise. Falcons players appear happy just to have been there, and vow to learn from the experience and come back next year (never happens unless you are NE - see Carolina last year)
Brady MVP again...yawn....

Yep, that looks about right...
Old 23.01.2017, 07:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to add....BB masterful game plan takes away Julio Jones to render him a non-factor with just 4 grabs for only 36 yards on 11 targets.
He says " You try and beat us with Sanu and Gabriel "...which of course they won't be able to...
That would mean shutting Julio down by using one defender then?

Quite a few games Julio has had next to no statistical production yet the team has produced. Quinn encourages the team competition aspect of it.

Or look at the Denver game against the "no fly zone".

Best get the cuppa ready for an early night on Superbowl Sunday.
Old 24.01.2017, 01:47 PM
All Pro

Hope it doesn't pan out like that, but this is the reason I didn't book a day off work, please god the Falcs make a game of it, or better still win!
Old 24.01.2017, 03:39 PM
All Pro

This Falcons 'juggernaut' lost at home to the San Diego Chargers and looked completely ordinary while doing so. Can't see any realistic outcome other than a comfortable Pats win. Seen this time and time again in the NFL. Flashy big name offence counts for nothing when crap like the Chargers can roll into your home stadium and hang 30+ points on you. The Patriots themselves have been victimised by being completely lopsided in the past. This Falcons team is no different.