Farewell to the forum - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 04.07.2019, 11:33 AM
Rookie

From the poster formerly known as Neptune (can't log in under that, quelle surprise)

I wont say what I want to say about how this site has been managed since Hank left because I might banned (again)Anyway you have all said it better than I could.
Suffice to say NFLUK was slowly killed off by apathy, It used to be such a great place to visit to exchange ideas, thoughts and banter.
I'm not listing everyone on here but you are all a good bunch, thanks.
To the mods a special thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.
To all the Dolphin Fans on here we had two FF leagues and prediction game -Good days thank you all

Neptune has been stalking UKNFLFANS but its mainly a shout box site, perhaps if I got off my **** and posted something it would help.
Neptune has applied for FF as well
Hmm even Neptunes Nemesis is referring to Neptune in the third person.
Stay well, stay healthy, keep supporting your teams. (will Mano or a certain Browns fan be back?).

I'm logging off for the last time
Thanks again all

Last edited by Neptunes Nemesis; 04.07.2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04.07.2019, 12:42 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunes Nemesis View Post
From the poster formerly known as Neptune (can't log in under that, quelle surprise)

I wont say what I want to say about how this site has been managed since Hank left because I might banned (again)Anyway you have all said it better than I could.
Suffice to say NFLUK was slowly killed off by apathy, It used to be such a great place to visit to exchange ideas, thoughts and banter.
I'm not listing everyone on here but you are all a good bunch, thanks.
To the mods a special thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.
To all the Dolphin Fans on here we had two FF leagues and prediction game -Good days thank you all

Neptune has been stalking UKNFLFANS but its mainly a shout box site, perhaps if I got off my **** and posted something it would help.
Neptune has applied for FF as well
Hmm even Neptunes Nemesis is referring to Neptune in the third person.
Stay well, stay healthy, keep supporting your teams. (will Mano or a certain Browns fan be back?).

I'm logging off for the last time
Thanks again all

And Thank you to running the Dolfan Tipster games and providing the great prize for winning it I will miss the chat with the other UK Dolfans.
Old 05.07.2019, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty funny how the forum is now letting people register again, after months of not being able to do so, just in time for the final shutdown...
Old 05.07.2019, 08:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Pretty funny how the forum is now letting people register again, after months of not being able to do so, just in time for the final shutdown...
Even though there didn't seem to be a way to do it (that I knew of) new members still used to appear in the 'welcome to our newest member' slot on the forum index. They rarely, if ever, posted anything but new members definitely kept appearing in recent months.

I wonder if it's related to ticket sales. A 'check/uncheck this box' type deal when using other areas of the NFLUK site or it's affiliates?
Old 05.07.2019, 04:34 PM
All Pro

One thing we need to do is to keep challenging NFLUK on their attitude. Hold them and their supporters to account over the forum / ticket debacle.

NFLUK hold enough events where fans can ask questions hopefully someone can publically ask them to explain their actions. Clearly the media are the likes of Neil Reynolds aren't doing it

They need to explain themselves
Old 05.07.2019, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

It certainly won’t be Reynolds. He’s just a paid cheerleader for NFLUK.
Old 05.07.2019, 04:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
It certainly won’t be Reynolds. He’s just a paid cheerleader for NFLUK.
Well yes. I was being too polite.
Old 07.07.2019, 11:59 PM
Hall of Fame

I’m going to defend Reynolds here. A few years ago, I called him a ‘yes man’ on this forum, something to do with a rookie show on Sky but I forget the details.

Anyway, Neil sent me a PM and was quite honest that he obviously has to respect his employers but he did see why I made my comments. He seemed a decent guy.

I also remember when someone called him a minge and instead of getting upset, he laughed it off and even joked about his wife logging onto the forum to call him names.

Interestingly WayneEllis linked the thread recently even though it’s years old to find that utter chump Halling had made disparaging comments about me. I may as well say it now, Halling was an absolute cunthole and one of the most paranoid pricks I have ever seen. An absolute assclown.

On a less pleasant note, I find it unlikely Reynolds has time to fight for the forum, his wife has cancer, so I understand why he has far better things to be concerned about.
Old 08.07.2019, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I’m going to defend Reynolds here. A few years ago, I called him a ‘yes man’ on this forum, something to do with a rookie show on Sky but I forget the details.

Anyway, Neil sent me a PM and was quite honest that he obviously has to respect his employers but he did see why I made my comments. He seemed a decent guy.

I also remember when someone called him a minge and instead of getting upset, he laughed it off and even joked about his wife logging onto the forum to call him names.

Interestingly WayneEllis linked the thread recently even though it’s years old to find that utter chump Halling had made disparaging comments about me. I may as well say it now, Halling was an absolute cunthole and one of the most paranoid pricks I have ever seen. An absolute assclown.

On a less pleasant note, I find it unlikely Reynolds has time to fight for the forum, his wife has cancer, so I understand why he has far better things to be concerned about.
You’re not really allowed to use the word cunthole on here. Please refrain from any future instances of saying cunthole. Thank you...
Old 08.07.2019, 09:29 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
You’re not really allowed to use the word cunthole on here. Please refrain from any future instances of saying cunthole. Thank you...
wow, Wayne, I didn't realise you were allowed to use 8 letter swear words on this forum
although it does explain how Qualcomm could be used without filter...

(Please don't ban me, I have a wife and kids
Ban them instead...)