Thanks for the College football memories - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 28.06.2019, 09:13 AM
All Pro

Default Thanks for the College football memories

hey folks,
just thought I would throw up a quick thread to thank all those folks who contributed over the years to this part of the forum.
It was definitely my favourite
Particular highlights for me were the 7 round mock and the weekly NCAA predictions comp (which I enjoyed as a participant and laterally as organiser.

As with Wayne, I would recommended the move to UKNFLFAN (https://uknflfan.co.uk/) - that is where I hope to continue run the NCAA Pickems competition.

(And as Wayne said, he plans to continue doing the 7 rounder on the emergency forum in future (https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.com/index.php) - so get watching your tape

Thanks to one and all - it has been a pleasure.

Cheers, Mick
Old 28.06.2019, 01:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Yeah, lots of fun over the years.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in mock drafts and draft discussion. A really enjoyable way to expand your knowledge.

Thanks for the College football chatter/posts. Things like kw's 'a team every day' thread was a great way to learn more about college football. To be honest my knowledge and interest in college football would be half what it was/is without things like that.

Shout out to DueSouth too. I'm sure others would agree his passion and drive for Scouting has probably motivated others to follow suit to one extent or another.
Old 28.06.2019, 06:47 PM
Team Captain

This NCAA section of the forum has been a really big part of my enjoyment of the college game throughout many a season.

Loved being able to chat about games and teams in the weekly threads as each year progressed. Come off-season/Draft time it was nice to know I was not alone in wanting to follow Drafts in as much detail as possible and there were others like me wasting too many hours on preparing for a Draft and evaluating players!

Cannot agree more with Richard's shout outs above. Hugely appreciate the work those have put in to sharing all the history and knowledge, making this a place for me to learn even more about college football and increase my understanding of the Draft process.
Old 02.07.2019, 02:10 PM
All Pro

Not a big enough fan of college football to ever post regularly in here (more to do with time than interest though) but KW's thread A Team Every Day would probably get my vote for Best Thread Ever. A massive effort and a really enjoyable read: there's the makings of a book there, albeit one that not too many people would buy.
Old 06.07.2019, 01:04 PM
All Pro

Default Message from kw13

Hey guys, a respone here to pass on from Chris (aka kw13), and don't mind what he said about 'the team a day' piece of literary genius ,that was his work and legacy, myself and Stu just helped out a bit during the busy period

Here we go:
I’ve been unable to log in for the past year, but I was still sad to hear that Qualcomm finally got what he’s been working towards for the last 5 years.*

This place is special to me, it always will be, I’ve gone through some truly dark stuff here, depression, OCD etc. The fact that I’m as happy as I have been in a long time is in no small part due to all of you.*

To see that two years on a thread I wrote (alongside Mick and Stu) is still getting praised and has allowed me to share something I love with other people means the world to me.

I have no doubt that wherever everybody moves after this place closes is going to be successful, it’s the people who make the forum, not some NFLUK logo at the top of the page and a software 10+ years out of date.

As for me I’ll be on Reddit, (same username) posting my thoughts on pro wrestling (roll on 10pm and the start of the G1 Climax and August 31st’s AEW All Out) and Dungeons and Dragons (I like to think my time here running the weekly pick em has made me a some what passable Dungeon Master).

Have great lives and continue being good people, willing to share your time and passion.

kw13
Old 06.07.2019, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
Hey guys, a respone here to pass on from Chris (aka kw13), and don't mind what he said about 'the team a day' piece of literary genius ,that was his work and legacy, myself and Stu just helped out a bit during the busy period

Here we go:
I’ve been unable to log in for the past year, but I was still sad to hear that Qualcomm finally got what he’s been working towards for the last 5 years.*

This place is special to me, it always will be, I’ve gone through some truly dark stuff here, depression, OCD etc. The fact that I’m as happy as I have been in a long time is in no small part due to all of you.*

To see that two years on a thread I wrote (alongside Mick and Stu) is still getting praised and has allowed me to share something I love with other people means the world to me.

I have no doubt that wherever everybody moves after this place closes is going to be successful, it’s the people who make the forum, not some NFLUK logo at the top of the page and a software 10+ years out of date.

As for me I’ll be on Reddit, (same username) posting my thoughts on pro wrestling (roll on 10pm and the start of the G1 Climax and August 31st’s AEW All Out) and Dungeons and Dragons (I like to think my time here running the weekly pick em has made me a some what passable Dungeon Master).

Have great lives and continue being good people, willing to share your time and passion.

kw13
Great to hear from Chris, we’ve definitely missed him on here. I do wonder just how many of the regulars we lost because they couldn’t sign in to this shïtty site...
Old 06.07.2019, 05:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Good to hear from kw, and good to see people are still in touch. Sometimes it's easy to forget what this forum meant to people. Glad to hear you're doing well too Chris.

You have to think that without the sign in issues there would've been a much stronger case for the survival of this place. If nothing else, the announcement about the closure of the forum has brought everyone (well those that can log in, or know people that can log in) back to say their goodbyes.
Old 09.07.2019, 11:23 AM
All Pro

Just a thought but is there any way that the Team a Day thread can be ported somewhere? Maybe to Waynes Forum or UKNFLFAN?

Would be a shame to lose it.
Old 09.07.2019, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Just a thought but is there any way that the Team a Day thread can be ported somewhere? Maybe to Waynes Forum or UKNFLFAN?

Would be a shame to lose it.
Would be great if someone can do this. I’ve had a go, but no success so far...
Old 09.07.2019, 12:13 PM
All Pro

i will have a lok if there is a way I can capture it before it goes away. then can figure out where it can go.
I will be giving kw13 a shout as well later this week if I can so will get his thoughts as well.