Week 1. Chiefs @ Patriots - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 08.09.2017, 08:22 AM
All Pro

Oh and also Jordan Richards playing linebacker is the most baffling decision since someone decided to play Jordan Devey.

How on earth he made the final roster I will never know - awful player
Old 08.09.2017, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagfan81 View Post
Geez Rook, way to introduce yourself to the NFL

Think the Chiefs lack of a quality RB may hurt them this year. They need the run game.
You were saying?

Fair to say I didn't see that result coming! Doesn't mean anything in the long run obviously, but it's always good to see the Patriots take a beating.

Huge blow for the Chiefs to lose Eric Berry though, hard to see that Defense being anywhere near as effective without him...
Old 08.09.2017, 08:52 AM
All Pro

Well I decided to go to bed at 10ish and got up at 4am to watch this, I don't think I could have waited a whole working day to welcome the NFL back.

The pre-game atmosphere was certainly rocking and dare I say, rather over self-congratulatory at Gillette but I'm no Patriots hater and it still got me smiling and hyped.

I'd say a surprise result rather than a "sky is falling" type shock win. Chiefs looked very good, especially Hill and Hunt, shame about all the injuries to key players on both sides so early in the season. The Patriots started fast but no passing TD was probably telling. Will be interesting to see how they adjust going forward.

..and we're off!
Old 08.09.2017, 09:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Missed the Berry injury, the flaw in watching condensed games I suppose.

Good to see an upset on opening weekend. That's not an anti-Patriots comment, it's just nice to see the status quo challenged every now and again.

Is the Chiefs offense that explosive now or is the Pats D fatally flawed? I know the Pats are struggling in the trenches but I didn't see Bill giving up 42 points on opening night! Hunt looks like a gem, obviously.
Old 08.09.2017, 09:44 AM
Team Captain

I backed the Chiefs last night at a very generous 5/1 .... Kerching !!!!!

My only logic to predicting that outcome was the "Madden Curse" , I had visions of Brady taking a big hit and picking up an injury, which wasn't they case, they just stunk on D.

As I logged on to look at my winnings this morning, I noticed that Sky were still offering the Pats to finish 16-0 @ a very generous 25/1 if anyone is interested ..............
Old 08.09.2017, 09:56 AM
Team Captain

Not the start the Patriots wanted but in real terms the Pats are at least 4-1 because they'll easily beat the Jets and Bills home and away, they'll probably split games with the Fins so that's 5-1, then we'll see how they do with the rest of their schedule.

Man, I would LOVE to put them in the NFC East for a few seasons, would be interesting to add them to the rivalry of the Giants/Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins.

Yes I know that makes 5 teams so the Pats could swap with the Cowboys if required lol.
Old 08.09.2017, 11:21 AM
MVP

Great to see the Patriots lose, even greater to know I wasn't up against a team with Hunt in it this week in fantasy. Looking forward to catching the highlights later.
Old 08.09.2017, 11:46 AM
All Pro

Who knew the Chiefs have a high powered offence. Big statment from them.
Old 08.09.2017, 11:57 AM
All Pro

Great win for the Chiefs. Andy Reid has created an offence a lot of people thought wouldn't work in the NFL. Hopefully this is the year the Pats decline a bit so we see two different teams in the AFC Championship game (yes I'm being bitter cause of SB51) but I think they'll bounce back and still win 12 games minimum.
Old 08.09.2017, 12:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Horrible game as a DEN fan (ie wanting both teams to lose) but after the pre-game non-stop barrage of 'NE are the best', 'can they go 19-0 to make history' blah puke blah I actually found myself wanting KC to win.

NE's defense fell apart. I don't think KC will find it that easy most weeks.

Ultimately an enjoyable game to start the season off.

23-0 to make proper history.