Farewell to the forum - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

  #61  
Old 04.07.2019, 11:33 AM
Neptunes Nemesis Neptunes Nemesis is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 26.08.2014
Posts: 3
Default

From the poster formerly known as Neptune (can't log in under that, quelle surprise)

I wont say what I want to say about how this site has been managed since Hank left because I might banned (again)Anyway you have all said it better than I could.
Suffice to say NFLUK was slowly killed off by apathy, It used to be such a great place to visit to exchange ideas, thoughts and banter.
I'm not listing everyone on here but you are all a good bunch, thanks.
To the mods a special thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.
To all the Dolphin Fans on here we had two FF leagues and prediction game -Good days thank you all

Neptune has been stalking UKNFLFANS but its mainly a shout box site, perhaps if I got off my **** and posted something it would help.
Neptune has applied for FF as well
Hmm even Neptunes Nemesis is referring to Neptune in the third person.
Stay well, stay healthy, keep supporting your teams. (will Mano or a certain Browns fan be back?).

I'm logging off for the last time
Thanks again all

Last edited by Neptunes Nemesis; 04.07.2019 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04.07.2019, 12:42 PM
Paul_Dixon's Avatar
Paul_Dixon Paul_Dixon is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.11.2006
Posts: 1,487
Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunes Nemesis View Post
From the poster formerly known as Neptune (can't log in under that, quelle surprise)

I wont say what I want to say about how this site has been managed since Hank left because I might banned (again)Anyway you have all said it better than I could.
Suffice to say NFLUK was slowly killed off by apathy, It used to be such a great place to visit to exchange ideas, thoughts and banter.
I'm not listing everyone on here but you are all a good bunch, thanks.
To the mods a special thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.
To all the Dolphin Fans on here we had two FF leagues and prediction game -Good days thank you all

Neptune has been stalking UKNFLFANS but its mainly a shout box site, perhaps if I got off my **** and posted something it would help.
Neptune has applied for FF as well
Hmm even Neptunes Nemesis is referring to Neptune in the third person.
Stay well, stay healthy, keep supporting your teams. (will Mano or a certain Browns fan be back?).

I'm logging off for the last time
Thanks again all

And Thank you to running the Dolfan Tipster games and providing the great prize for winning it I will miss the chat with the other UK Dolfans.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05.07.2019, 06:58 AM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Pretty funny how the forum is now letting people register again, after months of not being able to do so, just in time for the final shutdown...
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05.07.2019, 08:36 AM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Pretty funny how the forum is now letting people register again, after months of not being able to do so, just in time for the final shutdown...
Even though there didn't seem to be a way to do it (that I knew of) new members still used to appear in the 'welcome to our newest member' slot on the forum index. They rarely, if ever, posted anything but new members definitely kept appearing in recent months.

I wonder if it's related to ticket sales. A 'check/uncheck this box' type deal when using other areas of the NFLUK site or it's affiliates?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05.07.2019, 04:34 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

One thing we need to do is to keep challenging NFLUK on their attitude. Hold them and their supporters to account over the forum / ticket debacle.

NFLUK hold enough events where fans can ask questions hopefully someone can publically ask them to explain their actions. Clearly the media are the likes of Neil Reynolds aren't doing it

They need to explain themselves
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05.07.2019, 04:54 PM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,471
Default

It certainly won’t be Reynolds. He’s just a paid cheerleader for NFLUK.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05.07.2019, 04:58 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
It certainly won’t be Reynolds. He’s just a paid cheerleader for NFLUK.
Well yes. I was being too polite.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07.07.2019, 11:59 PM
PavlovsDog's Avatar
PavlovsDog PavlovsDog is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 06.11.2004
Posts: 18,431
Default

I’m going to defend Reynolds here. A few years ago, I called him a ‘yes man’ on this forum, something to do with a rookie show on Sky but I forget the details.

Anyway, Neil sent me a PM and was quite honest that he obviously has to respect his employers but he did see why I made my comments. He seemed a decent guy.

I also remember when someone called him a minge and instead of getting upset, he laughed it off and even joked about his wife logging onto the forum to call him names.

Interestingly WayneEllis linked the thread recently even though it’s years old to find that utter chump Halling had made disparaging comments about me. I may as well say it now, Halling was an absolute cunthole and one of the most paranoid pricks I have ever seen. An absolute assclown.

On a less pleasant note, I find it unlikely Reynolds has time to fight for the forum, his wife has cancer, so I understand why he has far better things to be concerned about.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08.07.2019, 04:17 AM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I’m going to defend Reynolds here. A few years ago, I called him a ‘yes man’ on this forum, something to do with a rookie show on Sky but I forget the details.

Anyway, Neil sent me a PM and was quite honest that he obviously has to respect his employers but he did see why I made my comments. He seemed a decent guy.

I also remember when someone called him a minge and instead of getting upset, he laughed it off and even joked about his wife logging onto the forum to call him names.

Interestingly WayneEllis linked the thread recently even though it’s years old to find that utter chump Halling had made disparaging comments about me. I may as well say it now, Halling was an absolute cunthole and one of the most paranoid pricks I have ever seen. An absolute assclown.

On a less pleasant note, I find it unlikely Reynolds has time to fight for the forum, his wife has cancer, so I understand why he has far better things to be concerned about.
You’re not really allowed to use the word cunthole on here. Please refrain from any future instances of saying cunthole. Thank you...
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08.07.2019, 09:29 AM
maguiremick's Avatar
maguiremick maguiremick is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 04.02.2008
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
You’re not really allowed to use the word cunthole on here. Please refrain from any future instances of saying cunthole. Thank you...
wow, Wayne, I didn't realise you were allowed to use 8 letter swear words on this forum
although it does explain how Qualcomm could be used without filter...

(Please don't ban me, I have a wife and kids
Ban them instead...)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:52 PM.