Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 257 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 27.02.2009, 01:07 PM
All Pro

The decline of Mike Brown has been hugely detrimental to our overall solidity. Both safety positions are extremely important in the cover 2; anything we can do to improve in that area would be a good thing.
Old 27.02.2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Chicago sign O-lineman Frank Omiyale from Carolina in a deal worth between $11m and $14m. He can play both guard and tackle, but I'm sure he is there to be a tackle.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...agency_si.html
Old 27.02.2009, 01:36 PM
All Pro

I don't know how good he is but the O line needs work. A positive move.
Old 27.02.2009, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

He played in Jordan Gross' absence and did ok by all account although I haven't specifically seem much of him. I think he committed a few penalties but generally did ok. I think it is a question of depth at this point. Given he can play guard as well he gives us options. Obviously, Angelo or someone must have been a fan in college or something they have identified him quickly.
Old 27.02.2009, 03:16 PM
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown!'s Avatar
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! is offline
Pro Bowler

Hopefully one less hole to fill in the draft.
Old 27.02.2009, 04:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiBear View Post
so your still holding your breath on AP who showed less than he did in 2007,which isnt saying much and the seldom used enigma Wolfe,who is in his 3rd year on the team...
I'm not holding my breath on anything.

Perhaps if we had an offensive line that you could run behind we'd have actually seen what Adrian Peterson or Wolfe (who's far from an enigma actually, he was my personal MVP on STs last year and proved he's a good football player) could do.

But no, let's go out and sign another running back that's going to average less than 4 yards a carry anyway because our line can't run block for crap.

Then next year we can sign another running back that can get tackled in the backfield.

Our running backs aren't the problem, our line is; and I'm glad to see that we're atleast going out (by the signing mentioned a few months ago) and trying to fix that.
Old 27.02.2009, 06:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeNeil View Post
I'm not holding my breath on anything.

Perhaps if we had an offensive line that you could run behind we'd have actually seen what Adrian Peterson or Wolfe (who's far from an enigma actually, he was my personal MVP on STs last year and proved he's a good football player) could do.
man thats so lame....didnt Matt Forte run behind the same O-line..oh wait a minute,they must have changed it when Peterson or Wolfe where in,thats it.............
Old 27.02.2009, 07:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
man thats so lame....didnt Matt Forte run behind the same O-line..oh wait a minute,they must have changed it when Peterson or Wolfe where in,thats it.............
If you fail to see that Matt Forte was stifled by our Offensive Line all year long, you're a fool.

Matt had an oustanding year, but if he was running behind an even decent offensive line he would have put up even better numbers.
Old 27.02.2009, 07:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeNeil View Post
If you fail to see that Matt Forte was stifled by our Offensive Line all year long, you're a fool.

Matt had an oustanding year, but if he was running behind an even decent offensive line he would have put up even better numbers.
..but he put up the numbers and found the holes behind the same O-line as Peterson and Wolfe...yeah I agree our Line is bad and old,thats why we need another RB to help carry the load...thats why they got Jones in,because we seen what happened when we had Benson,Peterson and Wolfe to carry the load..it didnt work and when we drafted Forte,Jones was to help carry the load and it failed...if they thourght Peterson and Wolfe where the answer,then why get Jones..
Old 27.02.2009, 08:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
..but he put up the numbers and found the holes behind the same O-line as Peterson and Wolfe...yeah I agree our Line is bad and old,thats why we need another RB to help carry the load...thats why they got Jones in,because we seen what happened when we had Benson,Peterson and Wolfe to carry the load..it didnt work and when we drafted Forte,Jones was to help carry the load and it failed...if they thourght Peterson and Wolfe where the answer,then why get Jones..
Honestly, can you hear yourself?

We tried bringing in backs through FA (Kevin Jones), but they were all but invisible because our offensive line's so bad. It doesn't matter which second-class back we bring it, they're still going to struggle behind our offensive line.

Top class lines make second-class backs look good, we've got a second class line holding our top class back (Forte) back and making our second class backs (Kevin Jones, Wolfe, Peterson) look even worse.